collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 Sept 2019: $660 donated. $10 more our minimum goal! Let's beat last year's total of $99 more than the minimum!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?  (Read 23056 times)

girl08er

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:41:16 am »
ok, so my fiance has moved out and seems to be struggling with his feelings for me and his ego and fear of becoming his father, who is now on divorce #4 and already has a new girlfriend. We have a baby together who turns 1 on October 27 as well. So I cast a binding spell on him about 4 days ago and then a BIG love spell involving an unclean shirt of his, a shoelace of his, his photo with his name written on the back, a red candle, and written detail of what I want for us. Since it's a persuasion spell more than anything, i buried everything but the shirt afterwards in the basil plant he left here in my garden. I have slept with the shirt every night, meditating on my intentions for us.

From the beginning of all this, he has been telling me he still loves me, so thats why I feel ok doing the spell. But I'm starting to already notice what might be signs that it's kicking in. Yesterday morning he contacted me to check on how i'm doing, and confided in me that he woke up feeling hopeless and depressed, which is how I was feeling for a while now. And today he has decided that he wants me to be the one to take him to work more so we can spend time together, and that he wants to still keep sex as an option for us since we still love each other and we're adults.

He seems to be caving slowly over this. Because at the beginning, it was i'm gone i'm leaving goodbye. Then it became i want to keep us talking for baby's sake. Then it was I want to be friends and stay close and the separation is just "for now" not forever. Now its I want to be friends, i do still love you, but I would like it if we could rely on each other for our physical needs instead of going to other people.

I know its a strange situation, but could it be working?

Marilyn/Absentminded

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 975
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:01:10 pm »
Quote from: girl08er;23696


 

So, he wants you to chauffeur him around, be a shoulder to cry on when he's depressed, and continue to sleep with him now all the responsibility for a relationship is off him?  And since you are 'separated' can he date if he wants to?

Yep.  Sounds like it's working to me.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

   In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Miss

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 150
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 04:17:49 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;23725
So, he wants you to chauffeur him around, be a shoulder to cry on when he's depressed, and continue to sleep with him now all the responsibility for a relationship is off him?  And since you are 'separated' can he date if he wants to?

Yep.  Sounds like it's working to me.

Absent

 
It does sound terribly fishy from the details the OP gave us.

I'm certain witchcraft can do many amazing things, but you have to keep sense about you. You don't want to be taken advantage of by someone. None of us know either of you personally, so we can't offer the best advice...so the only thing I can say is to keep your wits about you.

When people's emotions run high, they can be blinded by facts. Especially when a lover is involved.Try and make sure this isn't the case.

girl08er

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »
Quote from: girl08er;23696
ok, so my fiance has moved out and seems to be struggling with his feelings for me and his ego and fear of becoming his father, who is now on divorce #4 and already has a new girlfriend. We have a baby together who turns 1 on October 27 as well. So I cast a binding spell on him about 4 days ago and then a BIG love spell involving an unclean shirt of his, a shoelace of his, his photo with his name written on the back, a red candle, and written detail of what I want for us. Since it's a persuasion spell more than anything, i buried everything but the shirt afterwards in the basil plant he left here in my garden. I have slept with the shirt every night, meditating on my intentions for us.

From the beginning of all this, he has been telling me he still loves me, so thats why I feel ok doing the spell. But I'm starting to already notice what might be signs that it's kicking in. Yesterday morning he contacted me to check on how i'm doing, and confided in me that he woke up feeling hopeless and depressed, which is how I was feeling for a while now. And today he has decided that he wants me to be the one to take him to work more so we can spend time together, and that he wants to still keep sex as an option for us since we still love each other and we're adults.

He seems to be caving slowly over this. Because at the beginning, it was i'm gone i'm leaving goodbye. Then it became i want to keep us talking for baby's sake. Then it was I want to be friends and stay close and the separation is just "for now" not forever. Now its I want to be friends, i do still love you, but I would like it if we could rely on each other for our physical needs instead of going to other people.

I know its a strange situation, but could it be working?

 
We made a pact to not date other people.

RandallS

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10141
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 241
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »
Quote from: girl08er;23696
I know its a strange situation, but could it be working?

It's possible it could be beginning to work. Only you can tell in the things you are seeing are real changes in his attitude since before the spell. Unfortunately, it's easy to let your desires tint what you are seeing. If there have truly been real changes in his position, then it might be working. If there haven't been real changes, it may not be working (yet or at all. it's too early to tell).
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

girl08er

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 02:20:52 am »
Quote from: RandallS;23761
It's possible it could be beginning to work. Only you can tell in the things you are seeing are real changes in his attitude since before the spell. Unfortunately, it's easy to let your desires tint what you are seeing. If there have truly been real changes in his position, then it might be working. If there haven't been real changes, it may not be working (yet or at all. it's too early to tell).

 
well something new happened tonight. I picked him up from work so that i could drop him and our son off together for his overnight visit, and the song "stereo hearts" came on the radio. i mentioned that the song makes me sad because its a love song and it's his favorite song, so he turned it up and had me listen to the lyrics. it's talking about a couple who is currently not together, but the man is professing to the woman that his heart only belongs to her and that he hopes things reconnect somewhere down the line. he told me this song is what he feels for me now. he said that he loves me, that his heart will always belong to me, but that things have to get better for us to be together. i see i huge difference in him these past few days already, as i do in myself.

Miss

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 150
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:41 pm »
Quote from: girl08er;23832
well something new happened tonight. I picked him up from work so that i could drop him and our son off together for his overnight visit, and the song "stereo hearts" came on the radio. i mentioned that the song makes me sad because its a love song and it's his favorite song, so he turned it up and had me listen to the lyrics. it's talking about a couple who is currently not together, but the man is professing to the woman that his heart only belongs to her and that he hopes things reconnect somewhere down the line. he told me this song is what he feels for me now. he said that he loves me, that his heart will always belong to me, but that things have to get better for us to be together. i see i huge difference in him these past few days already, as i do in myself.

 
Do what you need to do next,then. Figure out what is best for the two of you, as well your child together. Confront what was wrong with the relationship,compromise,forgive...whatever you think must be done to fix things if you feel that being with him is truly healthy for you and your child. If he's ready to examine the relationship and compromise at this point, of course. You might even still need time away from each other to work on yourselves as individuals.

I've never done spellwork as of yet, but they seem to create opportunities the ones involved need to act upon.

Good luck with things! I hope things are less dramatic for you from here on out.

girl08er

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »
Quote from: Miss;23876
Do what you need to do next,then. Figure out what is best for the two of you, as well your child together. Confront what was wrong with the relationship,compromise,forgive...whatever you think must be done to fix things if you feel that being with him is truly healthy for you and your child. If he's ready to examine the relationship and compromise at this point, of course. You might even still need time away from each other to work on yourselves as individuals.

I've never done spellwork as of yet, but they seem to create opportunities the ones involved need to act upon.

Good luck with things! I hope things are less dramatic for you from here on out.

 
he seems to really just be falling into place. we both have stuff to finish, and it seems like when each step is taken, we progress further. like when i started therapy, we started talking more. then i got a job sunday, and the next day we start the physical relationship again. now today, the other roommates at the house he lives in have moved out, so it is just him and the owners now, who are our close friends, and he finally has the bigger room he has been gearing for since he moved in, rather than the little guest room he was staying in.

so today, he got a little bent out of shape when he got a text from the website i use for texting confirming his friend request, saying "we are now friends, thanks!" well, he took this to be me texting him stating that i'm backing out and just being friends, so he was like wow thanks for that, and when i explained to him that it was an automatic message and as far as i was concerned we were still where were were yesterday, eh relaxed quite a bit and was like oh ok, i feel better now.

then when i went to pick up my son this morning, he let and i love you slip as he was walking back towards the house after i said "talk to you later"

monsnoleedra

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 957
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Love spell and signs it's kicking in?
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 07:46:17 pm »
Quote from: girl08er;23888
..


While I wish you good luck in your realtionship and future I have my doubts about it.  In my experience love spells always fail in the end and result in situations far worse than what would have happened had you allowed it to run its course.

In many ways you've both described the perferct foundation for a curse or hex and also initiated it.  Though the old Italian Lady who taught me curse magics would say a "Love Spell" is nothing but a timed Curse / Hex.

You say you've bound him and basically put a glamory spell (love) upon him so he see's things differently.  By the way I'm also willing to bet that the glamory is only changing things in front of you but your not seeing the internal disputes nor the outward refusal or battle to the glamory.  Then focus in soley upon what aspects you want to see and recognize as reflections of your spells being "Affective / Effective".

The true foul-up in this whole situation is that even if you unbind him now the course must be run.  Where you placed a glamory of love the seeds of hate and anger were also planted and are germinating even as you look to and through the rosy glasses your wearing.

Sorry if this upsets you and you can call me an arse or what ever you desire.  But it's clear this is only for you and you did not think it through nor consider the full workings of your spell work.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
30641 Views
Last post September 06, 2011, 07:35:35 pm
by dmtemp
1 Replies
1079 Views
Last post October 30, 2012, 06:22:47 pm
by Jenett
4 Replies
4418 Views
Last post December 21, 2012, 12:26:01 pm
by Catherine
14 Replies
1808 Views
Last post January 05, 2013, 05:29:02 am
by Elementalist
6 Replies
1497 Views
Last post September 26, 2013, 05:21:09 am
by leo8686

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall