collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: List of Roman and Hellenic-oriented pagan organisations  (Read 14976 times)

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
List of Roman and Hellenic-oriented pagan organisations
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:37:24 am »
Hellenion
Elaion
Neokoroi
Theophania Temple of Athena and Apollon
Ekklesia Neoplatonismos Theourgia
Nova Roma (Corporate faction)
Nova Roma (anti-Corporate faction)
Societas Via Romana
The Roman Republic: Res Publica Romana
Res Publica Romana
Roma Aeterna
Neos Alexandria
The Society of Epictetus
Naos Antinoou: A Temple of Antinous
Byzantium Novum

Notes:

(1. While they all have a loose Graeco-Roman orientation in common, these groups run the gamut of Mediterranean (by which I mean Mare Nostrum ;p) polytheism and paganism; ranging from purist Hellenismos to Late Imperial Neoplatonism, and from dour Roman Reconstructionism to Graeco-Egyptian polytheism. The historical periods from which they draw, the gods they worship, the philosophies they employ or don't employ, and how they worship their gods varies widely.

(2. Not all of them are active and I'm sure that not all active organisations are represented. Feel free to post ones that I missed.

(3. Nova Roma did a thing -- a very messy thing involving long-simmering feuds, a coup, and a couple macronational court cases. I was a citizen when shit hit the fan and even I'm not entirely sure what happened; so I can't really explain why there are two different Nova Romas now. ETA: the anti-corporate NR has a fairly detailed account of events here; but of course take it with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:39:11 pm by SunflowerP »
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: List of Roman and Hellenic-oriented pagan organisations
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:50:07 pm »

This is an excellent addition to the SIG's resources, and I'll make it sticky. Thank you, Castus!

I did change the font size on your notes back to the default - I was having trouble reading it even on my desktop box's 21.5" monitor, and in this instance the notes are sufficiently distinct from the links that using a smaller font isn't necessary to set them apart. I'm not going to bother with making it a blue-box reminder (though we do have a template for that, and rules about sticking to the default color/size/text font), but you are quite fond of putting additional material in a smaller font (usually in a way that makes enough sense that staff leave it be), and I'd appreciate if you got into the habit of asking yourself, 'Do I need to do this to avert confusion, or will it be clear even if I don't?' before doing so, and choosing to stick with the default whenever possible.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: