collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 24 Aug 2019: $260 donated. Only $390 more needed to reach our minimum goal!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

Author Topic: new to candle magic  (Read 1209 times)

kala83

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
new to candle magic
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:42:24 am »
I have just recently gotten into doing candle magic its not really a form of devenation  I have used before far more used to Tarot Cards, Oracle Cards, and pendulums (oddly with these I keep mis placing the damn things and having re replace them or attempt to try and re find them.)

but yeah candle magic is really interesting lol the conversations I get into with my candles while I do it is fairly interesting to say the least.

growing more and more in first hand experience but its tempting to read up on the subject too, just to learn more about it since I really have soo little experience in it..can anyone help me in learning some basic info...

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: new to candle magic
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 05:51:19 am »
Quote from: kala83;134801
I have just recently gotten into doing candle magic its not really a form of devenation  I have used before far more used to Tarot Cards, Oracle Cards, and pendulums (oddly with these I keep mis placing the damn things and having re replace them or attempt to try and re find them.)

but yeah candle magic is really interesting lol the conversations I get into with my candles while I do it is fairly interesting to say the least.

growing more and more in first hand experience but its tempting to read up on the subject too, just to learn more about it since I really have soo little experience in it..can anyone help me in learning some basic info...

There's a local (well, in my locality) divination method where melted wax (from a candle, why not) is dripped into water, and an intuitive can see the shapes and interpret them. I wouldn't know if there's a book about "this shape means that future event" like some tea leaf readers have published, but there's that.

Usually when you say "candle magick" I'd think of the practice where you light a candle with an intention for so-and-so thing to happen, and let the candle burn down as if it's releasing that magic. Or as votive devotionals for deities that the candle-lighter is dedicated to.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

kala83

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:45:07 am »
Quote from: triple_entendre;134803
There's a local (well, in my locality) divination method where melted wax (from a candle, why not) is dripped into water, and an intuitive can see the shapes and interpret them. I wouldn't know if there's a book about "this shape means that future event" like some tea leaf readers have published, but there's that.

Usually when you say "candle magick" I'd think of the practice where you light a candle with an intention for so-and-so thing to happen, and let the candle burn down as if it's releasing that magic. Or as votive devotionals for deities that the candle-lighter is dedicated to.

in theroy that is what I am doing....but I am also being taught how to read both the candle and the flame of the candle...as in you can communicate with them while doing the reading.

From your own energy that the candles are feeding off of.

I hate saying it but from the few sessions I have done, its no wonder I do have mental health issues and stress tolerance issues. My candles espically the ones that are white and black love toying with me and laughing at my emotions and stress.

the colors I have been using so far would be
-white
-black
-light blue
-light purple
-silver
-gold

I know sort of what these represent of myself and sometimes I don't ....some times they end up changing roles on me where as they don't necessarily represent a side of me...but a person in my life...that I might have some form of conflict with....

at least thats what I have personally been observing for the last few nights.

I see to be really stressed out and irritable lately...I feel like I need to set aside some time once a night to get rid of some of this negativity that seems to be looming in the air around me for my own sake...it does not feel good or health for me to feel the way that I do right now even slightly.

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Lost/Searching
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:43:32 pm »

Conversations with the candles? Thats a neat idea! I just recently started practicing a few simple candle rituals(I think you could call them that) and talking to the candle that I'm burning never even occurred to me. One more thing to add to the list of things to try!

Like I said, I just got into it as well. But information wise there are lots of places to read up on it, both in print and on the internet.

Personally, I spend more time carving symbols into the candles than I do dwelling on the colour or the length of time I spend burning them. I figure, since the meaning of the "spell" (or what I want to get from the candle essentially) is carved into the wax itself I can burn it in short bursts whenever I need to strengthen the pull of the spell.

For example. I found a beautiful white candle (about 2 inches in diameter and 7 inches tall) that I carved inspirational words into and symbols I found online that mean certain things. I find myself burning it for about ten minutes at least once a week during bath time to center myself on the positive things in life. It still calls for total concentration on the candle (while you carve it and while it is burning) but its nice to be able to put it down and come back to it when I need it.

Mikie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »

I have never heard of talking to the candle, but it sounds interesting. I know you have a few questions here that are going to be kind of hard for just one person to "answer". Thinking about where candle magic came from, you know there are MANY ways to practice it. I personally feel (while not all agree) that candle magic has a freedom to it that is hard to find. You have a good amount of control over how you practice it, so don't even forget that "meaning" relative to an offering is a personal thing. Embrace that!

Have you thought about "dreaming true"? It is a form of candle magic that could very well help answer a lot of questions you have about candle magic itself! win win right?

=)

Mikie -

Tags: