collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Angels, Demons & Black Magic  (Read 1414 times)

chryseis

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 3
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:25 pm »
I've wondered for some time now; working with ethereal entities from the other realms. For example, I've heard that there are practices that involve the summoning of demons. Now, are there any practices that involve the summoning of Angels or Elemental Spirits - or any other kind of spirit not labeled as demon? For example: I've wanted for some time to learn if there was any way to bind a spirit (of whatever kind) to amulets/talismans such as jewelry, pentacles, charms, books or other items.

And yes, I refer to working directly with the entity - not through a deity as in doing rituals of worship to obtain the favor your God or Goddess

Dark Waters

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 234
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:04:07 pm »
Quote from: chryseis;99944
I've wondered for some time now; working with ethereal entities from the other realms. For example, I've heard that there are practices that involve the summoning of demons. Now, are there any practices that involve the summoning of Angels or Elemental Spirits - or any other kind of spirit not labeled as demon? For example: I've wanted for some time to learn if there was any way to bind a spirit (of whatever kind) to amulets/talismans such as jewelry, pentacles, charms, books or other items.

And yes, I refer to working directly with the entity - not through a deity as in doing rituals of worship to obtain the favor your God or Goddess

 

The use of the terms "Angels" and "Demons" is kind of flexible both in meaning and intent. Generally I hear that when people refer to angels, the mean helpful spirits - possibly even spirit guides. Demons would be the flip side and mean harmful or destructive spirits. But again different people mean different things.

Personally I also wouldn't try to "bind" a spirit to an object - rather I would dedicate and attune the object to the spirit so it acts as a conduit of awareness. You can use it to speak to the spirit or ask it for help, and it can sense you and your needs, choosing to help when it wants to.

That's just my opinions.
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 68
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 02:17:51 am »
Quote from: chryseis;99944
I've wondered for some time now; working with ethereal entities from the other realms. For example, I've heard that there are practices that involve the summoning of demons. Now, are there any practices that involve the summoning of Angels or Elemental Spirits - or any other kind of spirit not labeled as demon? For example: I've wanted for some time to learn if there was any way to bind a spirit (of whatever kind) to amulets/talismans such as jewelry, pentacles, charms, books or other items.

And yes, I refer to working directly with the entity - not through a deity as in doing rituals of worship to obtain the favor your God or Goddess

 
Goetic magic and Enochian magic run along those lines. There's a lot of spirit summoning and bossing around in ceremonial magic, really - but it's all rather intense. It's not the sort of thing you learn to do over the weekend.

Spirits can be bound to objects, but whether or not that's a good idea is another matter altogether. Depends on your ethics, for one. ...and more practically, depends on your skill level.

Have you ever considered studying thoughtforms or servitors? (Or whatever you want to call them - homemade spirits, really.) Those you can bind to objects, and since you created them to do a job it's not some battle of wills between you and a potentially pissed off entity.

Aspiria

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 433
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;99966
Goetic magic and Enochian magic run along those lines. There's a lot of spirit summoning and bossing around in ceremonial magic, really - but it's all rather intense. It's not the sort of thing you learn to do over the weekend.

Spirits can be bound to objects, but whether or not that's a good idea is another matter altogether. Depends on your ethics, for one. ...and more practically, depends on your skill level.

Have you ever considered studying thoughtforms or servitors? (Or whatever you want to call them - homemade spirits, really.) Those you can bind to objects, and since you created them to do a job it's not some battle of wills between you and a potentially pissed off entity.

How do you "create" a spirit? Techntechnically a living thing right?

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 68
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:51:44 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;101194
How do you "create" a spirit? Techntechnically a living thing right?

 
You make it out of energy. It's not a physical thing; the entity is constructed on an etheric or astral level. Most of them aren't made to last - usually they're built to dissolve back into what they were made out of once their task is complete. There are exceptions, but then it starts to get more complicated as they get more 'alive' and independent.

It's not a new concept. I think tulpas in Tibet are pretty much the same sorts of things.

Aspiria

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 433
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 12:34:46 am »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;101200
You make it out of energy. It's not a physical thing; the entity is constructed on an etheric or astral level. Most of them aren't made to last - usually they're built to dissolve back into what they were made out of once their task is complete. There are exceptions, but then it starts to get more complicated as they get more 'alive' and independent.

It's not a new concept. I think tulpas in Tibet are pretty much the same sorts of things.

Are they capable of their own thoughts and such?

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 68
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Angels, Demons & Black Magic
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:13 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;101210
Are they capable of their own thoughts and such?

 
Most of them are more like rudimentary magical robots. So... not really thinking like we'd understand it. (Unless, you know, it's a very complex one that's being kept up by the magician.)

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
2298 Views
Last post December 07, 2011, 09:15:01 am
by Jenett
25 Replies
2459 Views
Last post February 03, 2012, 09:04:11 pm
by veggiewolf
6 Replies
1987 Views
Last post May 23, 2012, 11:29:37 pm
by Annie Roonie
153 Replies
11284 Views
Last post December 28, 2012, 04:47:33 am
by EarthStar
43 Replies
5067 Views
Last post June 18, 2013, 10:48:19 am
by SunflowerP

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall