Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Which beers do you offer?  (Read 4163 times)

Merin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Which beers do you offer?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 12:27:38 pm »
Quote from: RobertTheBlind;183407
When it comes to giving my gods beer, usually I’m offering them something along the lines of Guinness, Innes and Gun, or KilKenny.

I offered Mannanan Mac Lir Guinness at my last rite and it seemed to go over really well.  I've also offered Arianrhod Dream Weaver which also seemed to go over well.  However, I usually stick with Jameson for my Deities.

Littlewolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »
Quote from: Sunshine;171843
So my question to you is: are there specific beers (or other beverages) you tend to offer? Does this match up with your personal drinking preferences? Religious traditions? UPG?

I'm a cider or ale drinker myself, and so my offerings have tended to come in the form of "a bottle of whatever's in the fridge." But as I'm looking into deeper practice, I would love to hear other people's processes!

Thank you so much, i was going to ask this myself but happily someone else thought to first.
I learned that in voodoo practice rum is drunk to connect to the spirits, it's used as an offering, and sometime offered by spitting it onto the shrine. Ever since then the use of alchohol in religion has fascinated me.
My celtic and norse gods love alchohol, if it's everyday I'll just give a cheaper beer or liquor like blue moon or angry orchard cider, and i generally give them alchohol from regions their associated with, or made from associations like Dagda and apples. On holidays or when I'm asking or thanking them for a favour i offer the higher quality stuff. An excellent drink is Celtic Honey, it's great for offerings both celtic and other religions, honey being very popular in any relgion and bees being sacred to many celtic religions, and i think especially good because it appeals to both gods and goddesses.
If anyone else knows of traditional uses of alchohol in religious practices i would love to hear about it because i have had no luck researching it myself. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 06:01:30 pm by Littlewolf »

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »
This is a silly and whimsical post preceding a Friday trip to the liquor store, but it also does have some spiritual substance, cross my heart!

The traditions I'm most familiar with seem to come from a place of consensus on offerings, and that place is "beer is good." But it's a wide and wonderful world out there, full of all kinds of beer (and harder liquor!) So my question to you is: are there specific beers (or other beverages) you tend to offer? Does this match up with your personal drinking preferences? Religious traditions? UPG?

I'm a cider or ale drinker myself, and so my offerings have tended to come in the form of "a bottle of whatever's in the fridge." But as I'm looking into deeper practice, I would love to hear other people's processes!

In my practice I offer Giunness,  Jameson'sor, if my friend Bridget is able to send me Earl's Traditional Mead. They are all Irish or Gaulish so They prefer wiskey or mead but Giunness  is definitely acceptable.  My personal preferences are Giunness or mead.

Phouka

Cabal

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Belgae Polytheism
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 12:07:59 am »
This is a silly and whimsical post preceding a Friday trip to the liquor store, but it also does have some spiritual substance, cross my heart!

The traditions I'm most familiar with seem to come from a place of consensus on offerings, and that place is "beer is good." But it's a wide and wonderful world out there, full of all kinds of beer (and harder liquor!) So my question to you is: are there specific beers (or other beverages) you tend to offer? Does this match up with your personal drinking preferences? Religious traditions? UPG?

I usually offer British ales, such as Belhaven Scottish ale, or Fuller London Pride!
"In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Tags: