Do you have any advice? Any ideas on where my beliefs might fit into a particular Pagan tradition?
Here is a brief run-down of my basic spiritual beliefs:
* Soft polytheism. I’m more of a universalist, as I mainly view the gods as the same universal divinity manifesting in different forms, so I don’t see much contradiction on honoring gods of different pantheons as such.
* I’m generally not one for groups and I’m more interested in a solitary path.
* The natural world is imbued with spirit, and thus is regarded as alive and sacred.
* I don’t practice magic. I have a lot of respect for the occult and magic, but I don’t thank that that is something that I’m going for in my spiritual practices.
* A belief in karma (the universal law of cause and effect).
* A belief that all living creatures have a soul.
* A belief in reincarnation. In between each life form the soul rests in the afterlife for a period before being born into another body.
* I’m not entirely sure if there are incarnations of the divine among humanity. However I do believe that to tap into oneself is to tap into the divine.
* I follow the wheel of the year but tend to be more drawn towards the solstices and equinoxes than what I see as man-made celebrations such as Beltane or Lammas.
* Ancestor veneration is important.
Message Board: Join in our discussion.