Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Spells and such for major spring cleaning...or something.  (Read 1763 times)

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Spells and such for major spring cleaning...or something.
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:41:12 pm »
I have been tryin to get my house in show order. That means cleaned spotless with the least amount of personal things in it. But I have been sick, the kids have been sick, my husband and I are off and on, and then the weird activity surrounding me (which makes for rough sleeping and waking late), and I have no energy. No motivation. But I'm trying to sell and move. I feel like I'm in quicksand all the time. Any ideas in how to boost my energy and clean my house ASAP and etc? I'm going crazy.

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Re: Spells and such for major spring cleaning...or something.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;145319
Any ideas in how to boost my energy and clean my house ASAP and etc? I'm going crazy.

One person can only do so much. I don't think spells are going to replace sorting out all the stuff that's going on right now with you. Maybe this is not the best time to worry about cleaning up to sell the house.

Motivation spells can provide a psychological boost, but they certainly necessarily going to counteract a lot of mundane crud going on, in my experience. Taking some time for a cleansing bath and a little "you" time to recenter yourself could help, especially if you use items you consider de-stressing and cleansing. A favorite bubble bath or scent, bath salts, etc.

If you can afford it, maybe hire a maid service to help you get the house clean? Perhaps your realtor can suggest a service? If not, call up some friends and relatives to help you with the work, so you aren't stuck trying to do it all yourself. Have the kids do their rooms.

Ultimately, I find that when I'm too stressed because I've got too much going on, I need to find mundane ways to take some of the mundane load off, before I can even begin to look for ways to recharge my metaphysical batteries.

Karen

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:37 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;145319
I have been tryin to get my house in show order. That means cleaned spotless with the least amount of personal things in it. But I have been sick, the kids have been sick, my husband and I are off and on, and then the weird activity surrounding me (which makes for rough sleeping and waking late), and I have no energy. No motivation. But I'm trying to sell and move. I feel like I'm in quicksand all the time. Any ideas in how to boost my energy and clean my house ASAP and etc? I'm going crazy.

I dunno about spells, but have you tried breaking down your cleaning time into small chunks? I can't remember who it was now (curse my brain) but someone here on the Cauldron turned me on to Unfuck Your Habitat which has great tips for doing just that.

Other than that, I'd focus on trying to get more rest which will in turn boost your energy. To that end you could try meditation in the evening, dream pillows, hot baths like Karen suggested... things to unwind.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;145775
I dunno about spells, but have you tried breaking down your cleaning time into small chunks? I can't remember who it was now (curse my brain) but someone here on the Cauldron turned me on to Unfuck Your Habitat which has great tips for doing just that.

Other than that, I'd focus on trying to get more rest which will in turn boost your energy. To that end you could try meditation in the evening, dream pillows, hot baths like Karen suggested... things to unwind.

Thanks to you both!

Tags: