Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Chaos Magic, Phil Hine, Peter J. Carroll?  (Read 1907 times)

PixieDust

• View Profile
    • http://druidesspath.blog.com/
Chaos Magic, Phil Hine, Peter J. Carroll?
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »
I was wondering if this would be the right place to post about Chaos Magic, authors Phil Hine and Peter J. Carroll? Are there any forums that are specifically for talking about "gray" magick or left hand path magick techniques?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:44:47 am by RandallS »
~ Hannah ~

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Quote from: PixieDust;110091
I was wondering if this would be the right place to post about Chaos Magic, authors Phil Hine and Peter J. Carroll? Are there any forums that are specifically for talking about "gray" magick or left hand path magick techniques?

No, that'd be the Witchcraft, Hoodoo, and Folk Magic forum (immediately before this one when you're looking at the Forum page), the description of which reads, 'Discuss the practical forms of magic (often referred as "Low Magic") such as witchcraft, hoodoo, chaos magic, and folk magic.'

TC doesn't generally make a huge distinction between white/grey/black magic, or RHP/LHP, so we see no need at all to have separate forums for them.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Chaos Magic, Phil Hine, Peter J. Carr
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:24 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;110098
No, that'd be the Witchcraft, Hoodoo, and Folk Magic forum (immediately before this one when you're looking at the Forum page), the description of which reads, 'Discuss the practical forms of magic (often referred as "Low Magic") such as witchcraft, hoodoo, chaos magic, and folk magic.'

I've moved the thread and retitled it so this is now a good thread to discuss chaos magic.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

PixieDust

• View Profile
Quote from: SunflowerP;110098

TC doesn't generally make a huge distinction between white/grey/black magic, or RHP/LHP, so we see no need at all to have separate forums for them.

Sunflower

Thanks! And that's really cool... I don't see much distinction between white, black and gray. It's all magick, isn't it? It's what the person does with it that may be good or evil. Magick and the source of all magick itself, however, is mostly neutral, I believe. I hope that makes sense...
~ Hannah ~

PixieDust

• View Profile
Re: Chaos Magic, Phil Hine, Peter J. Carr
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:22:43 am »
Quote from: RandallS;110120
I've moved the thread and retitled it so this is now a good thread to discuss chaos magic.

Thanks for moving the thread -tips hat-
~ Hannah ~

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: PixieDust;110218
Thanks! And that's really cool... I don't see much distinction between white, black and gray. It's all magick, isn't it? It's what the person does with it that may be good or evil.

That's how I see it. Magick, like electricity,  is neutral. You can do good or do evil (or just do something that is neither) with it.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: