collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: How do you do your worship/rituals?  (Read 5176 times)

SkylarB

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://fromthephoenixflames.blogspot.com/
Re: How do you do your worship/rituals?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:36:08 pm »
Quote from: Valdi;19935
How do you do your daily worship or rituals? Of course, omit anything you don't wish others to know.

I have a daily morning ritual that I try to do every day, but it usually only happens 4 or 5 times a week. Since my hubby is not religious and my altar is in the middle of our house, I don't really have privacy and quiet to do it on the weekends.

1) I start by lighting a small incense stick or cone, and then the candles on the altar - including my Goddess and God candles.

2) I center myself .

3) I say a prayer to the Lady and Lord that helps me connect to them.  

4) Next, I raise my hands and chant "By the Sun's golden rays, be with me through this day." (at night I chant "By the Moon's silver light, be with me through this night.") I chant this for a couple minutes, feeling the energy of the sun engulfing me and empowering me.

5) I lower my arms down a bit, but still holding my palms facing up towards the sky, I say my daily devotional/blessing/prayer, "May the Goddess and God guide me today to honor myself and them in everything I do. May no harm come to me or anyone around me. Please help me to see the beauty in everyone and everything, and help me make the right choices to live in perfect love and perfect trust. May I be used as a vessel to carry the Universal Love to all those who need it. As above, so below. So mote it be."

6) I stand at my altar in silence and meditate for a couple minutes, or I ramble to the Lord and Lady about something on my mind. It's usually only a few minutes, because by this time my little one comes to help me snuff out the candles!

I have a night ritual too, but I never do it. I work at home so I'm usually up very late working and by the time I go to bed, oftentimes the wee hours of the morning, I can barely keep my eyes open let alone do a ritual. So I will usually chant or say a prayer as I'm laying it bed drifting off to sleep.
Blessed be,
SkylarB  
My Wiccan Blog - From The Phoenix Flames

Robertus_

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:36 am »
Quote from: Valdi;19935
How do you do your daily worship or rituals?

I try to wake up a few hours before I have to start my day. I'll bathe and then do a good Yoga session.

After that I'll light some incense and perform Kriya Yoga. During and after this I commune with the God and Goddess and do my best to feel their presence continuously through the day.

I rarely do any formal Ritual. The only time I cast a circle and such is when I need to de-compress or if I'm with my Coven.

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 10:16:17 am »
Quote from: SkylarB;33277
I have a daily morning ritual that I try to do every day, but it usually only happens 4 or 5 times a week. Since my hubby is not religious and my altar is in the middle of our house, I don't really have privacy and quiet to do it on the weekends.

1) I start by lighting a small incense stick or cone, and then the candles on the altar - including my Goddess and God candles.

2) I center myself .

3) I say a prayer to the Lady and Lord that helps me connect to them.  

4) Next, I raise my hands and chant "By the Sun's golden rays, be with me through this day." (at night I chant "By the Moon's silver light, be with me through this night.") I chant this for a couple minutes, feeling the energy of the sun engulfing me and empowering me.

5) I lower my arms down a bit, but still holding my palms facing up towards the sky, I say my daily devotional/blessing/prayer, "May the Goddess and God guide me today to honor myself and them in everything I do. May no harm come to me or anyone around me. Please help me to see the beauty in everyone and everything, and help me make the right choices to live in perfect love and perfect trust. May I be used as a vessel to carry the Universal Love to all those who need it. As above, so below. So mote it be."

6) I stand at my altar in silence and meditate for a couple minutes, or I ramble to the Lord and Lady about something on my mind. It's usually only a few minutes, because by this time my little one comes to help me snuff out the candles!

I have a night ritual too, but I never do it. I work at home so I'm usually up very late working and by the time I go to bed, oftentimes the wee hours of the morning, I can barely keep my eyes open let alone do a ritual. So I will usually chant or say a prayer as I'm laying it bed drifting off to sleep.

That is the kind of thing I want. I'm a creature of habit, with a buried urge for structure and order. I really need to sit down and make someting. Rigt now all I do is basically just talk to Them throughout the day, and if I feel I need to make a petition, or really be heard and acknowledged, I light a candle before I talk to Them.

Maps

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 11:43:46 am »
Quote from: Juniperberry;20439
I don't have a daily routine, but I do try to do something once a week. Sometimes I'll make a cup of coffee for the housewight or I'll make a plate for an ancestor. If I get up with the sunrise I'll hail Tyr. Thunderstorms I hail Thor. Those last two aren't really practice, but more of a way to give a nod of worth-ship to the gods and wights, something that I'm easily able to do once a day in various ways.

This sounds more my speed for the long haul. I do love me some holidays, though, so I plan on getting back into the groove for those and group events. (I miss the camaraderie.) Ritual is something that I'm still experimenting with, and that'll probably be a long process. I really don't have much to petition, so right now I'm sticking to a heavily modified LBRP/GRP that I do daily with meditation and yoga just for my own personal well-being, especially after sitting at the computer all day. I do candles and incense (mostly I just like them), though I've also been getting the pull to set aside things like cookies as offerings to... something. Who? Don't know, might not even be anyone, but I'm alright with that for now.

Tags: