collapse

Author Topic: How Do You Keep Your Records?  (Read 7374 times)

Leeway

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Keep Your Records?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:42 pm »
Quote from: CozyWitch;9327
Just a question, how do you keep your records? How do you refer to it (Grimoire, BoS, etc.)?

I keep them sorted alphabetically by artist then by release date. I refer to it as "records", my wife refers to it as "all those damn records."

As for the other kind of records, they're all digital. I've been doing that for time out of mind, so when I set about to follow my heart on a druid's path it was only natural for me to maintain spiritually-related material on my computer as well.

I have a workflow that I've used for years that I also use for my spiritual stuff: I take down random notes and personal musings in TextEdit, keep my research corralled with Bookends, use Scrivener to piece it all together when necessary and Pages to spit it out all pretty-like.

sephira

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Keep Your Records?
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 07:22:29 pm »
Quote from: sephira;22807
I took those blank journals, the 8 x 10 ones, you get at any online store and turned one into an Herbal, one into a BOS with little organization to the outside eye, and one into a spell book only that has no organization, but part of my fun is hunting for a spell and if I don't have one already made up or there isn't one I can't borrow from and tweak, I make one up and in it goes to the spell book. I have used scrapbook making supplies to these journals and it has been so much fun making them that I get excited when it's time to add a new spell to the tome.  I have tiny, neat hand writing so I have invested a lot of time and energy into putting these tomes together, but I wouldn't have done it differently if I had the chance to.
I have let my friend peruse all of my books, but I would NEVER let anyone borrow them. They are far too precious to me to stray too far from my home and be greedily gobbled up by someone else's eyes and mind! Looking at them in my home is different though. Does that make sense?

OH, and I just started a journal. In it will be magical writings, my 'history' as a witch, divination interpretations/results, meditations, etc,. So far it has been so much fun writing down my 'how I got here' section. Again, it's in my handwriting so it's a labor of love. No one will see this unless they sneak a peek, but then they'd have to know it exists and not even my hubby knows I'm writing it, or I've passed on and they found it then and I won't care anyway.
"If it ain\'t fun, it ain\'t worth doing!"

Tags: