collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Ideas on removing 'shield' from house...  (Read 2887 times)

puppydangerous

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Ideas on removing 'shield' from house...
« on: September 02, 2011, 10:42:30 am »
This is not a new problem, but I'm trying to find some solutions. I'll post something simple first, then give you a more detailed explanation. I'm going to try and keep it as short as possible.

Just to make it clear, I'm pretty sure I know why this was put in place and it's not a valid reason anymore. I understand that sometimes it's a bad idea to mess with things like this.

Basically, my issue is this: the house I live in has been 'shielded', very strongly. This might not seem like a bad thing, but it effectively keeps any sort of energy from coming in or out. It's literally like a psychic damper, to the point where it causes problems with basic creativity (I'm a freelance artist) as well as magic.

I've lived in this house on and off for over ten years, and it's always been a huge problem. I've done pretty much everything I can think of to get rid of this, and though it has helped a little I can't get it where I want it to be.

This is something that was done before we purchased this property.

Now, of course, many people will just say 'it's there for a reason', and you're right. But the reason I can think of is invalid at this point.

You see, before we got this property, it was being used as a pot farm-we got it after he was busted. The house we live in is where they sorted it, and burned the stuff they didn't want in the potbellied stove that used to be in the living room, effectively fumigating the town.

So I can certainly understand why they would have created, whether intentionally or not, this sort of 'null' area where they wouldn't be noticed.  

That's not an issue anymore.

If it's here for some other reason, I'd really rather it be me who is responsible for it. I can put something back up without a problem.

Ever since I moved in here, I've been doing various things to try and get rid of this, but I haven't been able to find anything that works. I've pretty much exhausted every resource I can think of.  

The rest of the property is fine, it is literally just this house that has the problem. You can feel it as you step inside, and then the house is an energy dead zone.

Does anybody have any ideas for how to get rid of this thing? It's making my life very difficult right now.

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas on removing 'shield' from house...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:06 am »
Quote from: puppydangerous;17372

The problem with removing a shield you didn't put up is you don't know where the anchors are.  I'd say they are somewhere around the edge of the house, plus possibly the basement and attic, but if it was put up without physical anchors, or grew organically through the attitudes and will of the people living there it is much more difficult.

There has been no-one maintaining it for several years now, though, so it is possible that it is getting weak enough to counteract even without knowing its specifics.  You pretty much know what it was there to do - do things which fight that purpose, and do them consciously and forcefully.  Have parties with the townspeople, have a public barbecue, turn the front room into a gallery for your art and invite strangers in to see it.

That kind of action will shred the shields.  With no continuing reinforcement they may fade or suddenly implode - like overloading a box or overfilling a water balloon.

You could also have someone who makes warding a specialty come in and walk the boundaries and attempt to dismiss all the attachment points.  It doesn't sound like a conscious 'guardian' type shield.  It sounds more like habit and paranoia instead, which can be terribly strong.

Being conscious of the shield, and very conscious of not needing it, and just focusing that consciousness whenever you have a spare moment, can help weaken it.  It has been ten years (?) since anyone fed it, it may be pretty brittle by now.

I shield every place I live in, but I move a lot so I always use anchors at the perimeters and a 'house key' to tie it together.  The house key is always a physical object suspended in the attic or near the ceiling of the centre of the place.  All I have to do when I move is take down the key and the shield is gone.  Organic ones are much more difficult to take down if you are not the one who caused them to grow.

Absent
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:59:50 am by Marilyn/Absentminded »
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:10:33 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;17380
You could also have someone who makes warding a specialty come in and walk the boundaries and attempt to dismiss all the attachment points.  It doesn't sound like a conscious 'guardian' type shield.  It sounds more like habit and paranoia instead, which can be terribly strong.

If it is a purposely created shield, it probably has anchors. If you are good with a dowsing rod or even a pendulum, you may be able to find the anchor points -- which can help you find the objects being used a anchors. As you say the effect is confined to the house, you have a fairly limited area to search.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 03:44:40 am »
Quote from: puppydangerous;17372

I agree with what's been said.

If the shield is still this strong after 10 years and without someone caring for it, my bets are, that there are physical spells/anchors somewhere on the grounds.

My house is shielded with psychic seals only. They are pretty strong because they feed on the elemental powers, but I have to re-do them once in a while.

Try to look for something that could be an anchor... something living even, like a tree. If you can't find anything, I'd suggest you try to find someone to join powers and helps you with punching a hole in the thing.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

diana_rajchel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 09:01:04 pm »
Quote from: Tana;17571
I agree with what's been said.

If the shield is still this strong after 10 years and without someone caring for it, my bets are, that there are physical spells/anchors somewhere on the grounds.

My house is shielded with psychic seals only. They are pretty strong because they feed on the elemental powers, but I have to re-do them once in a while.

Try to look for something that could be an anchor... something living even, like a tree. If you can't find anything, I'd suggest you try to find someone to join powers and helps you with punching a hole in the thing.

I concur with the anchors, and dowsing or using a pendulum should help you find it. You might even just stand away from the house, close your eyes, and ask to "see" where they are located.

My other thought is to find a few pieces of pewter and bury those somewhere near where you think the anchors are. Even the lead-free stuff can't carry a magical charge worth a darn, and the lead stuff can suck a magical charge right out of something... at least, it has for me.

Tags: