UK Cauldronites

Coronavirus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PerditaPickle
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ll keep listing events in the SIG’s calendar, but I won’t be specifically adding any updates and in particular cancellations in light of the coronavirus situation, so you should obviously check before you travel anywhere & make sure any events are still running before setting off (or cancel your plans accordingly – this is recommended, actually).

If you do decide to attend any event(s), please check for the most up-to-date advice about coronavirus before you do – I recommend searching +NHS +coronavirus in Google or another reliable search engine, and aim to visit either the NHS or the .gov website for the latest official advice. At the time of writing I believe that current advice is for social distancing and to avoid gathering places such as pubs and cinemas, so you may want to think twice before attending any event(s).

Stay safe, everyone.

PerditaPickle
    Participant

Ah, nevermind – we’re obviously not allowed anymore due to the lockdown.

I’ll revisit later in the year depending on what’s happening.

Stay safe (and indoors, or at least 2 meters away from others!) everyone!

PerditaPickle
    Participant

***Isolation***

How is everyone faring with the isolation?

For my part, I’ve not felt isolated at all, I’ve had huge amounts of contact using voice chat (colleagues 9am to 5pm Monday thru Friday; WhatsApp chats; phone with my folks; karaoke on TC Discord yesterday evening; and an all day tabletop RPG game also via Discord today (plus there’s my husband, of course)).

But I’m aware there are those who live alone and may therefore have much less contact with peoples.

If anyone is feeling isolated, feel free to reach out for some chat if you’d like – but just know that a PM via the main forum site is actually a better way to get my attention than the SIG (as I seem to have to keep logging in everytime I want to view the SIG, whereas I’m able to stay logged into the main forum site).

Keep keeping safe, everyone.

PerditaPickle
    Participant

(Correction re *Isolation* – should have read karaoke on Discord Saturday evenings. Not crucial, but the sort of thing which niggles at me, so had to correct it!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.