collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Question about familiars  (Read 1262 times)

arachnidsGrip

• View Profile
Question about familiars
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:01:34 pm »
My dad recently remarried, and his new wife brought two cats with her. The white one, Ed, and I formed an instant bond. He follows me around everywhere, and helps me find things. I feel like he'd help with spells, if I had the freedom to do them at home. ::::/ do you guys think he could be my familiar?
"You just have to know who you are and stay true to that."
-Vriska Serket

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: Question about familiars
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »
Quote from: arachnidsGrip;113344
My dad recently remarried, and his new wife brought two cats with her. The white one, Ed, and I formed an instant bond. He follows me around everywhere, and helps me find things. I feel like he'd help with spells, if I had the freedom to do them at home. ::::/ do you guys think he could be my familiar?

It all depends on your definition of "familiar." I have a similar connection with my Maine Coon, we fell in love as soon as we saw each other. I consider her my familiar, and she used to annoy/bother help with spells and rituals before Boyfriend moved in and kicked her out of the bedroom. Now she annoys/bothers helps with my art work, which can be witchy at times.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

arachnidsGrip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:04:33 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;113345
It all depends on your definition of "familiar." I have a similar connection with my Maine Coon, we fell in love as soon as we saw each other. I consider her my familiar, and she used to annoy/bother help with spells and rituals before Boyfriend moved in and kicked her out of the bedroom. Now she annoys/bothers helps with my art work, which can be witchy at times.

Cool. I hope I can find another animal that I can form such a strong bond with, as I won't be able to take him with me to college. ::::( speaking of witchy art, I should give that a try! I've been having a big drawing block, and I could use a new subject. ::::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:06:25 pm by arachnidsGrip »
-Vriska Serket

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Question about familiars
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 12:39:30 am »
Quote from: arachnidsGrip;113351
Cool. I hope I can find another animal that I can form such a strong bond with, as I won't be able to take him with me to college. ::::( speaking of witchy art, I should give that a try! I've been having a big drawing block, and I could use a new subject. ::::)

If you're having an art block, try flipping through a magazine and cut out a picture you like. I can't draw or paint to save my life, but I make a mean mixed media page.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:55:48 am »

A Reminder:
Please remember to only use text colors to stress a few important words in the text, not for the entire message. Black text is standard because it is the easiest for most people to read.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

arachnidsGrip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:20:17 am »
Quote from: RandallS;113382
A Reminder:
Please remember to only use text colors to stress a few important words in the text, not for the entire message. Black text is standard because it is the easiest for most people to read.

Oops. Got it. ::::)
-Vriska Serket

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:07 am »

While anything is possible, this really isn't abnormal behavior for a cat. Unless by "helps me find things" you nmean that you tell the cat what you are looking for and he runs and finds it.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

KaiNinaste

• View Profile
Question about familiars
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:20:09 pm »

I've always believed you can never assume that they are your familiar, you have to ask. As said before that isn't unnatural behaviour for a cat, nor is it to bond strongly with an animal. Try asking for signs that they are, and ask the cat directly. Always ask who they are too.

Tags: