collapse
2017 Donation Drive -- Please Help Keep TC Online

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise just over $850 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 September: Only $296 more (after Paypal fees) needed to reach our goal! Please donate if you can.


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: First Quarter Moon Rituals  (Read 3168 times)

Tamina

First Quarter Moon Rituals
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »
So... I woke this morning with the knowledge that I had to so something tonight.

After messing around for a while, I checked the moon phase to realize that it's the First Quarter tonight. I'm pretty sure that this push is coming from Hecate, she's been poking me a lot lately.

But I can't really find anything for the first quarter, and a lot of the info I'm finding is pretty much contradicting. It's frustrating.

Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)

SatSekhem

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 995
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;32708
Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)

 
About Dot Com has everything on it. This place has helped me cobble together quite a few rituals, thank you very much.

As far as thoughts... Uh... I had the same thoughts too but haven't a clue as to what I'm going to do yet? :ashamed: I know I'm not much help, but maybe, at least, the website will give you an idea or two.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Rowanfox

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 65
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;32708
So... I woke this morning with the knowledge that I had to so something tonight.

After messing around for a while, I checked the moon phase to realize that it's the First Quarter tonight. I'm pretty sure that this push is coming from Hecate, she's been poking me a lot lately.

But I can't really find anything for the first quarter, and a lot of the info I'm finding is pretty much contradicting. It's frustrating.

Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)

 
Before I was a Gard I was a garden variety hedge witch. For me the phases of the moon were like the swinging of a pendulum, so that the full and new moons represented to me the time of stillness magically, rather than movement. And the quarter moons, both waxing and waning, were the times of the most "movement " or power, as if at the bottom of the pendulum swing.

This is not unlike the tides, where the high or low tide is a kind of still time, but the halfway points a much more about movement and power.

For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

YMMV, but it is something to ponder.

SatSekhem

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 995
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:42 pm »
Quote from: Rowanfox;32738
...

For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

YMMV, but it is something to ponder.

 
Thanks for this. It really connected with my brain. I appreciate it!
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Tamina

Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:55:28 pm »
Quote from: Rowanfox;32738
Before I was a Gard I was a garden variety hedge witch. For me the phases of the moon were like the swinging of a pendulum, so that the full and new moons represented to me the time of stillness magically, rather than movement. And the quarter moons, both waxing and waning, were the times of the most "movement " or power, as if at the bottom of the pendulum swing.

This is not unlike the tides, where the high or low tide is a kind of still time, but the halfway points a much more about movement and power.

For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

YMMV, but it is something to ponder.

 
That is definately something that I'll think about. Thanks!

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
11 Replies
2612 Views
Last post October 27, 2011, 02:21:05 pm
by Tamina
19 Replies
2217 Views
Last post April 15, 2012, 09:06:16 pm
by bluewave193
15 Replies
2852 Views
Last post July 17, 2013, 01:02:18 am
by EclecticWheel
2 Replies
1088 Views
Last post January 25, 2016, 11:46:50 am
by SunflowerP
7 Replies
1545 Views
Last post September 19, 2016, 07:56:32 pm
by Marie

* Members in Chat

0 members chatting in CauldronMUX:
Updated every five minutes or so

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru, Tana

CauldronMUX Chat Staff
Chief MUX Wizard:
Darkhawk

Reserve Staff:
Aisling, Bob, Catja, Fausta, Sperran, Steve

Cauldron Council:
Everfool, Jubes, Kelly, Koi, Melamphoros, Ocelot, Phouka, Sashapablo, Star

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall