Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Unverified, and *unverifiable* Personal Gnosis  (Read 5829 times)

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Unverified, and *unverifiable* Personal Gnosis
« on: July 12, 2019, 08:38:12 pm »
I had considered putting this in one of the social/fun forums, since it's basically a headcanons thread, but one with a bit more depth and meaning for some of us as pagans.   

Recently I felt a request for an offering of music from a band that certainly didn't exist or sound like anything that did exist in my patron's lifetime.  Worst case scenario, I'll have downloaded some good workout tunes that I would have overlooked( as having been adjacent to, but not actually a part of, my personal interests when I was in the regular music listening/clubbing stage of life) if not for feeling his weirdly excited vibes about it. 

But it just made me wonder what, if not too personal, you all have in the way of odd, distinctly modern offerings, if any.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Unverified, and *unverifiable* Personal Gnosis
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:56:44 pm »
But it just made me wonder what, if not too personal, you all have in the way of odd, distinctly modern offerings, if any.

Hi, Ashmire - I'm wondering if you particularly want to limit the thread to UPG regarding offerings (and similar), in which case I'll adjust the thread title to include that, or if you are up for other kinds of UPG. (Or even, possibly, some meta-discussion about 'unverified'/'unverifiable', of which both are generally considered to be included in the initialism.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 12:34:14 am »
Hi, Ashmire - I'm wondering if you particularly want to limit the thread to UPG regarding offerings (and similar), in which case I'll adjust the thread title to include that, or if you are up for other kinds of UPG. (Or even, possibly, some meta-discussion about 'unverified'/'unverifiable', of which both are generally considered to be included in the initialism.)

Sunflower

I guess I hadn't thought about it that much.  My mind was more towards making it a slightly light-hearted thread, and I guess I was mentally dividing types of UPG into offering requests (which are often humorous, IME) vs. deep unsettling insights behind the scenes of How the Universe Works (which are, well, unsettling).

But in fact that's not always the case even in my own practice, let alone for everyone, even if it seems to be a majority.   I guess what I meant is, I don't particularly want big manifestos on the whole nature of the Universe here, we have those elsewhere.  This is about the smaller things, which are, personally, what tend to keep me going spiritually most of the time.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 12:50:36 am »

Well, I've felt for several years that the personalities of my Godhead are all Star Trek fans, ranging from enthusiastic to obsessive...and that they're busy laying the groundwork for some day "making it real."

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 06:15:53 pm »
I had considered putting this in one of the social/fun forums, since it's basically a headcanons thread, but one with a bit more depth and meaning for some of us as pagans.   

Recently I felt a request for an offering of music from a band that certainly didn't exist or sound like anything that did exist in my patron's lifetime.  Worst case scenario, I'll have downloaded some good workout tunes that I would have overlooked( as having been adjacent to, but not actually a part of, my personal interests when I was in the regular music listening/clubbing stage of life) if not for feeling his weirdly excited vibes about it. 

My patron once directed me to make a small Twine game as a birthday gift for another dead rock star whom he had deeply admired in life but never gotten the chance to meet.

I later learned that this was part of his plan to seduce his old celebrity crush on the astral plane.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 06:49:53 pm »
I later learned that this was part of his plan to seduce his old celebrity crush on the astral plane.

... Do you know if it worked out?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 06:59:34 pm »