collapse

Author Topic: Warding My House  (Read 2904 times)

NCPilot

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 54
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Warding My House
« on: March 10, 2013, 08:25:26 pm »
So lately I've been noticing shadow people in my house, so far they're just pooping out at random and disappearing as soon as they move across a wall.  However, I would like to ward my house to make sure that only benevolent entities are here.   Tomorrow night is a new moon and I'd like to do the warding then.  

So does anyone have any suggestion on how to ward my house and by extension my property?  I'd like to use runes over the door and windows since I feel more connected to symbol magic than reciting poems.

Owl

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 587
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
Quote from: NCPilot;100537
So lately I've been noticing shadow people in my house, so far they're just pooping out at random and disappearing as soon as they move across a wall.  However, I would like to ward my house to make sure that only benevolent entities are here.   Tomorrow night is a new moon and I'd like to do the warding then.  

So does anyone have any suggestion on how to ward my house and by extension my property?  I'd like to use runes over the door and windows since I feel more connected to symbol magic than reciting poems.


I have used pentacles drawn in salt water over every exterior opening.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

NCPilot

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 54
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »
Quote from: Owl;100543
I have used pentacles drawn in salt water over every exterior opening.

 
Do you do it inside or outside of the house?

Sulischild

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 270
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://sulischild.blogspot.com.au/
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:53:09 pm »
Quote from: Owl;100543
I have used pentacles drawn in salt water over every exterior opening.

 
Same, except I'll sometimes use a mix of lavender oil and water.  My family uses it as a general all-purpose cleaner, both in the literal sense and for metaphysical gubbins.  Being lazy, I'll often put the water in a spray bottle and spray the pentagram onto the opening while reciting my little ward phrase.

Speaking of exterior openings, do others take that to mean just doors and windows, or other 'openings' like pipes and utilities outlets?  I generally just do exterior doors and windows in the course of the usual cleaning, but on special occasions (like moving into a new home, during a super massive spring clean, or if there's some particular badness I'm getting rid of) I'll do taps, the phone line, the loo, power points (don't get them wet!) and other less obvious ingress points too.

Valentine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 936
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 77
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:09:43 pm »
Quote from: Sulischild;100563
Same, except I'll sometimes use a mix of lavender oil and water.  My family uses it as a general all-purpose cleaner, both in the literal sense and for metaphysical gubbins.  Being lazy, I'll often put the water in a spray bottle and spray the pentagram onto the opening while reciting my little ward phrase.

Speaking of exterior openings, do others take that to mean just doors and windows, or other 'openings' like pipes and utilities outlets?  I generally just do exterior doors and windows in the course of the usual cleaning, but on special occasions (like moving into a new home, during a super massive spring clean, or if there's some particular badness I'm getting rid of) I'll do taps, the phone line, the loo, power points (don't get them wet!) and other less obvious ingress points too.


When I'm thoroughly warding a space, I treat mirrors as windows, and treat the main water line as an ingress/egress.  I've seen enough things use mirrors as windows that I tend to be careful of them.
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Dark Waters

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 234
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 01:04:08 am »
Quote from: NCPilot;100537
So lately I've been noticing shadow people in my house, so far they're just pooping out at random and disappearing as soon as they move across a wall.  However, I would like to ward my house to make sure that only benevolent entities are here.   Tomorrow night is a new moon and I'd like to do the warding then.  

So does anyone have any suggestion on how to ward my house and by extension my property?  I'd like to use runes over the door and windows since I feel more connected to symbol magic than reciting poems.

 
If you are talking about the full property, warding stones at the corners and keypoints. This would be a good time to make them too, charge on your altar every night from New to Full Moon (or if you have permanent alter, leave on there but add energy during the night.

You can take and cleanse stones, then carve or draw runes on them and once they are charged place them.

In the meantime salt on door jams and windowsills. Dealing with shadow people, and being more comfortable with symbolism, a candle or fire sigil near the openings to bring light and chase shadows.
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Jack

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Location: Cascadia
  • Posts: 3168
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 90
    • View Profile
    • Jack of Many Trades
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 03:06:39 am »
Quote from: NCPilot;100537
so far they're just pooping out at random and disappearing

 
Perhaps you should put out a litter box?

In all seriousness, though, if runes or symbols are what work for you, go for it. You can whip up something temporary using a bindrune - maybe based on eihwaz and algiz? - on post-it notes around the house. That'll give you time to build or make something more permanent, if that's what you want. I've also used those crayola window-writing colors to ward windows and mirrors.

For the record, I've never thought to ward water or electrical lines before, but I have warded mirrors as well as windows and doors. (Then again, part of my warding process is setting up my wireless network, so you can take my process with a grain of salt.)
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

NCPilot

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 54
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:51:05 am »
Quote from: Jack;100623
Perhaps you should put out a litter box?

In all seriousness, though, if runes or symbols are what work for you, go for it. You can whip up something temporary using a bindrune - maybe based on eihwaz and algiz? - on post-it notes around the house. That'll give you time to build or make something more permanent, if that's what you want. I've also used those crayola window-writing colors to ward windows and mirrors.

For the record, I've never thought to ward water or electrical lines before, but I have warded mirrors as well as windows and doors. (Then again, part of my warding process is setting up my wireless network, so you can take my process with a grain of salt.)

 
I may actually ward my house with a Pentacle bind with the algiz tonight and then do the same symbol on warding stones in the next New Moon phase.  I'd have to make the warding stones and then let them soak up the sun and solar energies for at least a few days.  

Thank you everyone for the tips and suggestions!

Owl

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 587
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 10:03:53 pm »
Quote from: NCPilot;100554
Do you do it inside or outside of the house?

 
Inside at the top of the door or window frame.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Owl

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 587
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 10:05:45 pm »
Quote from: Sulischild;100563
Same, except I'll sometimes use a mix of lavender oil and water.  My family uses it as a general all-purpose cleaner, both in the literal sense and for metaphysical gubbins.  Being lazy, I'll often put the water in a spray bottle and spray the pentagram onto the opening while reciting my little ward phrase.

Speaking of exterior openings, do others take that to mean just doors and windows, or other 'openings' like pipes and utilities outlets?  I generally just do exterior doors and windows in the course of the usual cleaning, but on special occasions (like moving into a new home, during a super massive spring clean, or if there's some particular badness I'm getting rid of) I'll do taps, the phone line, the loo, power points (don't get them wet!) and other less obvious ingress points too.

 

Yeah, I add the main electrical in (no water) water in a sewer out and mirrors and chimneys and vents, etc.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Devo

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 346
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 10:49:09 am »
Quote from: NCPilot;100537
So lately I've been noticing shadow people in my house, so far they're just pooping out at random and disappearing as soon as they move across a wall.  However, I would like to ward my house to make sure that only benevolent entities are here.   Tomorrow night is a new moon and I'd like to do the warding then.  

So does anyone have any suggestion on how to ward my house and by extension my property?  I'd like to use runes over the door and windows since I feel more connected to symbol magic than reciting poems.

 
A lot of the time I like to combine my warding with cleansing. So it might be worthwhile to do both :3

I wrote a guide for warding- here. A guide for cleansing- here. Hopefully it's helpful.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Tana

Re: Warding My House
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 01:58:31 pm »
Quote from: Valentine;100568
When I'm thoroughly warding a space, I treat mirrors as windows, and treat the main water line as an ingress/egress.  I've seen enough things use mirrors as windows that I tend to be careful of them.

 
People tend to forget the mirrors all the time. *nods*
I seal windows, doors, mirrors and all sinks, too. (Yes, it does include the toilets.)
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Zeno

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 47
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warding My House
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 09:20:34 pm »
Quote from: NCPilot;100537

So does anyone have any suggestion on how to ward my house and by extension my property?  I'd like to use runes over the door and windows since I feel more connected to symbol magic than reciting poems.


I know sage if often used to cleanse spaces, keep away unwanted energies and spirits. I'm not sure if it'll work against shadow people but it's worth a try.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
19 Replies
2489 Views
Last post June 15, 2012, 02:45:17 pm
by Amethyst
16 Replies
8136 Views
Last post September 27, 2011, 12:26:56 am
by LeaLynne
6 Replies
1008 Views
Last post October 24, 2013, 09:12:27 am
by Dark Midnight
5 Replies
1352 Views
Last post March 22, 2017, 07:58:10 am
by Sarah
9 Replies
703 Views
Last post March 23, 2018, 05:06:20 pm
by Morbid

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall