collapse
2017 Donation Drive -- Please Help Keep TC Online

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise just over $850 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 September: Only $296 more (after Paypal fees) needed to reach our goal! Please donate if you can.


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Basic rituals  (Read 1894 times)

Zoclora

Basic rituals
« on: July 13, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »
Hi! Im Zoclora and I just today joined this forum site. Iv been practicing different religions and paths for years now I would say every sense I was in 8th grade and I came to know where my main path is.
I practice, in a way Kemetic Wicca also some Buddhism mixed with spirituality (mainly modern things, that is if you can call it that.) So this thread I basically am starting to gather some information on some basic ritual ideas that I could possibly do with the Egyptian dainties. I have been so busy with my life for the past weeks that I have lost my touch and footing on my spiritual life. So some suggestions that I could possibly use or info would be amazing!

Jack

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Location: Cascadia
  • Posts: 3058
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Jack of Many Trades
  • Religion: Fictional Reconstructionist, Baltic Heathen, Loki-Adjacent, Virtual Adept
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:49:30 pm »
Quote from: Zoclora;152863
Hi! Im Zoclora and I just today joined this forum site. Iv been practicing different religions and paths for years now I would say every sense I was in 8th grade and I came to know where my main path is.
I practice, in a way Kemetic Wicca also some Buddhism mixed with spirituality (mainly modern things, that is if you can call it that.) So this thread I basically am starting to gather some information on some basic ritual ideas that I could possibly do with the Egyptian dainties. I have been so busy with my life for the past weeks that I have lost my touch and footing on my spiritual life. So some suggestions that I could possibly use or info would be amazing!

 
So people can make better suggestions, can you talk a bit about what kind of rituals you'v done before? If you've been practicing for many years I'd imagine you've tried a number of things, and some have worked better than others.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"Jack, you are gravely disordered." - Castus
"[Jack], you are embracing a lie which will ultimately prove destructive to you and those around you and for which there will be consequences." - ehbowen

Zoclora

Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 01:24:43 am »
Quote from: Jack;152879
So people can make better suggestions, can you talk a bit about what kind of rituals you'v done before? If you've been practicing for many years I'd imagine you've tried a number of things, and some have worked better than others.

 
Sure! Iv done mostly ones that Iv made up with help of either them or a suggestion from online. Iv tried things from basic wiccan ritual where you name the points and elements and invoke a god or goddess. Really its been so long scents I have done one I have for gotten a lot of the ones Iv done. I just don't know which one is good for the Egyptian gods. I have read some on them but seems not to be in my knowing or interest such as reading a whole book of songs out loud or use musical instruments. (Im quite when it comes to these things. I don't like a lot of noise.) I may have been worshiping them and be involved with them for years but when it comes to rituals I only done a hand full. :o

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 389
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 05:08:24 am »
Quote from: Zoclora;152863
Hi! Im Zoclora and I just today joined this forum site. Iv been practicing different religions and paths for years now I would say every sense I was in 8th grade and I came to know where my main path is.
I practice, in a way Kemetic Wicca also some Buddhism mixed with spirituality (mainly modern things, that is if you can call it that.) So this thread I basically am starting to gather some information on some basic ritual ideas that I could possibly do with the Egyptian dainties. I have been so busy with my life for the past weeks that I have lost my touch and footing on my spiritual life. So some suggestions that I could possibly use or info would be amazing!


So are you looking for Wiccan style Kemetic rituals, or just any rituals that might work for Kemetic gods? Because I've got a couple that might be good for Kemetic gods that are based on traditional Kemetic ritual structures, but I don't know if you want something that's not Wiccan?
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Zoclora

Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:09:39 am »
Quote from: cymrudraco;152890
So are you looking for Wiccan style Kemetic rituals, or just any rituals that might work for Kemetic gods? Because I've got a couple that might be good for Kemetic gods that are based on traditional Kemetic ritual structures, but I don't know if you want something that's not Wiccan?

 
That would be just amazing if you could give me some thats more of the traditional Kemetic side. :D:

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 389
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:14:11 pm »
Quote from: Zoclora;152896
That would be just amazing if you could give me some thats more of the traditional Kemetic side. :D:

Well, alright, that makes things easy, then! I've got a few simple rites that might get you started. Feel free to customise them if you work with particular gods, or want to use it to make your own rituals in this sort of style.

To start with, I've got a fairly formal generic shortform Kemetic rite, which you might want to play around with. I use it for formal rituals, like for festivals and other major occasions. I have also have a longer version of this rite, but if you're not that experienced with Kemetic ritual, I'd probably stick with the simpler rituals first before tackling the longer rituals. Get familiar with the basic components of the ritual first before tackling something more akin to a proper formal Temple ritual.

I also have a simple outline for a daily devotional rite you might want to play around with, if you want something simpler. It's based on the shortform rite, but cut down quite a lot. It still has all the basic steps in there, but it's more tailored for daily use.

The daily devotional rites I currently use (here and here) are forked off that, and are even simpler, because my requirements for a daily rite are that it has to be able to be done, from memory, when I'm half awake and in my pjs. If you want to play around with those rituals, too, by all means. It's fine by me. Mine are particular to my gods, but feel free to change them around to suit any gods you feel drawn to, or work with already. But if you're looking for something more structured, and a little more formal, the two rituals linked above might be worth exploring. That should at least get you started.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:16:34 pm by Sobekemiti »
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Zoclora

Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 02:56:53 pm »
Quote from: cymrudraco;152903
Well, alright, that makes things easy, then! I've got a few simple rites that might get you started. Feel free to customise them if you work with particular gods, or want to use it to make your own rituals in this sort of style.

To start with, I've got a fairly formal generic shortform Kemetic rite, which you might want to play around with. I use it for formal rituals, like for festivals and other major occasions. I have also have a longer version of this rite, but if you're not that experienced with Kemetic ritual, I'd probably stick with the simpler rituals first before tackling the longer rituals. Get familiar with the basic components of the ritual first before tackling something more akin to a proper formal Temple ritual.

I also have a simple outline for a daily devotional rite you might want to play around with, if you want something simpler. It's based on the shortform rite, but cut down quite a lot. It still has all the basic steps in there, but it's more tailored for daily use.

The daily devotional rites I currently use (here and here) are forked off that, and are even simpler, because my requirements for a daily rite are that it has to be able to be done, from memory, when I'm half awake and in my pjs. If you want to play around with those rituals, too, by all means. It's fine by me. Mine are particular to my gods, but feel free to change them around to suit any gods you feel drawn to, or work with already. But if you're looking for something more structured, and a little more formal, the two rituals linked above might be worth exploring. That should at least get you started.

 
OH thank you! Iv been trying to look for some to start off with and a lot of them kept wanting me to buy this or that or say they can't because it was copy writer. I really do want to use more and more proper formal rituals in my practice not just some throne together mixed up Wiccan ritual that feels so out of place or the energy isn't flowing right.:whis:

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 389
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »
Quote from: Zoclora;152913
OH thank you! Iv been trying to look for some to start off with and a lot of them kept wanting me to buy this or that or say they can't because it was copy writer. I really do want to use more and more proper formal rituals in my practice not just some throne together mixed up Wiccan ritual that feels so out of place or the energy isn't flowing right.:whis:


Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't think the beginner resources for new Kemetics are very good, but there are people trying to change that. The Kemetic Round Table might be something else you want to check out, just for further information about Kemetic practice.
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Zoclora

Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »
Quote from: cymrudraco;152940
Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't think the beginner resources for new Kemetics are very good, but there are people trying to change that. The Kemetic Round Table might be something else you want to check out, just for further information about Kemetic practice.

 
Oh thank you! Sorry I have not said any thing for awhile! But thank you for your help!:D:

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 389
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 07:53:16 am »
Quote from: Zoclora;153655
Oh thank you! Sorry I have not said any thing for awhile! But thank you for your help!:D:


Not a problem, I hope it's helped you find something that works for you. :)
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Hipporadish

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2014
  • Posts: 29
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 03:28:46 pm »
Quote from: cymrudraco;152903
Well, alright, that makes things easy, then! I've got a few simple rites that might get you started. Feel free to customise them if you work with particular gods, or want to use it to make your own rituals in this sort of style.

To start with, I've got a fairly formal generic shortform Kemetic rite, which you might want to play around with. I use it for formal rituals, like for festivals and other major occasions. I have also have a longer version of this rite, but if you're not that experienced with Kemetic ritual, I'd probably stick with the simpler rituals first before tackling the longer rituals. Get familiar with the basic components of the ritual first before tackling something more akin to a proper formal Temple ritual.

I also have a simple outline for a daily devotional rite you might want to play around with, if you want something simpler. It's based on the shortform rite, but cut down quite a lot. It still has all the basic steps in there, but it's more tailored for daily use.

The daily devotional rites I currently use (here and here) are forked off that, and are even simpler, because my requirements for a daily rite are that it has to be able to be done, from memory, when I'm half awake and in my pjs. If you want to play around with those rituals, too, by all means. It's fine by me. Mine are particular to my gods, but feel free to change them around to suit any gods you feel drawn to, or work with already. But if you're looking for something more structured, and a little more formal, the two rituals linked above might be worth exploring. That should at least get you started.

 This is immensely helpful I have bookmarked the rituals so I can see if these feel right for me. Thank you

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 389
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Basic rituals
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 08:35:20 pm »
Quote from: Hipporadish;153711
This is immensely helpful I have bookmarked the rituals so I can see if these feel right for me. Thank you


Glad I could be of help. I hope you find them useful, or at least, offer you some inspiration to make your own rituals that work for you.
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
6845 Views
Last post January 09, 2012, 03:48:10 pm
by GaiaDianne
4 Replies
4088 Views
Last post December 21, 2012, 12:26:01 pm
by Catherine
6 Replies
958 Views
Last post September 27, 2013, 11:36:13 am
by Ravyn
1 Replies
477 Views
Last post August 25, 2015, 06:16:27 pm
by Jenett
9 Replies
1312 Views
Last post March 04, 2017, 03:37:46 pm
by Chatelaine

* Members in Chat

0 members chatting in CauldronMUX:
Updated every five minutes or so

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru, Tana

CauldronMUX Chat Staff
Chief MUX Wizard:
Darkhawk

Reserve Staff:
Aisling, Bob, Catja, Fausta, Sperran, Steve

Cauldron Council:
Everfool, Jubes, Kelly, Koi, Melamphoros, Ocelot, Phouka, Sashapablo, Star

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall