collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Therianthropy and Etheric Projection  (Read 1891 times)

chthonic-me

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Therianthropy and Etheric Projection
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:26 am »
A few months back I was fortunate enough to meet my animal totem/animal spirit guide or whatever you would like to call her. She is a female, Siberian Tiger.

Recently I was having some anxiety issues as I often do, and I noticed that parts of my face and both my hands felt unusual. Like they were stretching, moving, and changing into something else. This is not a normal trait for my anxiety or panic attacks. These feelings were associated with extreme aggression.

My boyfriend, who takes very good care with me when I'm going through these...fits, I guess you could call them, said these changes to my face and hands were not visible and he was genuinely alarmed at the situation. After it was all over, he pointed out that he sensed an unfamiliar aggression from me. He explained to me that my entire presence was drastically different from anything he'd experienced from me in the 3 years we've known each other (almost 2 years of which we've spent living together and dealing with my anxiety and panic disorders).

I meditated for a while on the things that I felt as a way to calm myself and recover. I saw signs that related specifically to my Tiger companion (whose name I now assume to be Sunrise).

My boyfriend and I spent the rest of the night doing some research and the only related information we could find were on cases of Etheric Projection where Therianthropy was involved.

I've tried to search the internet, but I keep finding the same information. Nothing new.

If anyone can share with me any information or, even better, their experiences with therianthropy and/or etheric projection, I would be very much appreciated.

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Therianthropy and Etheric Projection
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 05:33:43 am »
Quote from: chthonic-me;34805
A few months back I was fortunate enough to meet my animal totem/animal spirit guide or whatever you would like to call her. She is a female, Siberian Tiger..

You may want to look into Shape-Shifting or Shift-Shaping.  Within shamanic type practices its not uncommon to take on the form of our guides or totems and journey in that shape or form.

I have shape-shifted to brother Wolf form many times, even in the physical walking upon all fours and growling and moving as he does.  In dream time I have taken the form of Dragon and Heron to do journey work, a couple of times taking the shape of mouse to experinece that medicine and perspective.

At times the experience so strong that you feel your physical body change, stretching or changing.  I recall I awoke after an exceptionally long journey period in Dragon form and could still feel the wings upon my back and my muscles feelingout of sorts as they returned to human form.  Even to the point where visual plains of reference seem wrong initially as you return.

For myself it is normally achieved via dream time journey work or physically trying to connect to the creature's medicine and energy.  While I do not endorse it myself some shamanic practitioners use psychotrophic drugs to induce shape-shifting, other's will use a regalia of their totem or power animal to take on its form and abilites.

chthonic-me

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Therianthropy and Etheric Projection
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;34810
You may want to look into Shape-Shifting or Shift-Shaping.  Within shamanic type practices its not uncommon to take on the form of our guides or totems and journey in that shape or form.

I have shape-shifted to brother Wolf form many times, even in the physical walking upon all fours and growling and moving as he does.  In dream time I have taken the form of Dragon and Heron to do journey work, a couple of times taking the shape of mouse to experinece that medicine and perspective.

At times the experience so strong that you feel your physical body change, stretching or changing.  I recall I awoke after an exceptionally long journey period in Dragon form and could still feel the wings upon my back and my muscles feelingout of sorts as they returned to human form.  Even to the point where visual plains of reference seem wrong initially as you return.

For myself it is normally achieved via dream time journey work or physically trying to connect to the creature's medicine and energy.  While I do not endorse it myself some shamanic practitioners use psychotrophic drugs to induce shape-shifting, other's will use a regalia of their totem or power animal to take on its form and abilites.

Very, very interesting. Thank you for this information.

I won't be going with the psychotrophic drug approach. I'm not really much a fan of things like that unless it's absolutely necessary.

I think I'll try out a few things and see what if I can repeat my experience.

Tags: