collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Non-standar Holiday Music  (Read 3551 times)

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Non-standar Holiday Music
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 12:40:34 pm »
Quote from: Scales;130888
Some of them are already down, and lots aren't technically christmas season songs, but this thread got me to start building my own playlist (so far the ordering is just a draft, I'll get it done before I have to visit people)

Oh, I could do this for hours.

Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »
Quote from: Asch;130708
That is to say, not explicitly Christian OR played to death saccharine department store muzak. Ha.

Any suggestions?

Well, my perception may be skewed because I absolutely adore mainstream, traditional Christmas music but I very much enjoy Pearl Bailey's "Five Pound Box of Money" which I don't believe is too common.

Castus is listening to Bing Crosby cover "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" as he writes this...
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 11:11:06 pm »
Quote from: Castus;131075
Well, my perception may be skewed because I absolutely adore mainstream, traditional Christmas music but I very much enjoy Pearl Bailey's "Five Pound Box of Money" which I don't believe is too common.

Castus is listening to Bing Crosby cover "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" as he writes this...

I should clarify I'm not anti-Christian or anti-traditional regarding Christmas music I've just worked retail way to freakin' long and would prefer not to listen to music that makes me cringe and remember Black Friday horrors....

*is really really glad to do digital customer service now*

Kelly

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 01:01:17 am »
That is to say, not explicitly Christian OR played to death saccharine department store muzak. Ha.

Any suggestions?

Billy Idol's "Yelling at the  Christmas  Tree".  It's  off the wall,  quirky,  some may say offensive  and work UNSAFE  but I  rather like it.

Another  Christmas  song  I  like  is " Little  Drummer  Boy/ Peace  on  Earth"  by  David  Bowie  and  Bing  Crosby.

I  apologise for the lack of linkage  but  I'm on my phone and it doesn't want to cooperate with me  on  finding,  copying and pasting  the  links.
Deflated, but not defeated, I awaken.
Discouraged, but not destroyed, I rise.
Down, but determined, I try again.
~Doe Zantamata

Trying times are not the times to stop trying.
~Ray Owen

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 07:40:28 pm »
Quote from: drekfletch;130886
Hrm.  I like the religious music.

I like a lot of it, especially medieval stuff.  I have a special weakness for Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella.  Especially in French.

Brina

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:55 pm »

Any suggestions?

I like the Nutcracker music for this time of year.  And 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'.  Only because I wasn't too fond of one of mine and it would be the one thing I'd ask Santa for when I was little :/

Tags: