collapse

Author Topic: A Little Protection  (Read 2375 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
A Little Protection
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »
So, I was cruising around, looking for some things that'd protect some family from an abuser. They're staying in a safe place but he's been following them around and they're not gonna be safe for long. We've looked into a restraining order, but because of some legal fuzzies we cannot get one.

I already have a few ideas for a charm, and one of the people involved is gonna do some cord-cutting and binding on the abuser, but I was thinking of a protection charm or something to give the family. I mostly know what I want to put in, but I was looking for suggestions if y'all had any.

Normally I would have objections to cursing, and as a principle I just don't curse, but if any of you had anything minor that'd scare him off, I wouldn't complain. :ange:

Thanks!!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: A Little Protection
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:12:08 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;152386
So, I was cruising around, looking for some things that'd protect some family from an abuser. They're staying in a safe place but he's been following them around and they're not gonna be safe for long. We've looked into a restraining order, but because of some legal fuzzies we cannot get one.

I already have a few ideas for a charm, and one of the people involved is gonna do some cord-cutting and binding on the abuser, but I was thinking of a protection charm or something to give the family. I mostly know what I want to put in, but I was looking for suggestions if y'all had any.

Normally I would have objections to cursing, and as a principle I just don't curse, but if any of you had anything minor that'd scare him off, I wouldn't complain. :ange:

Thanks!!

If you want to a deterrent sort of thing: thorns, nails, broken glass, razor blades, etc. Any sort of thing that is painful to come into contact with or an irritant. Sudden thought while I'm typing: poison ivy leaves.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:36:55 pm »
Quote from: Allaya;152387
If you want to a deterrent sort of thing: thorns, nails, broken glass, razor blades, etc. Any sort of thing that is painful to come into contact with or an irritant. Sudden thought while I'm typing: poison ivy leaves.

I stuck some black pepper and chili powder in a bag and buried it. Still sneezing. Oops...

Thanks for the idea. I might get her to put a witch's bottle or something in the ground near her home.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;152386

Thanks!!

A snapping turtle skull hung over the door(inside) and perhaps a few bright blue jay feathers over the door(outside).

Of course at my place along with such skulls or feathers, an old spadroon hangs by the front door and a 44 cal. Colt pistol is near the back door not to mention what is betwixt those points of entry.
Muckhswe kee sishet tepe?

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »
Quote from: Atehequa;153019
A snapping turtle skull hung over the door(inside) and perhaps a few bright blue jay feathers over the door(outside).

Of course at my place along with such skulls or feathers, an old spadroon hangs by the front door and a 44 cal. Colt pistol is near the back door not to mention what is betwixt those points of entry.

I like those ideas. ('specially the Colt!;)) Thank you.

I've been saying over the past couple of days that if they were my kids he'd be Swiss cheese, but, uh, they're not. So no shooting.

If he ends up entering the home again (because now he's stalking them) I'll get him with wasp spray or something.

Tags: