Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Protection from a nighttime "watcher"?  (Read 7858 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Protection from a nighttime "watcher"?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 08:08:19 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;74739
I've done 3 cleansings now, and we've put up some protection talismans, including some Brighid's crosses.  Moxie has only felt the watcher a couple of times lately, and it evidently is respecting the boundaries we put up with the talismans, so it keeps its distance.  It also takes off whenever I'm around. Daughter2 hasn't felt or seen it at all lately.

Sounds like positive progress.

I don't think the watcher is any type of fairy, and I'm almost positive it isn't a ghost.  I think it's some kind of energy manifestation, and I think it's attracted specifically to Moxie.

Perhaps try a talisman Moxie could wear or carry with her?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Protection from a nighttime "watcher"?
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;74742

Perhaps try a talisman Moxie could wear or carry with her?

Our thoughts exactly.

She's currently wearing an iron amulet, as well as an obsidian pendant.  And all 4 of us wear Brighid's crosses all the time, as well as obsidian and/or black tourmaline.

I think Moxie's amulet gives her a sort of bubble of protection or "safe zone".  But it doesn't seen to actually drive the watcher away.  So far, the only thing (that she has observed) able to actually make it go away is me.  Then, my cleansings keep it away, at least for a time.

My theory about that is simple.  When I talk to it, I tell it very clearly and forcefully that I will not allow it to bother or hurt my children.  I have the most forceful personality in the house, and I think it can feel that and respond to it.  (I don't mean that as a brag.  Having a forceful personality can be just as much curse as blessing.)  I don't know if it's afraid of me or simply respecting the boundaries I'm giving it.  Either is fine, as long as it leaves Moxie and Daughter2 alone.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;74757

My theory about that is simple.  When I talk to it, I tell it very clearly and forcefully that I will not allow it to bother or hurt my children.  I have the most forceful personality in the house, and I think it can feel that and respond to it.  (I don't mean that as a brag.  Having a forceful personality can be just as much curse as blessing.)  I don't know if it's afraid of me or simply respecting the boundaries I'm giving it.  Either is fine, as long as it leaves Moxie and Daughter2 alone.

I am glad to read that there's been progress and that it respects your voice and what you say to it.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;74757
 I don't know if it's afraid of me or simply respecting the boundaries I'm giving it.  Either is fine, as long as it leaves Moxie and Daughter2 alone.

That's the best way to think about it. Sometimes why/how don't matter that much.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2012, 12:03:10 am »
Quote from: Catherine;73135
I'm sorry Laveth, but I just have to say this. The way you describe them, it sounds like the fairies that you deal with are very different from the one I deal with. Many of the things you suggest, like play areas/ play dates etc. seems like you see them as children. Maybe the ones you know are very childlike. Some of them probably are.

However, I know that if I did any of the things you recommend, I would have one pissed off fairy on my hands. She would definitely find these things to be disrespectful because she presents herself as a full grown adult, with some serious power at her disposal if she chooses to use it.

She really only wastes time on petty little pranks when she's trying to tell me that she doesn't like someone or something. It's one of her ways to give me a heads up. Like, "I'm messing with this person because there's something wrong and they're making me angry. Pay attention before it really gets ugly!"

I'm not saying you're doing it wrong. I'm just saying that I'd recommend people find out what kind of fairy they're dealing with and not just assume they're all mischievous, childlike, pranksters. Some of them are very serious most of the time, and can be kind of dangerous.

I don't think this has anything to with what's going on in Aster and Moxie's home. Just my .02 about fairies in general, based on my experience with one of them.

Somehow I missed when this was posted. I'll try to address this in a way that doesn't cross any of my own lines.

Fae, to me, are nothing like children. Mischievous, sometimes. Infantile, never. The 'play areas/dates' are so they have an alternative location and outlets to interact and stay nearby. If there were no designated areas, they would wreak havoc around my home (which they've done in the past). It's a respect thing, for both sides.

I'm sorry you interpret it as childlike, but that's not how it is.

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2012, 01:35:06 am »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;72915

The situation made me to think of this article: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=uswa&c=words&id=15020

I was totally thinking Domovoi as well heh. But IDK if they quite fit and it seems you have a pretty good grip on sorting things as is. This has been a fascinating thread. The electricity / dread thing is interesting.

I don't consider myself particularly sensitive, probably quite the opposite in many ways. But, as a kid I had many encounters with Something. At the time my Mom was convinced it was evil and likely a demon (her framework dictated this) but I doubt it was evil or even all the same thing. I suspect there was a malevolent Something and a benevolent or at least mostly neutral Something. Anyway the reason I thought / remembered these things is the mention of electricity. When I was grade-school age my brother mom and I went on a long drive to visit some old friends of hers. The whole day I had this low grade sense of dread. I finally mentioned it to her because she and my twin brother knew about the Something/s already and hadn't laughed at me.

On the way home we were stopped for some time due to an investigation into a fatal vehicle collision, something else happened as well the memory is fuzzy but I think we were nearly sideswiped. When we finally got home I heard that high pitched TV sound and the little television in my room sparked and shorted out when I turned it on lol, scared the bejesus out of me. Anyway the TV thing reminded me of the electricity / dread thing. So weird.

Glad things are going well for you and yours Aster hope they stay that way or improve!

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2012, 02:04:11 am »
Quote from: Asch;74791
Anyway the TV thing reminded me of the electricity / dread thing. So weird.

I should note that it was a CRT TV and from my understanding the noise some folks hear around televisions has to do with frequency etc (Today is my Friday and I just got off work so my nouns are not working yet lol I'm likely not explaining the frequency issue very well, my apologies). So it's entirely possible that I woke up that day and the TV was weird because it was working on dying and that instigated the dread etc.

Catja, I've no idea if you'll pop back by this thread but since you noted Judika Iles' book do you know if her other title, "Encyclopedia of Spirits" is worth the paper it's printed on? I have to confess this thread has re-sparked my curiosity about what is suspected of Others/Ilk (I like that term too!).

GoldenSiren

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;71161
That description sounds like a shadow person, or what i've heard called a black watcher.

Here's another possibility for "Shadow Person" or "Black Watchers".
. . .
Okay, because this is mostly UPG, I'm going to be using mostly my own terminology. More than likely I could be describing something with a different name that I wasn't previously aware of, so bear with me here.
. . .
I don't work with the dead. At all. I think I've seen a spirit of the dead maybe ONCE. Ever. However I DO work a lot with other spirits. These Black Watchers could in fact be Corrupted Guardians. By Guardians, I'm referring to Spirits that tend to latch on to one person, for a lifetime or longer, and protect them from other Spirits and other major tragedy. These Guardians could be humanoid, but more often than not they are usually animals or creatures that can assume a human form (though some can't. Guardians can also be associated with Totem Animals and are perhaps the origin of the Christian concept of "Guardian Angels". Or not. It's unclear). However these Guardians can be Corrupted, or go mad. There can be many reasons for this, ranging from failing to protect the human it's guarding, resulting in the person's death, to being influenced by another, malevolent spirit.
. . .
It's quite possible that what you're dealing with is in fact a CG. If so, it would explain the "watching". One of the CG's could have taken an interest in your daughter, and started to "watch over her". But this is almost a twisted mockery of what Guardians really do. However the spirit may not even realize this, considering it's probably insane (which doesn't necessarily mean "violent" or "dangerous", mind you. Just mentally not all there). These Shadow People could be CGs who have assumed a humanoid form, simply because they are more easily recognized by humans in that form, if that makes sense. Also, I tend to associate those Corrupted spirits by being "shadowy" with black/dark purple coloring.
. . .
But I don't know. I'd have to actually be there to see what kind of spirit it is exactly. At any rate, if it IS a Corrupted Guardian. . . Have any of you actually tried literally communicating with it? Obviously you've been trying to make it go away, by telling it to do so and other means. But how can you be sure it "heard" you? Have you tried to converse with it? Normally, I wouldn't recommend doing that if I didn't know what it was. But frankly, aside from giving you an unsettled/disturbed feeling, has it done anything to you or your daughters?
. . .
 If not, and It's lingered around this long, I'm guessing it has something to tell you. That would explain why it moved to watching your other daughter, because your first wouldn't communicate with it, then it's trying to find someone who WILL. Maybe it has some useful information. You could try to communicate with it, and if won't do it or doesn't leave after that, than perhaps more advanced banishing/cleansing rituals are recommended.
. . .
I tend to not think of CGs as evil or bad at all. I tend to feel bad for them a lot of the time. Sure, they make me uncomfortable (because then tend to come across as more "unnatural" than most). But usually they aren't malevolent. That said, I would take some measures to protect yourself and/or the one attempting to speak to it. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable, because no protection method tends to work "better" with them than others.
. . .
As I said before, (and other commenters have mentioned) it might have something useful or important to tell you. I wish you luck with the spirit.
Déjà Moo
/ˌdāZHä ˈmo͞o/
noun

The feeling that you\'ve already heard this bull before :lub:

Elementalist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:03 pm »
Quote from: GoldenSiren;74872

As I said before, (and other commenters have mentioned) it might have something useful or important to tell you. I wish you luck with the spirit.

I had a pretty similar experience to this about 10yrs ago. I moved into an apartment that I absolutely loved. There was no untoward feeling at all when I inspected it and I never felt uncomfortable in this apartment. But after some months as I was going through a lot of emotional trauma things started to show up in this apartment. It started in my bedroom where I would just feel 'disturbed' in my bed. Often in that twilight zone between sleep and wakefulness I'd hear voices, sometimes music and a disturbance like the air was somehow denser in this one part of the room.

This culminated in a couple of episodes. One evening while sitting my loungeroom I became suddenly cold. Not just chilly by a sudden and total drop in my body temperature to the point where my hands felt icy within seconds and it was the middle of summer. I asked my bf at the time to feel my hands and he could feel them like ice as well. I closed my eye's focused and told it to go away. It moved away from me but not out of the house. I got up and moved towards the front door and could clearly feel it standing there. It was just a heaviness about the air in that location I knew it was there. I banished it again and it was gone, my body temperature returned to normal.

A little while later I was snoozing in my bedroom in the late afternoon. I was between sleep and wakefulness when I clearly heard a male voice say 'you win'. And I came back into immediate wakefulness. I had placed a chunk of snowflake obsidian under my bed where the heavy and dense air often was and I never had a similar experience in that apartment again.

The strange thing is, I never at any stage felt scared of whatever this was. I didn't want it there and it disturbed me, sure but I felt no fear. And I was always calm and very decisive about what I wanted and my absolute right to have my home to myself.

Looking back now I think it was my emotional state that drew this to me more than anything else. It had a density about it that felt very similar to my own emotions. There was no threat just a feeling of oppression, which is definately how I felt about my life at that stage. I was with a boyfriend who wasn't any good for me yet for reasons not really logical I wasn't able to give him up either. I often had episodes of feeling manic and very possessive of this man. I knew he was being deceitful with me but the desire to break free wasn't there. When I did finally break it off with him I just felt enormous relief.

Tags: