collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: DivEx - Amphibian  (Read 816 times)

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Magpie eclectic feral urban hedge druid(ish)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
DivEx - Amphibian
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »
Back at the end of spring, a friend noted that I was "having a complicated reality lately".  It's nearly four months later, and, well. Things aren't any less complicated.  I have a couple of decisions that reasonably fall under the 'major irrevocable life change' category, and looking for some...guidance on how to deal with (as well as the raft of seemingly-minor changes that don't stop coming).

One situation would be with regards to my day job, the other has to deal with home life. I'll gladly share some more details in PM if you find them necessary, but is a little sensitive to be posting openly on a public forum.

Thanks.
All knowledge is worth having.
It doesn't stop being magic just because you know how it works.

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: DivEx - Amphibian
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:45:36 pm »
Quote from: Amphibian;157056
Back at the end of spring, a friend noted that I was "having a complicated reality lately".  It's nearly four months later, and, well. Things aren't any less complicated.  I have a couple of decisions that reasonably fall under the 'major irrevocable life change' category, and looking for some...guidance on how to deal with (as well as the raft of seemingly-minor changes that don't stop coming).

One situation would be with regards to my day job, the other has to deal with home life. I'll gladly share some more details in PM if you find them necessary, but is a little sensitive to be posting openly on a public forum.

Thanks.

I can get you a tarot reading by tomorrow if you'd like.
Which situation would you like me to read about?

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »
Quote from: Alice;157089
I can get you a tarot reading by tomorrow if you'd like.
Which situation would you like me to read about?

Work, please.

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »
Quote from: Amphibian;157096
Work, please.

Here it is – I hope you don’t mind cats, I’m using the Cats Eye Tarot.

Since I don’t know much about the situation I thought I’d use a more general spread. I modified the “build a bridge” spread to make it nine cards. The center card signifies the issue, the left card is the advice card, and the right card is the outcome. The top row is three helpful forces to take advantage of, the bottom row is three warnings/negative forces.

Central issue – Ace of Pentacles. The Ace is about potential, so this makes me think the issue has something to do with starting something new (or trying to start something new). Pentacles are business/work related, so that fits here.

Advice – Justice. Justice isn’t so much about judging people as it is about balance and cause/effect. This card seems to be advising you to be objective, ethical, and willing to compromise between extremes.  

Helpful forces –
-   Six of Wands. This card is about prestige and self-assurance. You have confidence, and it’d be a good idea to exude that quality to those around you.

-   The Emperor. The Emperor is about authority and guidance.  I’m assuming you have authority or influence in one way or the other, something you can use to your advantage.

-   Eight of Pentacles. This card is about apprenticeship/learning and being engaged in work. This could suggest there’s something you are learning or a project of some kind you’re engaged in that could be helpful to you.

Harmful forces –
-   Nine of Swords. This card suggests anxiety and despair. It’s the strongest card in its suit. I think it warns that it’s easy to become overwhelmed and anxious now.

-   Four of Swords. This is about passive thoughtfulness and planning. In this position, it could mean that if you spend too much time thinking the situation over, you’ll stop making progress and perhaps miss an opportunity to act.

-   Nine of Pentacles. This card symbolizes material success and comfort. Maybe this is warning you not to become too complacent in your situation, which could slow you to a standstill.  

Outcome – Knight of Pentacles. The Knight of Pentacles is static but watchful. This could suggest that in the end you will have achieved your goals but must remain vigilant in order to stay that way.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:42:01 pm by SunflowerP »

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:41 am »
Quote from: Alice;157188
Here it is – I hope you don’t mind cats, I’m using the Cats Eye Tarot.

Far from it; cats are quite possibly one of my Favorite Things (as the song goes.)

As for the reading...thank you. I know you're working from not a lot of information, but...it really does make a lot of sense. (More than I was expecting, really.)

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 07:07:40 pm »
Quote from: Amphibian;157231
Far from it; cats are quite possibly one of my Favorite Things (as the song goes.)

As for the reading...thank you. I know you're working from not a lot of information, but...it really does make a lot of sense. (More than I was expecting, really.)

Haha, cats are awesome.
Thats good. Good luck.

Tags: