collapse

Author Topic: Questions about crystals  (Read 1503 times)

Cloak

Questions about crystals
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »
Is anyone here experienced in feeling crystal energy? I met this lady who is able to read crystals by holding them on her non-dominant hand. I've tried this many times without luck; I'm starting to become skeptic. She claims anyone can do it, other people say I just don't have it in me. I've been collecting, and meditating with stones for a few years now, so there's no lack to spirituality coming from my part.

Also, has anyone worked with labradorite, and amethyst at the same time? Do you think they complement each other?

Merci!

MarieBay

Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:55:42 pm »
Quote from: Cloak;26687
Is anyone here experienced in feeling crystal energy? I met this lady who is able to read crystals by holding them on her non-dominant hand. I've tried this many times without luck; I'm starting to become skeptic. She claims anyone can do it, other people say I just don't have it in me. I've been collecting, and meditating with stones for a few years now, so there's no lack to spirituality coming from my part.

Also, has anyone worked with labradorite, and amethyst at the same time? Do you think they complement each other?

Merci!

 
Yep! I worked in a pagan shop that specialized in crystals for over 3 years if you need qualifications ;)

First, could you explain what you mean by "reading" crystal energy? Reading as in "there's info in this crystal and I'm going to read it like a book", or simply sensing and working with the energy inherent in the crystal? Personally, I've used crystals to augment personal or environmental energy and the efficacy of magickal tools or spells, and as an anchor or focal point during meditation among other things. I've always had a thing for rocks, never tried to drag a story out of them though.

If you enjoy collecting and meditating with stones, by all means continue to do so. Rocks are awesome! You can't really go wrong with keeping them around.  

What are you trying to accomplish with Amethyst and Labradorite? That combo would be great for dream work, but there's definitely more you can do with them.

Cloak

Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »
Quote from: MarieBay;26696
Yep! I worked in a pagan shop that specialized in crystals for over 3 years if you need qualifications ;)

First, could you explain what you mean by "reading" crystal energy? Reading as in "there's info in this crystal and I'm going to read it like a book", or simply sensing and working with the energy inherent in the crystal? Personally, I've used crystals to augment personal or environmental energy and the efficacy of magickal tools or spells, and as an anchor or focal point during meditation among other things. I've always had a thing for rocks, never tried to drag a story out of them though.

If you enjoy collecting and meditating with stones, by all means continue to do so. Rocks are awesome! You can't really go wrong with keeping them around.  

What are you trying to accomplish with Amethyst and Labradorite? That combo would be great for dream work, but there's definitely more you can do with them.

 
Yes. Feeling the energy within the crystal. By just feeling the stone, the lady I met is able to know if it's good for protection, or grounding, or love, etc. I understand that's probably really advanced, but the things is, I don't feel anything. How is it supposed to feel? Is it more of  mental thing? Some people say it's like faint electricity.
The lady I met claims she even almost fainted once. I mean, I don't know if I should believe her, but she seems to be respected by the local community so I don't know.
I've worked with crystals for spell work and meditation, so I'm no stranger to their properties and practice. But this whole "feeling" has just never happened to me.

Livia Indica

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 61
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:51:42 pm »
Quote from: Cloak;26687
Is anyone here experienced in feeling crystal energy? I met this lady who is able to read crystals by holding them on her non-dominant hand. I've tried this many times without luck; I'm starting to become skeptic. She claims anyone can do it, other people say I just don't have it in me. I've been collecting, and meditating with stones for a few years now, so there's no lack to spirituality coming from my part.

Also, has anyone worked with labradorite, and amethyst at the same time? Do you think they complement each other?

Merci!


There are plenty of folks out there who can say they can feel some kind of energy from stones, crystals and minerals. This particular woman is not alone. I don't feel it myself either.

Dark Midnight

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 814
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:59:21 am »
Quote from: Cloak;26714
Yes. Feeling the energy within the crystal. By just feeling the stone, the lady I met is able to know if it's good for protection, or grounding, or love, etc. I understand that's probably really advanced, but the things is, I don't feel anything. How is it supposed to feel? Is it more of  mental thing? Some people say it's like faint electricity.
The lady I met claims she even almost fainted once. I mean, I don't know if I should believe her, but she seems to be respected by the local community so I don't know.
I've worked with crystals for spell work and meditation, so I'm no stranger to their properties and practice. But this whole "feeling" has just never happened to me.

 
It's what I do. I work with the energy of crystals for everything. But the feeling is very hard to describe. It seems to feel different to everyone. It's like a temperature and texture thing for me.

The general properties of crystals are described in many books i.e. The Crystal Bible, which are always a good thing to know, but some people (me included) can use some crystals for any purpose that they like. But then again, I've been doing crystal work for 20 years.

Don't be too worried if you can't feel anything. A lot of people don't. It doesn't mean that you can't work with them and find out what crystals work best with you that way.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Aster Breo

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2810
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »
Quote from: Cloak;26687
Is anyone here experienced in feeling crystal energy?

 
For me, there are two ways to sense the "energy" of a specific stone.  One is to try to feel it pulsing.  

Try this:  Find a stone you like -- doesn't matter what kind of stone it is and hold it tightly in your hand.  Concentrate on it and see if you can feel a (sometimes faint) pulsing.  The first time I felt it, I assumed it was just my own pulse -- that I was holding the rock tightly enough to be able to also feel my own pulse in my fingers and palm.  So I used the pointer and middle finger of my other hand to find the pulse in my wrist (the wrist connected to the hand holding the rock).  When I found it, and could feel both pulses at the same time, I realized they were different pulses.  The slower one was coming from the rock.

There are some kinds of stones that also sometimes give me a sort of "zingy" or "buzzy" feeling in my hand.  That's usually stones that tend to be energizing to me, like citrine an bytownite.  And one kind of stone in particular (malachite) that makes my hand feel slimy when I touch it.  My older daughter feels stones very much like I do.  My younger daughter, who is the farthest person from "spiritual" I've ever met, has always felt rocks really strongly.  She assumed everyone felt them that way until she was about 15 and happened to mention something to me.  

The other way I sense energy from stones is just a mental/emotional thing.  It's just a feeling I get from specific stones.  Definitely not all of them.  I generally learn more about stones by looking at them.  ;)  I love stones with a lot of internal inclusions.

One really important thing to keep in mind about working with stones is that, despite what the books and websites say, different people react differently to different stones.  On top of that, specific specimens of a kind of stone (like different pieces of amethyst, f'ex) can feel different to different people.

This point -- especially that different people react differently -- is why you'll find that different stone books say different things.  There are some basics that the books generally agree on (like amethyst is good for healing and black tourmaline is good for grounding and shielding), but there are lots of things they disagree on.  If you work with rocks for long enough and pay attention to what works FOR YOU, you might find a book whose author is similar enough to you that his/her advise will usually work for you.

About amethyst and labradorite:  those are two of my faves, so I often carry and/or wear both of them just because I love both stones.  I find them both to be very soothing.  I have a gorgeous blue-flash lab pendant on my current set of prayer beads. So beautiful!

Are you looking for a particular effect from the combination?
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Cloak

Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;26804

Are you looking for a particular effect from the combination?


I read that labradorite is the called the shaman's stone, helping with synchronicity and manifestation. I thought it would balance well with amethyst, which works on the mental/spiritual level. A good convo for spellwork.

ccardinot

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 69
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about crystals
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 01:33:11 pm »
Quote from: Cloak;26839
I read that labradorite is the called the shaman's stone, helping with synchronicity and manifestation. I thought it would balance well with amethyst, which works on the mental/spiritual level. A good convo for spellwork.

 
Once I met a witch who was of the most experienced kind. He told me one thing I keep in my heart since I was a teen: 'If you don't know something by heart, fear not, learn and know it from the top of your head'. He meant that you probably can't feel the energy inside that certain stone, it's alright, many people can't, but, Nature's so perfect that gives us visual hints of it's qualities, so, learn them!

I know that black is one of the preferred colours for banishing things, to disguise, and to conceal so, I know that a black stone is quite probably protective, and a powerful augmentative of skills. I don't even need to know the name of such a rock to do this kind of association. From time immemorial that purple is associated with higher realms, royalty, psychic abilities and priesthood, so, when I see a purple - ish stone, I can rest assured it has some fine qualities to bring to my magical life and workings.

Hope it helped,

Cheers!

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
21 Replies
2970 Views
Last post July 27, 2012, 11:38:19 am
by ashleyzelda
2 Replies
1023 Views
Last post June 21, 2012, 04:32:12 am
by Vale
3 Replies
825 Views
Last post September 20, 2012, 10:09:38 am
by Rainfall
7 Replies
1377 Views
Last post January 06, 2014, 11:22:13 am
by Stella
7 Replies
344 Views
Last post April 06, 2019, 06:43:56 am
by PerditaPickle

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall