Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: I need help....evil spirit  (Read 4464 times)

Ljknight88

• View Profile
  • Religion: Agnostic
I need help....evil spirit
« on: October 14, 2019, 06:03:53 pm »
Hi members, I am new to the forum and to my path and I didnt know who else to turn to.

I have something evil following me. I have for a few years now. I first discovered it about 4 years ago when a friend told me the spirit that stood outside of my room was actually a demon. I was suffering with depression at the time and she said this was being brought in by the demon feeding off me. She is Christian and prayed for me and it went away temporarily. It returned a year later when my emotions were at a low. She prayed again.

I moved ut of the house and city and have recently taken on my own flat or rent. Over the last few weeks I have been emotional and stressed but also looking further into wicca. I believe this demon is back. My dogs sense it and go balistic.I have placed a protection chant on my dog and also a chant to remove it from my home. I have charged my Crystal's in the full moon last night and  placed small bottles of salt in all the windows but I'm worried I may trap it in the house.

Can anyone help me. I'm scared if this thing that seems to want me. Have I brought it back in by researching magick?

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: I need help....evil spirit
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:31 pm »
Hi members, I am new to the forum and to my path and I didnt know who else to turn to.

I have something evil following me. I have for a few years now. I first discovered it about 4 years ago when a friend told me the spirit that stood outside of my room was actually a demon. I was suffering with depression at the time and she said this was being brought in by the demon feeding off me. She is Christian and prayed for me and it went away temporarily. It returned a year later when my emotions were at a low. She prayed again.

I moved ut of the house and city and have recently taken on my own flat or rent. Over the last few weeks I have been emotional and stressed but also looking further into wicca. I believe this demon is back. My dogs sense it and go balistic.I have placed a protection chant on my dog and also a chant to remove it from my home. I have charged my Crystal's in the full moon last night and  placed small bottles of salt in all the windows but I'm worried I may trap it in the house.

Can anyone help me. I'm scared if this thing that seems to want me. Have I brought it back in by researching magick?

So that we can get a better picture of what's going on, what makes you believe that it's a demon, aside from your friend's assessment?  Are there specific things happening that can't be mundanely explained?

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ljknight88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 02:58:32 am »
So that we can get a better picture of what's going on, what makes you believe that it's a demon, aside from your friend's assessment?  Are there specific things happening that can't be mundanely explained?

I feel like when it's around I feel down and lost. It's also a feeling of being watched. Like I have to look behind me all the time and just general negativity in the air. I'm having some health issues which I am wondering if it is to do with whatever this thing is. The dogs snarl and growl and my mums dog went balistic at a corner of my flat where there was nothing there. My friend called it a demon but I dont think she believed in spirits it's either Angel's or demons.

The last time it was present in my old place in london I heard it say my name and laugh. It was a female voice. Obviously there is a possibility isnt the same thing.

I'm not sure if I've opened the door to it again by studying magick or if by putting salt in the windows I will trap it inside rather than getting it out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:00:23 am by Ljknight88 »

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 05:43:56 am »
. I was suffering with depression at the time and she said this was being brought in by the demon feeding off me.  It returned a year later when my emotions were at a low. 

Have you considered that it could be the other way round?  That you feel that there is something evil there because of your depression rather than it being the cause of it?

My dog often has a barking fit at something I can't see or hear but I'm 100% sure it isn't a presence but just that he has much better hearing than I do and there is a squirrel or cat outside

Ljknight88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 06:56:33 am »
Have you considered that it could be the other way round?  That you feel that there is something evil there because of your depression rather than it being the cause of it.

I haven't felt depressed for good year and a half and I dont take medication anymore. My life has turned around and I'm going well.I'm actually feeling good apart from a bit of worry about work. But its possible I suppose. I just find it strange that it links and also that my mum has mentioned it too. And she was concerned I'd opened a doorway by looking into magick (shes seen my books and altar)

So will the salt keep it inside the house if there is something there or will it keep it away? I will do a cleanse on myself and carry my Crystal's etc just in case as I do feel that this is something that follows me and it's not welcome.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 09:19:17 am »

I'm curious about the timing of this related to when you moved into your new place - or if there's anything else that has changed in your life recently.

First, there are lots of options that it might be, not necessarily a demon - many people feel there are a wide range of non-physical entities. It could also be something like a memory of something that happened in that place, or something else. It's hard to tell without more information.

Have you tried doing anything like keeping detailed notes of when you feel things (and what specifically you feel) to see if there are patterns? Or divination, or meditation, or prayer, or anything else like that?

It can be really hard sometimes to tell if something we're experiencing is internal (and beginning to study magic and Pagan religion can open you up to being more sensitive to your own state of being, as well as stuff around you) or external.

I have several articles on my website that might be helpful. If you don't already have a good personal practice around energetic cleansing of yourself, it's often one of my first recommendations for people. It can be easy to bring the energetic equivalent of mud home on your shoes (the stuff we just naturally pick up being out in the world and interacting with people), and just like we have a shower, having some regular energetic practices to clean ourselves off help a lot. Here's the article on those practices.

I also think that some good household practices for keeping things clean never hurt (just like we clean our physical home.) In general, keeping your home a comfortable place where you spend time making sure there are goo things happening does a lot.

Once you've done some of those things, take stock, and see if your experiences change. If you're still having issues, or you would just like to take more precautions, this article has more detail about protective practices. You probably haven't trapped anything with you with salt (because it's really hard to do a complete salt circle around a flat!) But there are some other approaches you might find useful.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 09:32:02 am »

Ok, I can't add anything to what these people ( who know what they're talking about ) have said but I do want to just say, you need to fight this fear that's building up inside you. Find something to hold onto inside yourself - some hope, inner strength, self belief.

If what you face is something malign then you will need courage and strength to deal with it and the same if it's your own inner shadow, so to speak. Also this will give you a better chance to work out if it is an internal struggle or not.

Either way it sounds like it's something you've faced and beaten before and so believe you can do so again

Ljknight88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »
First, there are lots of options that it might be, not necessarily a demon - many people feel there are a wide range of non-physical entities. It could also be something like a memory of something that happened in that place, or something else. It's hard to tell without more information.

I was talking with my mum who is now sort of aware of the books and altar in my house and she said looking back she thinks it all started when I bought a spirit board. We did stupidly play with it a few times but not much happened. But it was after that that my troubles with depression started and the black entityt started standing outside my room in my shared house. Non believer flat mates also saw this entity.  I do still have the board but it's in the shed at my mums house and she didnt want it inside when i lived there. Could this be related?

Thank you for your advice and the links I will definitely look onto them. Like I say I'm so new to this and I worry I might do things wrong so your help is much appreciated x