collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Past Life Regression  (Read 1349 times)

rainbowcoffee

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Past Life Regression
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:53 am »
Recently I've been feeling really strongly like I've had a past life. I wanted to find out more about it so I started reading up on how I could do this. This is my experience:

I listened to brown noise, lay on my bed and closed my eyes. I breathed deeply and told myself that I was breathing in a powerful protective energy and that it would give me a protective aura. Then I relaxed. I pictured myself walking along a corridor - I pictured it really vividly, the smells, sights, sounds. Then I passed through the door at the end of the corridor whilst telling myself I would find a past life through that door. A few seconds after I'd passed through the door, my eyelids starting flickering - like they do when someone's dreaming. I could feel it happening but I couldn't control it. Then a really bright green colour flooded my vision and it was all I could see. One the green was replaced by white, and once it was replaced by blue, but the rest of the time it was just green and it kept returning to that same colour. My left leg jerked once. The colour started retreating to black and then my eyes opened.

I'm actually sort of surprised at what happened because I didn't really expect it to work, if I'm honest.

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what happened/what I should do next?

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Past Life Regression
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:42 am »
Quote from: rainbowcoffee;85030
just wondering if anybody could tell me what happened/what I should do next?

It sounds like you entered a sort of state of mind that's different from your regular waking state of mind. That's meditation, all right. :) But whether you meditated into so-and-so mindstate or other... can get complicated, so I would just advise to notice that it's happening, and, as long as you're not too uncomfortable, to let it happen. I think that sometimes, transitional phases between states of mind can have... for lack of better word, "static". Like, the noise you get when changing between radio stations. The "hypnic jerk" or "hypnogogic imagery" might explain these, if you were noticing that you were almost falling asleep.

I picked a tip from an old forum about how doing math problems can get you back into a more settled state of mind, but that might have been a way to get rid of the visualization rather than bring it back up. (Full disclosure: I've done meditations like those for past life regressions or finding spirit guides, and... I think they do work, but personally they never have, at least, not in the way that was planned or expected.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:57:27 am by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: