Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Any Good Oils For Banishing and Protection  (Read 4670 times)

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Any Good Oils For Banishing and Protection
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:31 pm »
Do you know any good oils, besides labeled oils for a certain purpose, that's good for banishing and protection. I want to go back to making my own oils as I now have the money to do so.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Any Good Oils For Banishing and Protection
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:47:42 am »
Quote from: RedHawk;103062
Do you know any good oils, besides labeled oils for a certain purpose, that's good for banishing and protection. I want to go back to making my own oils as I now have the money to do so.

Banishing critters or banishing negative viiiibes?

General cleaning and protection oils would include rosemary and basil - rosemary is especially good for females. Frankincense and myrrh is a pretty oldschool combo. Uhmmm... Eucalyptus. Pine. Lemongrass.

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13:02 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;103065
Banishing critters or banishing negative viiiibes?

General cleaning and protection oils would include rosemary and basil - rosemary is especially good for females. Frankincense and myrrh is a pretty oldschool combo. Uhmmm... Eucalyptus. Pine. Lemongrass.

Banishing negative vibes. I'm only asking this because I have none of my witchy books at my new place. Long story that involves greedy landlady, bedbugs, and feeling that your in the 19th century.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »

Rosemary and lavender are both classic - for good reason, because they both have medicinal properties that banish certain kinds of things-what-cause-illness. (And magical protection/banishing properties often include that kind of thing.)

They've both got a wide range of other uses, so they're things I almost always keep on hand.

Rose is sometimes seen in protection oils (both for love-of-self and because of thorns) but real rose absolute is phenomenally expensive. (If you can afford it, it's almost certainly synthetic or heavily diluted. You can make a little bit of the real stuff go a very long way magically by diluting it in jojoba oil.)

I also like having sweet orange in my cabinet of oils - it blends very nicely with both rosemary and lavender, and citrus also has a lot of cleansing and freshness associations for me.

Hyssop is often used for purification. You often see Vetiver and Dragon's Blood in protection recipes as well.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

iisabelle

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »

I have used vervain for the uses you've described, personally, with what I believe to be good result. It's easy to find here, YMMV.

These are about the herb but...

http://wisewitchessociety.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-herb-a-week-vervain
http://www.mdidea.com/products/proper/proper06408.html

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 04:05:37 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;103134
Rosemary and lavender are both classic - for good reason, because they both have medicinal properties that banish certain kinds of things-what-cause-illness. (And magical protection/banishing properties often include that kind of thing.)

They've both got a wide range of other uses, so they're things I almost always keep on hand.

Rose is sometimes seen in protection oils (both for love-of-self and because of thorns) but real rose absolute is phenomenally expensive. (If you can afford it, it's almost certainly synthetic or heavily diluted. You can make a little bit of the real stuff go a very long way magically by diluting it in jojoba oil.)

I also like having sweet orange in my cabinet of oils - it blends very nicely with both rosemary and lavender, and citrus also has a lot of cleansing and freshness associations for me.

Hyssop is often used for purification. You often see Vetiver and Dragon's Blood in protection recipes as well.

I've heard of blood orange, never used it. Thanks for giving me this info.

Tags: