collapse

Author Topic: Banishing negativity in the work place?  (Read 2779 times)

Ainne

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Banishing negativity in the work place?
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:38 am »
Since the beginning of the year my squadron has had a run of "bad luck" everything is going wrong for us! I'm an empath and when I walk inthe building I feel as if I'm suffocating under the negativity and tension in the building. I'd like to banish that energy, but I need to do so discreetly. I thought about bringing in pieces of flourite and placing them in strategic places in the building, or cooking up a magickal meal - the only problem with that is I couldn't get EVERYONE to eat it! Any ideas are welcomed, thank you.
~*A witch, like the earth can be both immeasurably ancient and forever young*~

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Banishing negativity in the work place?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:57:43 am »
Quote from: Ainne;56123
Since the beginning of the year my squadron has had a run of "bad luck" everything is going wrong for us! I'm an empath and when I walk inthe building I feel as if I'm suffocating under the negativity and tension in the building. I'd like to banish that energy, but I need to do so discreetly. I thought about bringing in pieces of flourite and placing them in strategic places in the building, or cooking up a magickal meal - the only problem with that is I couldn't get EVERYONE to eat it! Any ideas are welcomed, thank you.

I feel your pain. My boss is very...high strung, and whenever he's around the energy of the workplace is very spas-tastic.

Have you had the opportunity to go into the building when no one else is around? Does it feel the same as when everyone is present? I wonder if it is just one (or a couple) people who are putting out that energy. If I go to my work when my boss isn't present, the place feels a lot calmer.

If it happens to be particular people that are putting out the bad juju there isn't much you can do to change them. If that's their natural state then all you can really do is try to not get them wound up and shield yourself so they don't bother you.

If the energy really is stuck in the building, a good energetic cleaning would be called for, but you can't do that when other people are around, as you mentioned. What you could do is mundane cleaning. Wash the walls, wash the floors and other surfaces, sprinkle in some salt to help clear away the icky energy. Remove as much junk, trash, and clutter as you can. You could sweep the floors and "sweep away the negative energy." Play some upbeat, energetic music to change the mood.

Good luck!

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:58 am »
Since the beginning of the year my squadron has had a run of "bad luck" everything is going wrong for us!

You have any idea where this negative energy comes from?
I take it, it was different before. So it would be good to know what exactly you are fighting here.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Ainne

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:15:43 am »
Quote from: Tana;56135
You have any idea where this negative energy comes from?
I take it, it was different before. So it would be good to know what exactly you are fighting here.

It was different a few months ago, by february - March things started to get strained - safety of flight violations (I'm in the Air Force) - as well as various offices who kept doing things wrong which would in turn mess up the entire mission of the squadron - the commander and vice commander are under EXTREME amounts of stress because of these issues, and they in turn put my office under an EXTREME amount of stress, mostly my boss. I'm very inclined to take things with stride and not freak out, but if any little thing goes wrong she is wound up tighter than a ball of wax. But its not only those people, everyone's morale is suffering and we're all burned out. I can barely stand to be there - thankfully the last two weeks I've been in the squadron next door to supplement their manning, and its so peaceful here I love it! But I definately want to help out my own squadron with their stress/tension and negativity issues.
    FierFlye, thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll do that in my own office as it would be impossible to do that to the entire building, its just to big.
~*A witch, like the earth can be both immeasurably ancient and forever young*~

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:57:42 am »

Are you the only one who noticed this? Post a graitude list, and things that went correctly or well.  If you must discuss negitive things, provide a postive out come that they produced.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 01:56:13 pm »
Quote from: mlr52;56152
Are you the only one who noticed this? Post a graitude list, and things that went correctly or well.  If you must discuss negitive things, provide a postive out come that they produced.

That's a really good idea.

I think it's likely that all the people there are 'just' in a downward stress spiral and influencing each other. So it would be best to get the focus away from the negative.

Human is a strange animal, it likes to focus on the negative and dwell on it, maybe because the positive things don't kill you, if you ignore them.

Laughter, being reminded of the childhood (lollipops!) and other nice things might help.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

MarieBay

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »
Quote from: Ainne;56147
I think I'll do that in my own office as it would be impossible to do that to the entire building, its just to big.

I like Tana's lollipop idea. Mmm!

It's a temporary thing, but I found keeping a small jar (like, teeny fancy-schmancy mustard sized jar) of charged salt water in the locker at my old job (where there were a tonne of bad vibes) helped a lot. Discard the water at the end of every shift, and start fresh in the morning.

Another thing I did, and again, not sure if this would help, is I started wearing a yellow ribbon/cuff on my wrist to help remind me to not get involved in that crazy workplace energy. Yellow is a colour I associate with my primary deity, and it's a strong, positive colour. My co-workers noticed the cuff and asked about it, and I told them it was just letting them know that it was there to remind me to have more patience and compassion in the workplace.

It doesn't really help shield you from all that nonsense, or stop it, but I think when people who are tied up in so much turmoil know that you're not going to contribute to it and you're still there for them in a professional capacity, on some level it takes a minute bit of stress off their minds.  

And if that doesn't help, lollipops for all!

Tags: