The next article is from a visitor writer and has not essentially been vetted earlier than publication. If the content material of this text is objectionable or violates copyright, please report it.
Goddess worshiping began to unfold from one tradition to a different, because of the new means to journey throughout seas and worldwide commerce. One goddess title that they handed on from one tradition and mythology to the subsequent was the title, "Queen of Heaven". The next listing of goddesses shared that title:
• INANNA: Sumerian Goddess of Love, Fertility, Conflict, Morning and Night Stars.
• ASHERAH: Canaanite Mom Goddess
• ASTARTE: Greek Goddess of Fertility, Sexuality and Warfare
• ANAT: Canaanite's Virgin Goddess of Conflict and Strife
• ANTIT / ANTI / ANANT: Egyptian Conflict Goddess
• ISIS: Egyptian Goddess Patron of Magic and Nature
• HERA: Greek Goddess of Ladies and Marriage
• JUNO: Roman equal of Hera, Goddess Patron of Ladies
• FRIGG: Norse Goddess of Marriage and Motherhood
Different goddesses have been altering in titles and the best way the cultures perceived the feminine deity. Up till the Cucuteni-Trypillian 2750 BC the goddess titles have been of a non struggle-like in nature reminiscent of mom, earth, solar, fertility, love, therapeutic, being pregnant, crops, agriculture and rivers. The Sumerian worshiped one of many old flame and struggle goddesses in addition to a sky goddess. The Canaanites additionally worshiped a sky goddess, conflict goddesses and added a number of moon goddesses to their pantheon.
• Canaanite Faith 3300BC – 5 AD and Phoenician Mythology 2300-1200BC
A number of the Canaanite goddesses info got here from the key anthropology discover referred to as the Ras Shamra, an historic vault discovered by a Syrian peasant farming in a sixty-5 foot area situated close to Minet-el Beida (White Harbor) in northern Syria. It was recognized as the traditional Canaanite's metropolis of Ugarit, a Mediterranean port. The town itself overlies collection of Bronze Age Chalcolithic and Neolithic settlements. This dig contained 5 ranges.
• Within the fifth degree they discovered flint and bone carried out courting again to 6000-5000 BC
• Within the forth degree they discovered adorned Halafian ware courting again to 5000-4500BC.
• In degree three they discovered Khirbet ware that had been destroyed by hearth courting again to 4500-2100BC.
• In degree two they discovered wealthy commercials facilities with of financial exchanges from the twelfth dynasty of Egypt courting again to 2100-1600BC.
• In degree one they discovered the cuneiform doc. It was the best literary uncover from historic occasions. The cuneiform helped in deciphering the Hebrew Bible. Additionally they discovered one other essential piece of literature, the Ba'al Cycle, the idea for the faith and tradition of the Canaanites. And as well as, they discovered the oldest piece of annotated historic music devoted to the Moon Goddess Nikkal. This degree of artifacts dated again to 1600-1200BC
A few of the different artifacts discovered included:
• Household homes
• Two tempted devoted to Ba'al and Dragon,
• Administration and financial paperwork
• Priest's library
• Sacred Texts
• Seal impressions in Hittite hieroglyphics
• twelfth century BC cuneiform indicators utilizing a 32 lettered alphabet.
The next is an inventory of the primary Canaanite and Phoenician goddesses:
• ANAT: Ugarit's Virgin Goddess of Warfare, Hunt, Savagery and Strife, from Mesopotamia's feminine counterpart of ANU or his consort ANTU. The Phoenicians modified her identify to ANATH. She was additionally present in Egypt, Greece and Rome
ANAT is also called: Antit, Anti, Anant, Ceres
She was one of many main goddesses, who performed a big half within the Ba'al Cycle. ANAT was daughter of El and was each sister and mate of Ba'al Hadad. The Virgin title is taken into account to imply "an unbiased lady", as she was stated to have bore Ba'al seventy-seven calves after copying in types of a cow and a bull. As she was not Ba'al's consort she lived individually in a mansion situated in Ughar or Inbab. Typically depicted as an archer. Each her and Athirat have been nursemaids to the gracious gods. The Ugarit group gave her the identify, Sister-in-regulation of the Individuals.
• ARSAY: Canaanite's Goddess of Earth and Underworld, is said to ALLATUM, Mesopotamian's Underworld Goddess of the Underneath-earth who was modeled after Mesopotamian's goddess, ERESHIKIGAL. The Phoenicians modified her identify to ARETSAYA, whose identify has been interpreted because the Daughter of Ample Movement and Daughter of the Extensive World.
She was the youngest sister to Pidraya and Talaya, the third daughter of Ba'al. Collectively they have been often known as the renounced brides within the Epic of Ba'al. Her identify means she of the earth.
• ASHERAH: was a Canaanite Mom Goddess from the Mesopotamian Mythology generally known as ASHRATUM. In Ugarit, Phenicia her identify was modified to ATHIRAT. She was additionally recognized in Arabia, Greece and Hattusa
Asherdu (s), Asherdu (s), Asertu (s), Asherdu (s), Asirdu (s), Asherdu (s), Asirdu (s)
She is a serious Seminary goddess known as the "Walker of the Sea", who was talked about within the Akkadian writings.
She was the one of many goddesses who assisted in Ba'al in his escape from the underworld
In Phoenicia, she was referred to as "Creator of Gods" who’s related to the Tree of Life, and the goddess on the Greek carved on a well-known ivory field-lid of Mycenae, which was discovered at Ugarit, courting 1300 BC. This carving exhibits her sporting an elaborate skirt and jewellery. She is topless and her hair is delicately dressed. Asherah is smiling, as she is providing wheat sheaves to a pair of goats.
ATARGATIS: A Phoenician Nice Mom and Fertility, Goddess of the Earth and Water, initially from Syria, generally known as ATARATHEH and unfold to Greece and Rome. Within the Ugarit cuneiform tablets she was referred to her as Goddess of the Sea
Atargatis was also called: Aphrodite Derceto, Dea Syriae also known as one phrase Deasura
Doves and fish have been sacred to her; they symbolize fertility and lifetime of the waters. She was typically represented in easy lady type, or as a mermaid. Within the temple of Ashkelon, Israel and in Diodorus Siculus' historical past books she was a mermaid. She based and taught the individuals social and non secular procedures in addition to inventing helpful home equipment. In her capability as Heavenly Goddess, she is worried with astrology, divination and destiny.
Atargatis was additionally worshiped in Ascalon, Syria modern-day Manbij, forty miles south west of Jerusalem. Right here she is claimed to have the oldest temple to Aphrodite (her Greek identify). The temple of Atargatis was described as richly adorned with a golden ceiling, doorways and the statue of Atargatis together with her consort Hadad, was additionally made from gold. He was enthroned between two bulls and she or he sat on two lions, holding a scepter in a single hand and a software utilized in spinning fibers within the different. Her waist was girdled with the magic belt that made her irresistible when worn. She wore a formed formed crown coated with gems and jewels from throughout, with an amazing purple jewel that lit up the room. And regardless of the place you have been within the room, the statue's eyes all the time appeared immediately at you.
Not removed from her temple was a sacred lake stocked with many sorts of fish. A number of the fish have been adorned with jewels embedded of their fins. The fish knew their very own names and would come when referred to as and would snuggle as much as individuals to be pet. In the midst of lake was an altar, which individuals would swim to and make choices. It was taboo to eat or contact the fish until you have been within the priesthood.
There was additionally one other temple referred in 1 & 2 Maccabees at Carnion in Gilead (modern-day north west Jordan), the place Atargatis seems because the spouse of Hadad. Each are the protective deities of the group. Atargatis is the ancestor of the royal home, sporting a mural crown.
She additionally appeared together with her consort Hadad in temples situated in Palmyra and Dura Europos as Artemis Azzanathkona. And among the many symbols they discovered have been Atargatis' spindle, scepter and fish-spear. There are two nicely-preserved tribulations in Niha Lebanon devoted to her and Hadad and quite a few Nabatean bas-aid busts of Atargatis in temple ruins of the early first century AD. On these busts the eyes and lips have been flippantly veiled and a pair of fish confronted one another have been above her head, together with her wavy hair parted within the center suggesting water.
Atargatis of Ascalon's picture was carved on cash within the first century BC, her physique stylized in a decent sheath gown together with her arms protruding on the sides at proper angles. She wears a veil that reaches to the ground and holds a flower or an ear of corn in a single hand. Her shoulders are two wheat or barley sheaves, her gown is textured with grains of barley and an unidentified oval on the middle typically representing the magic belt. At Palmyra she seems on the coinage with a lion and the crescent moon with an inscription of her identify.
The worship of Atargatis was practiced with track, dance, and music made with flutes and rattles, the worshipers would work them right into a frenzy. The worship of Atargatis unfold to different elements of the Mediterranean, principally purchased by Syrian slaves.
• ATTART: A Goddess of Love and Warfare. She originated from the Sumerian and Mesopotamian Mythology as Inanna In Phoenicia that modified her identify to Ashtart within the cities Sor, Tire, Sidon, Zidon, Byblos and Gubla. She was additionally present in Egypt, Greece, Rome, Estruia and Hattusa.
Attart is also referred to as or recognized to: Ashtart, Ishtar, Astartu, Ishtar within the type of Astartu, Hadad, Astarte, Venus,
Along with the above titles she was additionally referred to as:
o Goddess of Fertility, Conflict, Love and Intercourse
o The Morning Star
o Goddess of Conflict and Hunt
o The Night Star
o Moon Goddess
Attart was additionally the deity of the planet Venus and a Fertility Goddess. Her cult was recognized in its' follow of Temple prostitution.
Phenicia's Ashtart is proven as an archer and beside her stands a lion and the snakes on the cypress tree have been sacred to her
A number of gold cash from Ugarit present her bare close to a tree rising from her pelvic triangle which will symbolize the Close to Japanese Tree of Life.
Within the legends of Ugarit, discovered within the Ras Shamra, Attart and Anat restrained the younger God Ba'al from killing the river god Yam. However when Yam is taken captive, Ba'al killed him. Attart rebukes Ba'al and leaves the backyard.
Attart's chief temple was present in Ascalon, Philistia, close to Jerusalem. In Sidon, Phenicia there was one other temple of Attart who was titled the moon-goddess. This temple was sacred to the Phoenician princess, Europa, daughter of Oceanus and Tethys.
• BA'ALAT: Canaanite's Goddess of Therapeutic first talked about as BELILI in Mesopotamia's Akkadian writings. Phenicia modified her identify to BA'ALAT GUBUL and within the metropolis Byblos to BA'ALAT GEBAL. She was additionally worshiped in Egypt, Greece and Rome.
Ba'alat was also referred to as or recognized to: Ba'alit, Belit, Balthi, Hathor, Aphrodite, Venus
Along with her above titles additionally they referred to as her:
• Sky Goddess,
• Mom Goddess of Love, Magnificence, Motherhood, Overseas Lands, Mining and Music
• Goddess of Love Magnificence Pleasure and Procreation
• Goddess of Love Magnificence, Intercourse, Fertility, Prosperity and Victory
Little or no recognized about BA'ALAT, she was the spouse or feminine counterpart of Ba'al and a chief deity. She was the primary goddess in Gubla or Byblos, modern-day Jbeil in Lebanon. In legends of the very historic metropolis of Gubla, it was stated to be the primary metropolis of the world. Her shrine in Gubla dates again to 2700BC. There’s proof that the settlement exists in 5000BC and had lengthy historical past of commerce with Egypt. She was the goddess who watched over and guarded the town of Gubla and the royal household.
ELISHAT: One in every of Phenicia's Moon Goddesses, in Greece generally known as ELISSA, in Rome as DIDO. Her names imply The Wanderer or The Fugitive, referring to the Moon wandering over the sky in the middle of a month. She can also be Deity of the town of Qart-hadasht (New metropolis); her title was the Queen of New Metropolis referring to the town she protected. The New Metropolis is extra generally recognized by it's Roman's identify, Carthage.
• ISHAT: Goddess of fireside and warmth, referred to as the 'bitch of the gods'. Within the epic of Ba'al known as an enemy of God who was slain by Anat. Her title was the Fiery, who represented the burning warmth of summer time that causes the crops to wither and die.
• KOSHARTU: Canaanite's Skillful Goddess, her identify means expert and intelligent, spouse or female model of the God Kothar-wa-Khasis, a magical craftsman of the Gods. It’s thought that she might have had mystical powers like her husband however little or no is understood about her
• KOTHARAT / KOTHAROT / KATHIRAT: Ugarit's group of Goddesses of Marriage and Being pregnant, in Phoenicia their identify was modified to KOTHIRAT. Their names imply, skillful ones.
This goddess group is related to conception and childbirth. Described because the swallow-like daughters of the crescent moon. ' They’re additionally related to the brand new moon.
• MALIDTHU: Canaanite's Goddess of Love, Fertility, Childbirth and the Aromatic Myrrh-tree, recognized in Greece as MULITTS. Mom of Kinnur or Kinaur, who is called Adonis by the Greeks,
Different spellings of her identify: Mldth or Mr within the Ugarit texts; Mulitts, Mu Allidta, Mirru; among the many Greeks
Her shrine was situated on the spring of Aphek (modern-day Afka), close to her shrine was a sacred lake which had meteorite or hearth had as soon as fallen. This was stated to resume the youthful great thing about the goddess. The lake would help any quantity of weight placed on it.
• MARAH: Canaanite Water Goddess, benevolent and merciful daughter of the Nice Mom Goddess Athirat of the Sea and twin sister of Anat.
• NIKKAL-WA-IB: Ugarit's & Phenicia's Goddess of the Moon, Orchards and Fruit, originating from the Sumerian goddess NINGAL.
As Ningal, she is dated earlier than a date tree and different necessary fruit timber of the Sumer space. Her title was the Nice Woman and her names means the Woman of the Temple.
Nikkal is usually referred to as the daughter of Dragon of Tuttul, the Deity of Fertility and Agriculture. The orchards in her space are olive, fig, apple, pistachio, walnut and almond timber. Her title was the Nice Woman and Shiny.
The Hurrian Track, devoted to Nikkal was the hymn discovered at Ras Shamra and performed on 9-string instrument.
• PIDRAYA: Canaanite's Goddess of Mild or Mist, the eldest daughter of Ba'al, one of many Good Brides. Her identify interprets to Flashing or Shiny, daughter of Mild and Mist. One in every of her titles is Maiden of the Mild. She is taken into account a fertility or nature Goddess as her rain brings nourishment and quickens the crops progress.
The choice spellings of her identify are: Pidray, Pidrai, and Pdry
• QADESHTU: From the Canaanite faith, her identify means "Holy One". She was a fertility goddess of sacred ecstasy and sexual pleasure, in Egypt often known as QETESH.
Her metropolis of worship was Kadesh.
It was widespread apply for the Canaanites and Egyptians to merge totally different deities right into a single entity. Qadeshtu on the Triple Goddess Stone was inscribed Qudshu-Astarte-Anat.
On the Qadeshtu stele limestone portray she is bare holding snakes in a single hand and a lotus flower within the different as symbols of creation.
She was additionally related to Asherah and the Goddesses of Myceneae, of the Minoans of Crete and sure Kassite goddesses of the metallic commerce.
Various spellings of her identify are: Quadshu, Qudshu, Qodsh, Qadesh, Qadashu, Qadesha, Qedeshet, Kedesh and Kodesh
• RAHMAYA: Canaanite's Mom Goddess of Well being and Nurses. Her identify means the Merciful. She is among the two wives of El, the King of Gods. Rahmaya can also be a excessive tempered Struggle Goddess, who likes to smash the heads of the enemy troopers.
Alternate spellings of her identify are Rahmay, Rachmay and Rohmaya.
• SHAPASH additionally transliterated SHAPSHU: Ugarit's / Canaanite's Goddess of the Solar, daughter of El and Asherah. She is a vital goddess, which comes for the Mesopotamian solar God, SHAMASH. She is called "torch of the gods" and could also be associated to the deity at Ebla named Shipish and to Shams or Chems a pre Muslim Arabic solar deity who was worshiped at dawn, midday and sundown.
Alternate spellings of her identify have been Sapas, Shapas and Shaph.
Shapash acts as messenger or consultant on El's behalf. She has some ruling over the shades and ghosts of the netherworld. She interacts with all the primary characters within the Epic of Baal. Shapash was additionally the deity of justice.
• SHA'TAQAT: The Phoenician Therapeutic Goddess who’s talked about in Ugaritic texts when she cured Keret, King of Sidon. She is described as winged and typically referred to as a feminine demon that’s robust in magic and may drive away illness.
• TALAYA: Canaanite's Rain goddess and Goddess of the Summer time Dew, She was considered one of noble brides and second daughter of Asherah and Ba'al. Within the epic of Ba'al she had a fantastic palace which prompted the envious Ba'al to construct his personal.
Alternate spellings of her names are Talay, Talai, Talliya, and Tly.
• TANIT: The Phoenician Lunar Goddess additionally worshiped because the Nice Goddess of Carthage, Sky Goddess and Virgin Mom Goddess who was a logo of fertility.
She was consort and spouse of Ba'al-Hamon who watched over and guarded Carthage, a metropolis.
Tanit was a chief goddess and worshiped in Carthage who unfold to Western Mediterranean from Malta to Gades, Spain, Sardinia, Sicily, Tunisia, Historic Libya, Egypt, Nubia, Greece and Rome the place she achieved many titles. Along with the above titles she was referred to as:
• Ruler of the Solar, Moon and Stars
• Goddess of Weaving
• Metropolis Patron Deity of Sais
• Nice Goddess Mom and Patroness of Childbirth
• Goddess of Fertility, Sexuality and Struggle
• Goddess of Love and Magnificence
• Goddess of Harvest
• Goddess of Hunt, Moon and Birthing
• Goddess of Mild and Childbirth
• Heavenly Virgin
• Heavenly Goddess
• Nice Mom
• Mom of the Gods
• The Woman of Carthage
• The Woman of the Sanctuary
• Face of Ba'al
• Tanis the Greek
• Fruitful Goddess
Also referred to as, or recognized to:
• Juno Lucina
• Virgo Calestic
• Dea Caelestis
• Kybel (Cybele)
In Carthage the worshiping of Tanit dates again to 5BC. A lot of the metropolis was utterly destroyed by Rome within the Carthage wars however by some means the Sanctuary of Tanit and Ba'al managed to outlive. It’s adjoining to the youngsters's cemetery. There she has been depicted driving a lion and carrying an extended spear or spectre sporting a diadem or a crown with wheat sheaves sure in her hair as a wreath with a crescent moon behind.
Different Tanit artifacts discovered have been:
• Her shrine in Sarepta, southern Phenicia displaying Tanit with a lion's head.
• A sculpture of Tanit was discovered at Kerkoane, within the Cap Bon Peninsula in Tunisia.
• The written Canaan origins of Tanit have been present in Ugaritic written sources.
• Her picture carved on cash within the 4th and third century BC, driving a lion with and lance in her hand.
In Egypt, Tanit means the Land of Neith and the goddess NEITH dates again the primary dynamic 3100-2890BC and lengthy survived lengthy after the autumn of Carthage.
The Historic Libyan Berber Mythology has related Tanit with the Amazons courting again to the Trojan Struggle of 1193-1183BC.
Tanit continues to be revered in Northern Africa underneath the Latin identify of Juno Caelestis.
Her symbols have been:
• Dove connecting her to Astarte
• Grapes and Pomegranates (symbolic of fruitfulness and fertility)
• Palm tree, representing the Tree of Life and Tree of Life symbolized the life drive of the Earth
• Lion for warrior high quality
• Snake is what her identify means. Within the Phoenician / Punic language her identify means Dragon or Serpent Woman
• Spears and lances for warrior high quality
• Spectres represented her title as Star goddess and she or he was stated to have an Oracle
• Crescent moons symbolized her because the Lunar Goddess
• Triangle with a circle on the prime with a horizontal line between the 2. Typically proven with two vertical strains coming from the horizontal. This symbols was discovered on many stone carvings however solely present in Phoenicia and have been translated to be an altar or a lady in an extended gown.
• UM PACHAL: The Canaanite Goddess of Therapeutic, Serpents, Magic and Horses from the Ugarit textual content.
Her title was, the Mare and her identify means the Purposeful Goddess.
She was the daughter of the Solar Goddess, Shapash and spouse of Choron. Her marriage granted her a connection to the Underworld. The identify of her house was The Home of Incantations. She had the facility of speech and spell casting. Her position because the Horse goddess represented fertility and sexuality.
• YBRDMY: From the Ugarit textual content, Goddess of Love and Warfare, the gorgeous single daughter of Asherah, in Phoenicia as YABARODMAY in Greece as ASTARTE, the Goddess of Love and Warfare and Ba'al.
• ZEBUB: Canaanite Goddess of Hearth or Flame discovered within the Ugarit texts, in Phoenicia referred to as ZABIB, the daughter of El who was slain by Anat in the identical battle that she killed Ishat.
Her identify interprets into the insect generally known as a fly. Which is necessary information for guessing her rank. In Egypt the Golden Fly was awarded to troopers with distinctive valor and was given to ladies in Egypt's 18th dynasty dominated by Queen Aahhotep, which can imply she was thought-about a fierce opponent of Ba'al.
The Canaanite tradition goes again to 6200BC, divided into teams:
• The Japanese group who spoke Akkadian, the language of the Assyrians and Babylonians, who inhabited the Tigris and Euphrates river valleys.
• The South Western Semites owned Arabia and Ethiopia, who spoke Semitic.
• The North Western Semites occupied the Levant – the areas of at present that features: Palestine territories, Syria, Israel and Lebanon. Additionally they spoke Semi
The Persian historical past books said that the Phoenicians / Canaanites have been initially from the japanese a part of the Arabian Peninsula, on the shores, of the Erythraean Sea, immediately's Yemen and Gulf of Aden, the place there have been comparable gods, goddesses, cemeteries and temples. It was written that that they had a quarrel and sailed throughout the ocean.
They have been a hunter-gatherer civilization with agriculture and domestication capabilities. The Canaanite faith was strongly influenced by the Sumerian, Pre-Islamic Arabian polytheism and Egyptian mythology. The Canaanites settled and practiced their beliefs in historic Levant and along with the above areas talked about within the North Western group additionally they settled in elements of Cyprus, Turkey, and Iraq and remained there from the Bronze Age to the primary centuries of the Widespread Period .
The artifacts discovered at Ras Shamra from the Bronze Age confirmed that the Canaanites entered Ugarit round 3000BC.
In 1800 BC, Ugarit, the Canaanite port metropolis was underneath Egyptian hegemony and was dominated by Egyptians till 1400 BC.
The knowledge on Canaanite cosmology was written by Greek historians and is organized with their Cosmology.
Households worshiped ancestral family gods and goddesses, whereas acknowledging the existence of different deities corresponding to Baal and El. Kings additionally performed an necessary spiritual position and in sure ceremonies, such because the sacred marriage of the New Yr Pageant. They could have been revered as gods. On the middle of Canaanite faith was royal involved for spiritual and political legitimacy and the location of a holy authorized construction, in addition to peasant emphasis on fertility of the crops, flocks and people.
Typically, the Canaanites believed that from gods like Chaos, Ether, Air, Wind and Want produced an egg referred to as Mot. The egg was populated with creatures, which didn’t transfer till the sky and heavenly our bodies have been shaped. After the egg opened and water separated from the sky, the gods of El have been shaped.
The Gods meeting occurred at Mt. Lel. The mount was the supply for 2 rivers and two oceans. It was situated beneeth the wells of the earth, three spans beneeth its marshes. It’s considered a area and never a mountain, the place El dwelled in a mansion with eight entrances and seven chambers.
Targhizizi and Tharumagi are the Twin Mountains, which held the agency up above the earth-circling ocean, thereby bounding the earth. The underworld and Shapshu's grave, was entered by lifting up a rock to a wooded peak. Surrounding the doorway was a river-shore land of pasture and fields, recognized sarcastically as "Pleasure" or "Delight".
In accordance with Canaanite beliefs, when the bodily physique dies, the "soul" departs from the physique to the land of Mot. Our bodies have been buried with items and choices of food and drinks to make sure that they might not hassle the dwelling. Lifeless relations have been commemorated and typically requested for assist
The Ba'al cycle was present in items and sadly a few of these items have been misplaced together with the a number of the legend. The Ba'al Cycle is a legend of the god Ba'al, who’s also called Hadad, the god of storm & fertility. In abstract:
• It begins with Yam eager to rule over all gods. Yam tries to overthrow Ba'al's throne and Yam is killed within the battle.
• Ba'al resides at Mount Zaphon north of Ugarit.
• Then Ba'al, Athirat and Anat persuade El to let Kothar-wa-Khasis from Egypt construct Ba'al a palace. When the palace was accomplished, Ba'al challenged Mot by roaring out of the palace window.
• Whereas the window is open, Mot ventures and swallows Ba'al, sending him to the Underworld.
• This brought on a horrible drought as a result of Ba'al was not there to provide the Earth with rain.
• Later Anat goes to the Underworld to seek out Ba'al to bury his physique with nice sacrifices and weaving. Anat then assaults Mot with a knife, grinding him up into items and scatters him far and vast.
• Anat and Athirat assist Ba'al escape from the underworld after which Ba'al returns to Mount Zaphon.
• Later Mot additionally returns and is warned by Shapash that El is now on Ba'al aspect, inflicting Mot to be afraid, so declares Ba'al king.
The gods within the Ba'al cycle have been recognized with Greek gods: Ba'al to Zeus, Yam to Poseidon, Mot to Hades, and El to Cronus. The Sumerian Tiamat has been recognized to Yam. In Egypt they recognized the magical craftsman Kothar-wa-Khasis with their god Ptah. Yam, Ba'al and Anat have been additionally worshiped in Historic Egypt, And in Historic Libya the Berbers worshiped Yam.
Round 1200BC, the Greeks encountered the Canaanites, they renamed them the Phoenicians or Phoenicians, and of their language it means purple or purple, an outline of the material that they traded to the Greeks and Egyptians. The Phoenician period noticed a shift in Canaanite faith. Every metropolis had it personal pantheon and renamed a number of the goddesses.
The Israeliite invasion of Japanese Mediterranean led to the abandonment of Ugarit in 1200BC.
Then from 1100BC to 7AD, the next nations invaded Canaan:
• Center Assyrian Empire
• Egyptian Nubian Dynasty
• Neo Assyrian Empire
• Byzantium Empire
Lastly falling to the Arab Islamic civilization.
Three Canaanite / Phoenician goddesses, Anat, Asherah and Astarte, whose names have been preserved within the Hebrew Bible together with their title of Queen of Heaven.