Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Three Wishes Guardian Angel Help  (Read 1918 times)

Sheena24

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Three Wishes Guardian Angel Help
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:48 pm »
Put three candles in the highest place you have at home, inside a plate with sugar all around the candles. Light the candles. Ask for three wishes to your guardian angels, ST RAFAEL, ST MICHAEL, and ST GABRIEL.

Ask one wish for business, one wish for love and one impossible wish.

Publish this spell on the third day (after you requested the wishes) and see what happens on the fourth day…

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Three Wishes Guardian Angel Help
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »
Quote from: Sheena24;25142
Publish this spell on the third day (after you requested the wishes) and see what happens on the fourth day…

Welcome to The Cauldron. I've never had someone publish one of these on the board before. To be honest, I've never understood the point of publishing them at all, but I can remember times in San Antonio when 5 or 10 spells like this one would be published in the newspaper's classified ads.

I'm curious, do you (or any other member) know the "theory" behind the publish requirement?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:00:10 am »
Quote from: RandallS;25144

I'm curious, do you (or any other member) know the "theory" behind the publish requirement?

Maybe it's the idea that anyone who sees it adds their energy to it, whether they intend to or not?  I've heard of that with certain kinds of sigil magic - people will use the end design as their avatar, or randomly scrawl it on walls or napkins, in order to let it be seen by and draw power from as many people as possible.  With the sigils it is important that the people seeing it don't understand it (and even that the caster does their best to forget the exact meaning).  With publishing these other kinds of spells it is possible that it *is* important that the observers understand.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:23 am »
Quote from: Sheena24;25142
Put three candles in the highest place you have at home, inside a plate with sugar all around the candles. Light the candles. Ask for three wishes to your guardian angels, ST RAFAEL, ST MICHAEL, and ST GABRIEL.

Ask one wish for business, one wish for love and one impossible wish.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding that of the angels, only Michael was a Saint as well as an angel?  Also, those 4 are archangels not guardian angels - of which there are supposedly one for each person.  Granted, it has been awhile since I was into Christian metaphysics.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 06:37:19 am »
Quote from: RandallS;25144

I've heard a couple of theories behind it:

1) If you publish it, people around you may figure out that you need help (depending on how identifying what you say is, but in smaller communities, even very general comments - mentioning a loss, or a need to move or whatever - might be enough to identify you), and could give you extra practical support.

and

2) If you're willing to publish it, it must be something that you want very much, and publication is a way to say that. (Especially since a lot of these 'do and publish' were very common in immigrant communities where even the small amount of money to publish a few lines as a classified was a very non-trivial expense.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Tags: