"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Personal Occurrence, a "Curse" and Help-Request  (Read 6456 times)

Geosmin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Solitary eclectic Witch
Personal Occurrence, a "Curse" and Help-Request
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:15:43 am »
Hi Everyone,

so I've seen some interesting topics on hexes and curses and have read that as usual the subject brings on different and widespread opinions. I agree that it is not the easiest topic to come to a "right" answer, because every person needs to figure out if a curse/hex is the right type of spell to be working with for them personally, yes or no.

Still, I want to share an occurrence that has happened in my home about 6 weeks ago, which we just noticed about now. Plus at the end, sorry this will be a looong one, I do actually want to tie in a question on curses.

I have 2 jewelry boxes, one for my every day, non-expensive jewelry and one for really expensive stuff I only wear to special occasions or just have because they are an heirloom and I keep it there for emotional reasons. The amount the box is worth is about €4000. So there is a lot of money, sort of speak, lying around in that box. I keep it in the back of a cabinet kinda tucked away. Also in my living room I had about €100 in cash, in a separate wallet.

Maybe you guys can sense where this is headed....but anyway beginning of May I received a call at my work. My partner in crime (I will call him B) ;) was on the phone telling me our neighbor had just called him telling him our front door is wide open. He lives above us and noticed this while walking past our door to get to his apartment. We live in the ground floor apartment, with the back yard to ourselves, and to get to our front door to the apartment one needs to get through the main door first, which is pretty much unbreakable. It's a really safe house. Let's put it like that.

Anyway since I live nearby our home I got my ass into the car and drove home, mostly worried my babies (2 house cats) would get out and lost and run over and what not. Adrenaline pumping. So, I got there, the neighbor had closed the door, I unlocked, I walked inside. I found kitties walking about sniffing and chilling. I hugged them, nearly cried, just happy they were home safe. Then I went about to check why the hell the door was open and wanted to see if something was off in our apartment. I had closed the door myself that morning, being the last to have left and I know I closed it correctly. No chance the wind had flung it open or anything like that.

I had a look around. The apartment was in top condition. Nothing broken, no signs of forceful entry, no messiness, things all where they belong. I was in a hurry, I needed to get back to work. So I wasn't really thinking straight. At that time, being in a hurry and shock I didn't even think about that jewelry box. I never really get it out so it's not something I actively think of. I should have, but didn't. I went back to work doubting myself, telling myself maybe I had left the door open, maybe I didn't close it correctly, the wind blew it open etc. But the entire time I had a fishy feeling in my gut.

We've only moved into this place about a year ago, and to be honest I have had a weird feeling ever since. I can't seem to say I like my neighbor (yes, the one who called us with the door open information), he's a drunk, every once in a while he beats up on his wife. They have a daughter and no one seems to take care of this asshole, but that's another story.

Anyway one day he had come down to our yard asking B if he would have a beer with him and chill a bit, this was really in the beginning, and we were trying to friendly, so he said sure and the guy sat down in our yard and just started getting drunk. One beer after the other. B wanted him to leave, he just stuck around telling one story after the other, which involved that he had just been fired 6 months ago because he had apparently stolen €6000, they couldn't prove it, so he pretty much got away with "just" being fired. He told us he found another job, but that he earns about €400 less now each month and that he doesn't know how to pay his bills and what not. So they have money issues, and he has been kicked out for stealing. Great. Neighbors.

The reason I'm telling you all this, is so you can somewhat get the right idea of what is going on. Information is key to half way decent consumption and judgment. So sorry this is a long read. Please bear with me.

Also, this was the second time he had called telling us our door is open. Just that time B went there and checked the apartment. That evening I had also checked for the jewelry box. It was safe and sound.

I just think its odd, that both times our door is open, he is just around the corner to "save the day". He is usually never home during the day. So I find it suspicious. And knowing his background I am even more suspicious. After the first time, I told B about my concerns. He bought a new lock and installed it into our door. A safety lock which pretty much is now almost invincible. But apparently not, hence there has now been the second call from this douche. Excuse my French.

Well people it all boils down to this. Nearly 5 weeks later, I wanted to get something out of that jewelry box. And you all know what's coming...exactly...its gone. I have taken all mundane actions anyone would. I've searched the entire house. Every nook and cranny. I've searched the basement. I have made my house a mess taking out everything and just going wild trying to find it. It is, I can say with certain, nowhere.

We've gone to the police to have legal matters rolling. I've told them the same story about our neighbor I've just typed up here. The money from the other cabinet is also missing. B's backpack that was sitting by the front door is missing, after we took a closer look we are just noticing things are gone. And the worst part is that damn jewelry box. The police is on it but can't promise we will ever find out what happened. Pretty much we are at the end of all things we can do right now. The stuff is gone. The police informed. Justice seemingly very far away from happening. I'm pissed. B is pissed.

So here it comes. Misses greeny witch over here, has never done a curse on anyone or anything. Not because I think they are morally incorrect, but simply because I've never needed one. I've never been in a situation I wasn't able of resolving in other manners. Quarrels with other people or exes, or people talking shit about me I just don't care enough about. I am very good at ignoring idiots. And thankfully a crime has never happened to me while I was old enough to think about hexes and curses. So, I've never needed or wanted to create, make, do one.

Well let me tell you, I have a put a lot of thought in this. I want to not put a hex on a certain someone since the culprit is unknown. (Yes I have a suspicion my neighbor did it but I'm not going to curse someone I'm not 100% certain did it) So yeah, unknown.

So I wrote up a spell, curse you might say, making the person, whoever in possession of the box a miserable wreck. I love the spell and the way it turned out to be. But since I have never done any type of "negative work" before, all my correspondences are of "positive nature". For instance lavender, sleep calm relax etc. No negaitve traits for as much as I know now. I don't know what herb I could use, to bring in connection with a stolen object, a thief, of getting back something that one desires etc. I really know nothing about the set up.

What I have gathered and thought of so far, is wanting to work the Magick on the upcoming New moon, when the night is dark. At night. I would want to be involving a poppet. There will be a binding going on with wire of the poppets hands. And I have my spell written. So anyone around here that performs or has performed this type of Magick? If so anyone willing to please give me a 101? Also maybe an explanation on all this "bouncing back" and "backfiring" and what it's all about. As much as I am ok with all of this, I just really want to do my homeowork.

I am also open for any other opinions, even if the opinion is "really don't go down that road" or "is the jewelry really worth it" etc. I am really honestly open for all advice, discussions and opinions. Just happy I could share this, I've been feeling quite bummed about the whole thing, so just knowing someone is out there, taking the time, reading this and maybe has some input will be sufficient to somewhat make me feel like I'm not totally alone with this shit. On a mundane level I have friends or family I can talk to, but on a "witchy" level I am completely alone. And let me tell you, my inner witch is quite ready to yield some justice. No one comes into my house and harms or steals anything. Not without a fight.

Thank you again, for the patience and your time, for those who made it through my long ass post. I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:39:09 am by SunflowerP »
.:*:゚。If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere:*。:゚..

Geosmin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Occurrence, a "Curse" and Help-Request
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:30:45 am »
Information is key to half way decent consumption and judgment.

**assumption *facepalm*

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 01:41:02 am »
Thank you again, for the patience and your time, for those who made it through my long ass post. I really appreciate it!

A Reminder:
Hi, Geosmin,

We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 06:37:03 am »
So I wrote up a spell, curse you might say, making the person, whoever in possession of the box a miserable wreck.

First, do you want to affect the person in possession of the box or the person who stole the box? They may not be the same person.  Second how is making them miserable going to help you? Perhaps making them feel guilty and misrable until they confess their actions to the authorities would be more helpful?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 06:58:47 am »
First, do you want to affect the person in possession of the box or the person who stole the box? They may not be the same person.  Second how is making them miserable going to help you?

I don't do any of the magic or witchcraft thing, so I'm a little hesitant to speak up. But I just wanted to say that, back when I was twelve years old or so, someone stole some model railroad items of mine out of our garage, and I jumped to conclusions as to who did it and accused them publicly. I might even have been correct...but I had no way of really knowing, and I realize now that I was way out of line. I was acting small and petty and broke up any chance of establishing what could have become a friendship over a matter which they might well have been completely innocent of. Even now, forty-plus years later, I regret that action.

I know that valuable jewelry with sentimental connections is not really in the same league with a toy. But, still, I would encourage you to consider your actions and not take any steps which you might later come to regret...especially steps taken without real proof.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 11:16:15 am »
First, do you want to affect the person in possession of the box or the person who stole the box? They may not be the same person.  Second how is making them miserable going to help you? Perhaps making them feel guilty and misrable until they confess their actions to the authorities would be more helpful?

This, also, I'm pretty sure I've seen spells around for 'return of stolen items', which if it were me is what I'd want even more than punishment of the thieves.  Perhaps you might research along those lines?

Geosmin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 06:28:27 am »

What I really want is for the person who broke an entry and stole something to a. not do it again and b. find justice. If the person feels guilty, for gods know how long, it is in my opinion punishment and more along the lines what I meant when I said "feel miserable". Feeling guilty can really haunt someone.
If they never steal again, then I won also. If i somehow by any chance get my things back or the police catches the coulprit, or they confess, I also see myself as the winner in this case.

So really, all the above is perfectly fine with me. And all other scenarios where somewhat of justice has been served. So it's not really about who has the things or the box itself, because this person may have just bought it from the thief him/herself. It's about the person who is in fact guilty of breaking into a house and stealing things, which at the time is an unknown person.

Geosmin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 06:36:09 am »
I don't do any of the magic or witchcraft thing, so I'm a little hesitant to speak up. But I just wanted to say that, back when I was twelve years old or so, someone stole some model railroad items of mine out of our garage, and I jumped to conclusions as to who did it and accused them publicly. I might even have been correct...but I had no way of really knowing, and I realize now that I was way out of line. I was acting small and petty and broke up any chance of establishing what could have become a friendship over a matter which they might well have been completely innocent of. Even now, forty-plus years later, I regret that action.

I know that valuable jewelry with sentimental connections is not really in the same league with a toy. But, still, I would encourage you to consider your actions and not take any steps which you might later come to regret...especially steps taken without real proof.

I do understand where you are coming from and what you mean to remind me of, before maybe doing something that I may regret later on. Also I appreciate that. I just wanted to point out, that I made very clear that I am not acting on that in my original post. I also said that I am not willing to throw a hex on someone that I am not 100% sure of, actually comitted the crime.

Suspicions are simply that, a mere idea of what may have happened. Sorry to say the person hasn't made himself look quite innocent. But I am not convinced that he did it I merely have an off feeling about it.
I speak to him normally when we see each other, and I am not going to act resentful towards someone who hasn't been proven guilty. I am more levelheaded than that.

Geosmin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 06:50:13 am »
This, also, I'm pretty sure I've seen spells around for 'return of stolen items', which if it were me is what I'd want even more than punishment of the thieves.  Perhaps you might research along those lines?

This is really true. I do really wish to get my things back. But for me it just goes further than a materialistic wanting. So I am willing to focus on making sure that that person doesn't do this to someone else again. It makes me sad and angry to think someone is getting away with a crime and numerous people having to endure feeling unsafe in their homes and suffering the same, or maybe even a greater loss than I have.

Which is why I want this person to either be caught, stop stealing or confess to the authorities.
I may just be completely overanalyzing on this next scenario, but we have many families living here with children, I have an 8-year old myself who sometimes is alone at home. There are elderly people living here alone...what if this person breaks in while someone is in their house, and they can't defend themselves so someone really gets injured or worse.

Plus since this is the second time in 6 moths that this has happened. We've changed the lock and our landlord set up "trap cameras", we really aren't feeling very safe in this house anymore. So really, I am worried and pretty much fed up.

Tags: curse help hex occurence