Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Best timing for a purification ritual?  (Read 2186 times)

Luaera

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://bloggen.fi/bookofmirrors/
Best timing for a purification ritual?
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:20 am »
I have been thinking about doing a simple purification ritual (correct the term if it's wrong), but I'm unsure if I should do it when it's full moon or new moon... Which would you recommend?
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world"  - Harriet Tubman

earth_dragon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Best timing for a purification ritual?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »
Quote from: Luaera;48512
I have been thinking about doing a simple purification ritual (correct the term if it's wrong), but I'm unsure if I should do it when it's full moon or new moon... Which would you recommend?

A lot of that is going to depend on how you word it, what you do to prepare for it, and what tools you work with. Some things work better after being charged under a full moon. While other things might go better, particularly cleansing rituals/spells, if you start out under a new moon.

You said this is for purification, which means cleansing and newness. So I'm thinking maybe a new moon. But I would definitely do some research into how you want to word it and the herbs/oils/tools you're going to use and how they work best. Hope all goes well for you!  :)

ccam

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:51:05 pm »

I usually don't worry too much about when to do it, I just do it when I feel I need to.  Not everything has to be done according to astrological timing.  Your intuition can be much more useful in telling you when or when not to do it.  If you want to use astrological timing, I, personally, would do it either during the waxing or waning moon phase.  If I were doing it on the waxing phase I would just word my ritual to BRING purity.  If i was doing it during the waning moon I would word it to say BANISH negativity and spiritual dirtiness.  Word play is immensely helpful in constructing rituals.

Wickerman

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 01:10:02 am »
Quote from: earth_dragon;49411
A lot of that is going to depend on how you word it, what you do to prepare for it, and what tools you work with. Some things work better after being charged under a full moon. While other things might go better, particularly cleansing rituals/spells, if you start out under a new moon.

You said this is for purification, which means cleansing and newness. So I'm thinking maybe a new moon. But I would definitely do some research into how you want to word it and the herbs/oils/tools you're going to use and how they work best. Hope all goes well for you!  :)

I agree, a new moon is traditionally accepted, but wording can be a big part too. Typically back when I worked more, my full moon ritual was to charge certain general purpose components and to charge tools. Charging is far easier on a full moon.
"Don\'t take life too seriously, or you\'ll never get out of it alive." (Bugs Bunny)

Michael

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 04:24:13 am »

This might well vary from person to person,so please correct me if I am incorrect;but in my experience rituals for cleansing,leaving behind that which is a burden or not needed and the like are best done under the NEW moon. As I said that just happens to be MY experience but overall when it comes to cleansing rituals the urgency of the need for said ritual usually influences the outcome,not phase of the moon. Waiting for the new moon to unburden yourself is ideal,but if the need is dire enough that you feel like you should do it NOW,then listen to that.

On the other hand,rituals/spells/spirit work of any kind for empowerment, fortitude,major healing and the like tend to be wildly more successful for me performed under the FULL moon. And those dealing with serious divination,speaking to those who have passed on or spirits of nature,and the giving of energy to someone else during the DARK moon. Again personal experience, YMMV and I'm off-topic now sooo I hope this was helpful and thanks for reading this post.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
Which would you recommend?

Wash things when they're dirty. ;)
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Tags: