Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Candle Magick - Personal Experiences  (Read 4099 times)

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Candle Magick - Personal Experiences
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 07:04:30 pm »
Hi All,

I am doing a talk at my local moot in a month, and it is focusing on candle magick.

I just wanted to ask people's personal experiences of their dealings with candle magick - success stories, funny stories, or failings!

Would anyone care to share their experiences with me?! Perhaps some definite dos, or don'ts!? Anything amazing that has happened? Anything funny that has tickled you?! Or even any terrible situations that have arisen from performing a spell.

Thank you in advance :o

This is not solely a candle magic story, so I don't know if it will be useful, but here we go anyway...

Recently, a man tried to break into my home. I live on the main floor of a house divided into suites, an arrangement I as a lifelong apartment dweller am still not entirely used to. (We have a yard.)  My sister just happened to wake up to go to the bathroom and she heard someone trying the back door - she turned on the light and scared him off. After this we were a bit jumpy, so along with buying mundane security measures we decided to do a little extra protection magic.

Having just purchased the Forty Servants deck, we decided to use The Protector servant in conjunction with a Fiery Wall of Protection candle. We also decided to bury some wards at the four corners of the property. So, we light the candle and call on The Protector, and go to bury the wards outside. As soon as the door closed behind me, I realised something: I locked the door.

Neither my sister nor I had keys, or phones, and our neighbours were all out. What followed was two hours worth of trying to get into the fucking house. We propped discarded wooden planks against the building to try and reach the windows - we were too short, and the windows are the old kind that slide up, so there's no real way to grab them. My sister found someone down the road who was nice enough to let her use his laptop to facebook a friend who can pick locks - he took the bus over and tried both the front and back doors without any luck. We then wormed our arms through the cat door and tried to reach the deadbolt - couldn't do it. We grabbed a piece of wood and tried to hit the deadbolt with it through the cat door... also no success.

The whole while the protection candle is burning away merrily inside the house, utterly unattended.

Eventually one of our neighbours came home and we were able to contact our unamused Russian landlady, who asked us why we didn't have an extra key hidden somewhere. (Because I have always been taught not to do that?!) We got inside, and were newly reassured that it's actually really hard to get into the house without smashing our way in!

So, yeah. Another example of things working... albeit maybe not how you'd planned.

Tags: