collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 Sept 2019: $660 donated. $10 more our minimum goal! Let's beat last year's total of $99 more than the minimum!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity  (Read 1126 times)

kala83

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: May 2013
  • Posts: 24
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:08:36 am »
lately in my life things have just been getting super catoic as of late.

I am bi polar # 1 and just frankly I have been getting super irritable over a lot of things. Most of which make no real sense....it got so bad I got into it with my mother last night several times and with one of my closer friends.

Over them and myself basically trying to be protective of me and my feelings toward my boyfriend. And me trying to be protective toward him, it was in no means a pretty thing it ended up with me becoming held restrained by my best friend.

Which made me just frankly even more angry and more up set.

Every day I have been having issues with coping with  my emotions and my stress, I have always had issues coping with these things and its one of the reasons why I am going to therapy.

But I figured for possibly the next week I could try doing something in my life to help clear out the negativity a week long spiritual detox per say.

I was thinking of doing some smudging for myself as well as, energy work with crystals....

any other forms of things I could do...to help with getting rid of the negative energy I would totally be open to hearing and trying as well...also.....I was thinking of maybe trying to do some

I think they are called calming spells....? ones directly towards situations I am struggling with (wither it be actual physical ones I am struggling with or ones that might tie specifically into my  mental health issues.)

and also ones that would tie into certain people that i have had conflict with recently as well.

its a lot to under go...I can already tell that by what I am writing out and will take a bit of planing and organizing for myself .....but I think its a little over do and I feel if I actually puts some real effort into this project it will have good results for me.

 So for starters a quick list for myself of issues I want to resolve and have calming spells for

-issues with mental health (my ADD, Bipolar, Borderline Personality disorder, Dependant Personality disorder, Anxiety issues)
-struggling with making it to both individual therapy sessions, and group therapy sessions.


-issues with friends and family members and getting into it way more then usual

mlr52

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 781
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
Re: wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:52:01 am »
Quote from: kala83;134914


But I figured for possibly the next week I could try doing something in my life to help clear out the negativity a week long spiritual detox per say.

 
Try tapping, a few minutes (or more if you want) a day, mundane but works if you use it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/magnustapping

Originaly founded by Dr. Rogder Callahan Over 30 years in Development
Thought Field Therapy (TFT) provides a code to nature's healing system.

When applied to problems TFT addresses their fundamental causes, providing information in the form of a healing code, balancing the body's energy system and allowing you to eliminate most negative emotions within minutes and promote the body's own healing ability.


Also there is Emotional Freedom Techniques, or EFT, breathes fresh air into the emotional therapy process by borrowing from the Chinese meridian system. While acupuncture, acupressure and the like have been primarily focused on physical ailments, EFT stands back from this ancient process and points it directly at emotional issues. These, in turn, often provide benefits for performance and physical issues. It is dramatically different from conventional therapy practices and that is why it often works where nothing else will.  If you are looking for something conventional, you came to the wrong place.

Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

soulfire

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 8
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.believeinyoucoach.webs.com
Re: wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:06 pm »
Quote from: mlr52;134917
Try tapping, a few minutes (or more if you want) a day, mundane but works if you use it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/magnustapping

Originaly founded by Dr. Rogder Callahan Over 30 years in Development
Thought Field Therapy (TFT) provides a code to nature's healing system.

When applied to problems TFT addresses their fundamental causes, providing information in the form of a healing code, balancing the body's energy system and allowing you to eliminate most negative emotions within minutes and promote the body's own healing ability.


Also there is Emotional Freedom Techniques, or EFT, breathes fresh air into the emotional therapy process by borrowing from the Chinese meridian system. While acupuncture, acupressure and the like have been primarily focused on physical ailments, EFT stands back from this ancient process and points it directly at emotional issues. These, in turn, often provide benefits for performance and physical issues. It is dramatically different from conventional therapy practices and that is why it often works where nothing else will.  If you are looking for something conventional, you came to the wrong place.



I have 10y exp. using TFT and EFT(whose funderwas in original tft classw/ the tft practitioner that  helped me.  I highly recommend either. EFT is more self helpish but there are nuances you may need help w/. I know I did.  I will say it is FAST and easy if you are familiar w/!


banishing neg. is a similar process as M said. when you clean up your aura, negs(as I call them) tend to leave. but if you need help...what resonates?  

music- play religious music/ peaceful music (I keep an old messiah recording-I figure I don't have to agree...)

oils?eucalyptus worked great for me

also smudging, there are poppet rituals... it really depends on whatyou are dealing w/ as to wwhat works.  perhaps that is a placeto begin?
 
SF
\'It\'s the cracked ones that let some light into the word\' - some B movie somewhere.  :ange:

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 67
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »
Quote from: kala83;134914
But I figured for possibly the next week I could try doing something in my life to help clear out the negativity a week long spiritual detox per say.

I was thinking of doing some smudging for myself as well as, energy work with crystals....

any other forms of things I could do...to help with getting rid of the negative energy I would totally be open to hearing and trying as well...also.....I was thinking of maybe trying to do some

I think they are called calming spells....? ones directly towards situations I am struggling with (wither it be actual physical ones I am struggling with or ones that might tie specifically into my  mental health issues.)

and also ones that would tie into certain people that i have had conflict with recently as well.

 
I'm afraid I have no real advice for the mental health issues, though, beyond keep seeing your therapist if you get along. And I can't say I know any calming spells really outside of tranquil home candles, but as for clearing negativity...

I find personally that if there's a lot of negativity in my life, the best thing to start with is cleaning. I clean my house, because I find that a ton of clutter and dust and everything else just makes it harder for me to focus and leaves me feeling irritable. While cleaning the house physically, I will do so magically as well by using herbs and stuff in my mop water, burning incense, etc.

After that, I'll then proceed to do the LBRP and the Ritual of the Rose Cross. I've heard that if the LBRP makes people uncomfortable, the Star Ruby ritual works just as well for banishing negative influences. (I think I read that on The Cauldron, actually.) I am not a Ceremonial Magician by any means, but I find those two rituals used together really do blast out negative energy and then provide a calm, protected space.

After that, I'll usually implement cleansing baths for myself. If I'm feeling especially shitty, I'll usually do some candle magic on top of that to invite more positive energies into my life.

That probably seems like a lot, but I like to keep things clean.

Philomena

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jan 2014
  • Posts: 9
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 02:08:15 am »
Quote from: kala83;134914
lately in my life things have just been getting super catoic as of late.

I am bi polar # 1 and just frankly I have been getting super irritable over a lot of things. Most of which make no real sense....it got so bad I got into it with my mother last night several times and with one of my closer friends.

Over them and myself basically trying to be protective of me and my feelings toward my boyfriend. And me trying to be protective toward him, it was in no means a pretty thing it ended up with me becoming held restrained by my best friend.

Which made me just frankly even more angry and more up set.

Every day I have been having issues with coping with  my emotions and my stress, I have always had issues coping with these things and its one of the reasons why I am going to therapy.

But I figured for possibly the next week I could try doing something in my life to help clear out the negativity a week long spiritual detox per say.

I was thinking of doing some smudging for myself as well as, energy work with crystals....

any other forms of things I could do...to help with getting rid of the negative energy I would totally be open to hearing and trying as well...also.....I was thinking of maybe trying to do some

I think they are called calming spells....? ones directly towards situations I am struggling with (wither it be actual physical ones I am struggling with or ones that might tie specifically into my  mental health issues.)

and also ones that would tie into certain people that i have had conflict with recently as well.

its a lot to under go...I can already tell that by what I am writing out and will take a bit of planing and organizing for myself .....but I think its a little over do and I feel if I actually puts some real effort into this project it will have good results for me.

 So for starters a quick list for myself of issues I want to resolve and have calming spells for

-issues with mental health (my ADD, Bipolar, Borderline Personality disorder, Dependant Personality disorder, Anxiety issues)
-struggling with making it to both individual therapy sessions, and group therapy sessions.


-issues with friends and family members and getting into it way more then usual

 
I think your best bet is to ask the divine/your deity for guidance to help heal, empower, and guide you with these issues, but I don't believe there is a spell that can fix these things. I suffer from many mental health problems also and have found mediation a great comfort and tool.
nyctophilia  nyc·to·phil·i·a (nĭk\'tə-fĭl\'ē-ə)
n.  
 A preference for the night or darkness.

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
wanting to clear out A LOT of negativity
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:08 pm »
Quote from: kala83;134914
...

-issues with mental health (my ADD, Bipolar, Borderline Personality disorder, Dependant Personality disorder, Anxiety issues)
-struggling with making it to both individual therapy sessions, and group therapy sessions.


-issues with friends and family members and getting into it way more then usual

I can recommend a workbook that may help with some of these things: the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook.  My therapist had me work through it some years ago and it really helped me.

Disclosure: I don't have BPD, but MDD with some emotional regulation issues.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
10 Replies
3379 Views
Last post July 16, 2011, 02:23:25 am
by stephyjh
40 Replies
6810 Views
Last post August 02, 2011, 06:30:51 pm
by Nyktipolos
9 Replies
829 Views
Last post May 18, 2012, 03:15:02 am
by PlaceboArtist
4 Replies
1381 Views
Last post July 23, 2012, 11:06:15 pm
by wadjet
10 Replies
1275 Views
Last post September 23, 2017, 05:09:20 pm
by Oíche

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall