collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: let's heal my knee!  (Read 9777 times)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: let's heal my knee!
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;127083
Yet if you are angry you would tell me right?

Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2013, 10:18:34 pm »
Quote from: Morag;127086

holy butt are you mark ruffalo
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2013, 10:20:11 pm »
Quote from: Morag;127086

*cackles* Spoken like my favorite grumpycylon!
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2013, 10:20:59 pm »
Quote from: Sage;127087
holy butt are you mark ruffalo

scruffy short and muscular. that's me.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Fionnbharr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2013, 10:21:28 pm »
Quote from: Juni;127082
You called me a ringleader of bullies, and then stated in the very same thread- in the very same evening- that you think I'm amazing. Unless you consider bullies to be amazing, these are highly contradictory statements.

Fun fact: you can disagree with someone without either person being a bully! It happens all the time here.

I just do not consider things as right or wrong. Some days before bed I get tired of bla bla bla though. Any of you are welcome to take a real conversation with me instead of all this BS where people try to tell me what I have done and said. I agree that the last many post I chose to have fun with it all instead of taking it too serious. Though some of you are clearly bullies and the rest run a longs because of the way you value your friendship of each other. Or maybe it is just coincident that it is always the same group that think they can act in such a manner :confused: For me this is the end of this. None of this will for my part be carried into other threads some of us might engage further a long our paths. Now I am going to bed and wake up tomorrow to a fantastic day. I wish all of you the best...
Grief and sorrow grows on the far banks of the river Styx, go there and visit them and you might not find your own way back home. - Achilles

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:05 pm »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;127091
I just do not consider things as right or wrong.

So there's nothing wrong with all these bullies that you're complaining about, because "wrong" doesn't exist?
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

TheHumanAxiom

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »
Some days before bed I get tired of bla bla bla though. Any of you are welcome to take a real conversation with me instead of all this BS where people try to tell me what I have done and said.

I am certainly trying to have a real conversation with you. But you see, talking about people being hurt isn't BS, and it isn't "bla bla bla" either. When people are hurt, it is important to stop, talk about it, and take it seriously.

It is important that we tell you when you've hurt someone, ESPECIALLY if you didn't mean to. We assume you don't want to hurt people, and we want to help you not hurt people. With an apology, and a "I'll try not to do this in the future," this could have been over a long time ago.

Instead, you argue that people shouldn't be hurt because you didn't mean to. You refuse to apologize, and you get mad that we're telling you that it DID hurt some people. And you're treating the whole conversation like just a bunch of nonsense that people are doing for fun (or because some overlord somehow is intimidating us into it?). That's why it becomes increasingly hard to have a real conversation with you.

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2013, 12:11:01 am »
Quote from: Jack;127061
I have no particular talent for healing work but my wife is a reiki master and does some massage as well. Do you know anyone who does reiki? Some people say that it's compatible with everything and works for everyone, though my wife says there's exceptions. If you haven't tried it yet, though, it might be worth seeing if there's someone in your community who does it.

If you work in a Greek context, I'd expect you to start with Asclepius as far as gods are concerned, right? As far as tarot goes, I'd probably just start with a simple reading asking what to focus on for healing and go from there depending on the directions you get. (I did use runes when I was dealing with a major health issue, if you're at all interested in that direction I can talk about it more.)

I wish I knew someone who did Reiki! It's something I've wanted to try. I suppose I'll be sticking to my acupuncture treatments then, once I can get a ride to another appointment.

If you don't mind talking a bit more on runes? :)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2013, 01:25:11 am »
Quote from: RoselynLibera;127108
I wish I knew someone who did Reiki! It's something I've wanted to try. I suppose I'll be sticking to my acupuncture treatments then, once I can get a ride to another appointment.

If you don't mind talking a bit more on runes? :)

Some reiki healers can do it long distance; I know my wife has sometimes in the past. That might broaden the pool of people you can look in. Acupuncture sounds great, too - how's that working for you?

I used galdr or runesinging when I was preparing for and healing from surgery to remove a brain tumor. At the recommendation of a local community leader I used uruz and laguz - uruz is associated with health and strength, and laguz with water for a healthy flow of energy. Galdr's quite simple to get started in - all you have to do is chant low and strong, just above a hum. I usually repeat the runes nine times because that's a number associated with Odin, but three should be a strong choice as well.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Wildfire

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2013, 02:52:27 am »
Quote from: TheHumanAxiom;127100
I am certainly trying to have a real conversation with you. But you see, talking about people being hurt isn't BS, and it isn't "bla bla bla" either. When people are hurt, it is important to stop, talk about it, and take it seriously.

It is important that we tell you when you've hurt someone, ESPECIALLY if you didn't mean to. We assume you don't want to hurt people, and we want to help you not hurt people. With an apology, and a "I'll try not to do this in the future," this could have been over a long time ago.

Instead, you argue that people shouldn't be hurt because you didn't mean to. You refuse to apologize, and you get mad that we're telling you that it DID hurt some people. And you're treating the whole conversation like just a bunch of nonsense that people are doing for fun (or because some overlord somehow is intimidating us into it?). That's why it becomes increasingly hard to have a real conversation with you.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

OP, I hope you're well! Glad to hear you're getting on in your recovery. One thing I've found good results with is crystals. I don't usually use them for physical healing, although I did successfully use soapstone to relieve itchy bug bites for both myself and another over the summer. However, I think that since they can be so soothing on the nerves, that in itself may lower physical tension and stress and thus facilitate healing. But hey, not a doctor, so take it for what it's worth, heh. Good luck!
"If God, then world."
"Wait, then where did God come from?"
"That\'s not really part of the original hypothesis."

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2013, 03:29:49 am »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;127003
You can perceive it how you wish. All I am saying is that if you wish to keep bullying me for trying to help someone (the OP), then I no longer is going to restrain myself from using the power all of you give me ;)

*rolls on the floor, laughing here ass off- not even bothering that she'll be in the wheelchair all day because of it*

You are bloody hilarious! You think that the people answering you are bullies? You have never seen a real bully in your life if that's the case! People who are pointing out that you are upsetting people and trying to get you to admit to what you have done are not bullies. People who stomp over other people are bullies. People who put others down for their own enjoyment and self empowerment are bullies. People who deem themselves far superior to others because of their problems and disabilities is a bully.

Sound like anyone you know? Maybe you should look in a mirror and, once you get past that 'true colour' glow of yours, you'll see the real bully here.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Fionnbharr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2013, 04:00:31 am »
Quote from: TheHumanAxiom;127100

Yes and I think we shared some great words yesterday. I think you had a great approach. I think it is fine that people tell when they are hurt, I just don't see the need to attack people and blame them for all sort of things (that never happened). For once it is not my fault that this has worked for me and not them, so what is the point in blaming me for finally having success with the process I shared? Neither is it my fault that these people in the past have met others that threaded them bad, that hurt them. Projecting it at me for my experience does not make it my fault.

I think it is cowardliness that so many people hide behind each other against one individual. Whether it is just a culture gone wrong or what it is does really not matter, at the end of the day bullying is bullying. If people are fine with it then fine, just don't tell sob stories about how you once were bullied. Neither do we come further if we care not to listen to each other. If people are set on it is only I who are at blame then there is no reflection of their own actions. This is what I talked about. That you can blame others as much as you will for how you feel, but ultimately we ourselves decide how we feel. Or maybe it is just me. I chose not to get hurt by this behavior from this group that instead of dealing with it one to one attacks in group, with no regard for the feelings but those of themselves or their friends. I chose not to get hurt because I really do not see their hurt pointed straight at me. So if it helps them to get it out by blaming me then it is fine by all means.

At the end of yesterday I was just tired and thought it was more fun to make a mess when that was what people attracted through their actions, me and them. They all gave me so much energy that it only seemed fit that I returned it. One asked me why I at the end of that day gave it so much energy, one of the answers is that it really at that point no longer were mine. And no from my POV it is not that it could have been over a long time ago, it is that it should never have started. If people are set on finding blame then for some it might never end.

It seems we are getting nowhere but focusing on what I did, instead of focusing on what we all did. I spend yesterday on all this and think it is time that it ends (I think that might be the sensible thing for us all to do, to just let go of it). I will spend this day on making it great and be happy with what I have and hope others will get a great day as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:04:01 am by Fionnbharr »
Grief and sorrow grows on the far banks of the river Styx, go there and visit them and you might not find your own way back home. - Achilles

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2013, 04:15:20 am »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;127121

I think it is cowardliness that so many people hide behind each other against one individual. Whether it is just a culture gone wrong or what it is does really not matter, at the end of the day bullying is bullying. If people are fine with it then fine, just don't tell sob stories about how you once were bullied. Neither do we come further if we care not to listen to each other. If people are set on it is only I who are at blame then there is no reflection of their own actions. This is what I talked about. That you can blame others as much as you will for how you feel, but ultimately we ourselves decide how we feel. Or maybe it is just me. I chose not to get hurt by this behavior from this group that instead of dealing with it one to one attacks in group, with no regard for the feelings but those of themselves or their friends. I chose not to get hurt because I really do not see their hurt pointed straight at me. So if it helps them to get it out by blaming me then it is fine by all means.

At the end of yesterday I was just tired and thought it was more fun to make a mess when that was what people attracted through their actions, me and them. They all gave me so much energy that it only seemed fit that I returned it. One asked me why I at the end of that day gave it so much energy, one of the answers is that it really at that point no longer were mine. And no from my POV it is not that it could have been over a long time ago, it is that it should never have started. If people are set on finding blame then for some it might never end.

It seems we are getting nowhere but focusing on what I did, instead of focusing on what we all did. I spend yesterday on all this and think it is time that it ends (I think that might be the sensible thing for as all to do, to just let go of it). I will spend this day on making it great and be happy with what I have and hope others will get a great day as well.

You really just don't get it, do you? No one is bullying you. People, as INDIVIDUALS, are pissed off and angry because you made them so, not because they chose to be. We cannot choose how we feel- it is not a conscious thing. Logical thought and emotion are never together. I am phenomenally pissed off at you, not for anyone else, but for myself. Others are upset by you. On TC there are a whole lot of people who consider the others here to be friends and family, so we will stick up for each other, but that is not what is happening right now. You have annoyed so many of us that we are all arguing back at you because your behavior is so abhorrent.

No one has blamed you for their problems. What they have blamed you for was your shitty attitude. No one is hiding behind anyone else here. You want to talk to one person? Try talking TO them and LISTENING to the answers.

You have decided to go and not post here now? Good. I think that you have said more than enough. You have hurt so many people here that I don't think that anyone will ever respond favourably to you again. But that is entirely your own doing. Maybe if you had apologized, things may be different, but you didn't. But, I am sure that you will visualize this conversation in such a way that you come out as the poor victim who has risen above it all. But, that is in a completely different reality- it really isn't this one.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
let's heal my knee!
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2013, 04:28:00 am »
Quote from: Jack;127112
I used galdr or runesinging when I was preparing for and healing from surgery to remove a brain tumor. At the recommendation of a local community leader I used uruz and laguz - uruz is associated with health and strength, and laguz with water for a healthy flow of energy. Galdr's quite simple to get started in - all you have to do is chant low and strong, just above a hum. I usually repeat the runes nine times because that's a number associated with Odin, but three should be a strong choice as well.

That's very useful - thanks for sharing! I've heard people talking about combining Ogham feda for a similar effect. I have terrible trouble with meditation and other helpful-for-healing stuff when I'm not feeling well, but something more active like this is a possibility.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2013, 05:18:03 am »
I agree that the last many post I chose to have fun with it all instead of taking it too serious.

Lol I like how you keep agreeing with points people aren't making and ignoring the points they are... oh wait nope.

You're being rude on a monumental level and incredibly self absorbed and pig headed. Congratulations you've now reached a point where no one who reads this thread will respect you or take you seriously ever because, frankly, you're acting like an entitled asshole.

Good job.

Tags: