Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Looking for a Subtle Energy Lifter for the Work Place  (Read 1060 times)

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Looking for a Subtle Energy Lifter for the Work Place
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:17:16 pm »
Hi all,

I'm looking for some tips for things that I could do to improve the situation at my office at the moment. I'll give a brief overview of the situation.

Six months ago, there were 6 team leaders in my department and now there are only 3 (and one if those is useless). The number of staff that I'm personally responsible for has doubled. Several of these people have HR issues and require a lot of attention. My overall work load has tripled. Changes are being made that some of the staff are unhappy about and they are reacting very negatively and causing morale to drop all around them. My boss isn't that clear on how to do her job so I'm often relied upon to do additional tasks for her.

The bottom line is that I'm absolutely exhausted and I can't keep going like this. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work and e-mail myself reminders. I'm also 5 months pregnant so I really need to find some way to cope.

I'm looking for something I can do to try and lift the energy in general (making the staff happier makes my job easier) and particularly around me and my desk. I'm hoping to come up with something that I can tap into through the day for an energy boost or drain my dress into.

On my desk I already have a small shrine to Brighid (a drawing of a well with a flame and a jar painted with water and flames which I light a battery powered candle in during my Cill shifts. I could get away with adding small items (like stones or amulets) to this but I do have limited space.

I'm open to any suggestions - at this point in time I'm so exhausted that I'm having trouble thinking of anything I can do.

Sorry this post was so long. Thanks for sticking with me this far!

Rocquelaire

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Subtle Energy Lifter for the Work Place
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:31:35 pm »
Quote from: rocquelaire;108208
Hi all,

I'm looking for some tips for things that I could do to improve the situation at my office at the moment. I'll give a brief overview of the situation.

Six months ago, there were 6 team leaders in my department and now there are only 3 (and one if those is useless). The number of staff that I'm personally responsible for has doubled. Several of these people have HR issues and require a lot of attention. My overall work load has tripled. Changes are being made that some of the staff are unhappy about and they are reacting very negatively and causing morale to drop all around them. My boss isn't that clear on how to do her job so I'm often relied upon to do additional tasks for her.

The bottom line is that I'm absolutely exhausted and I can't keep going like this. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work and e-mail myself reminders. I'm also 5 months pregnant so I really need to find some way to cope.

I'm looking for something I can do to try and lift the energy in general (making the staff happier makes my job easier) and particularly around me and my desk. I'm hoping to come up with something that I can tap into through the day for an energy boost or drain my dress into.

On my desk I already have a small shrine to Brighid (a drawing of a well with a flame and a jar painted with water and flames which I light a battery powered candle in during my Cill shifts. I could get away with adding small items (like stones or amulets) to this but I do have limited space.

I'm open to any suggestions - at this point in time I'm so exhausted that I'm having trouble thinking of anything I can do.

Sorry this post was so long. Thanks for sticking with me this far!

Rocquelaire

Wow it sounds like you're in re-org hell too! Must be something in the air. I would, personally, recommend getting a plant for your desk or maybe even one of those plug in water fountains if you have the space. I have one of those potted hyacinths from the grocer's; even if it doesn't do much but be pretty, the scent is amazing and very calming.

I haven't quite figured out how to harmonize elements outside of my own space, but I have found that running water and a pretty potted something have been beneficial to those who have them in their cubes. One of my coworkers keeps a cactus plant since she believes they keep crappy people away from her personal space.

Maybe tape some charged sigils on the underside of your desk?
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

Tags: