[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Herbs  (Read 2600 times)

Frostfire

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Herbs
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 11:19:30 am »
Quote from: axismundi;106050
Yes I should have posed an actual question I was perhaps being too careful about very serious matters.  Also the justified worker is genuinely initiated and is fully aligned with the spirit world as well as 'God'.  So all the work they do is justified in an occult way and extremely difficult to stop.  Regrettably by the use of clever poison's those that are not justified can seem to be so.  They pursue and promote agenda's of wickedness in the name of the spirits, the Loa the saints and God.  They are false, secretive and malicious.  Both spiritually and literally the works they do are in the mouth sweet but in the belly bitter.

So the question is how can we tell the difference?  I have a few ideas on this and I am very interested on what others may suggest.

I honestly couldn't say how to tell the difference,speaking as a student of herbalism, most herbal poisons still have chemical markers, like belladona or mandrake or datura the compounds that would kill said person, atropine and scolopine would still be readable by a forinsic team. There may be rarer and more difficult chemicals to trace, but most plant compounds are recognizable to modern medicine. Particularly if they are in signifigant enough doses to kill. To me a wink is as good as a nod to a dead horse, so if it was physical poison or a juju spell, dead is dead.  May I ask why the method is important to you? Or are you trying to determine a method so that you can get at the offending rootworker/ poisoner?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 02:01:55 pm »
Quote from: ccam;106226
No.  I never said rootworkers weren't murderers if they use their power to kill.  It just means that someone who uses metaphysical means to kill is a rootworker, someone who uses arsenic is just a murderer.

In my opinion, anyone who unlawfully kills someone is a murderer, it doesn't matter if they use magic, arsenic, or a gun. Also, not everyone who kills by magic would be a rootworker. Most magical traditions include cursing, it's not limited to just rootwork.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

ccam

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 03:46:37 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;106691
In my opinion, anyone who unlawfully kills someone is a murderer, it doesn't matter if they use magic, arsenic, or a gun. Also, not everyone who kills by magic would be a rootworker. Most magical traditions include cursing, it's not limited to just rootwork.

I agree, but we were talking about rootwork specifically, not the entirety of magical practice.

axismundi

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »
Quote from: Frostfire;106672
I honestly couldn't say how to tell the difference,speaking as a student of herbalism, most herbal poisons still have chemical markers, like belladona or mandrake or datura the compounds that would kill said person, atropine and scolopine would still be readable by a forinsic team. There may be rarer and more difficult chemicals to trace, but most plant compounds are recognizable to modern medicine. Particularly if they are in signifigant enough doses to kill. To me a wink is as good as a nod to a dead horse, so if it was physical poison or a juju spell, dead is dead.  May I ask why the method is important to you? Or are you trying to determine a method so that you can get at the offending rootworker/ poisoner?

Assuming that unlike in the Dexter episode the poison is detectable; as I mention the malice is hidden in the 'demographic'.  EG a middle aged obese person having a sudden unexpected heart attack, less likely to be closely investigated.
My essential point is that if this kind of thing is done by occult means (cause fatality).  It is in part at least, an occult matter...obviously.  If, as I suspect these supposed rootworkers, (they are into much else also) use poison instead of occult.  Then it is a mundane murder by those masquerading as occult.  Some may wonder why this is important, all I can say is that it is important.

Tags: