collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: How can I fix a spiritual dead zone?  (Read 5329 times)

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
How can I fix a spiritual dead zone?
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:50:25 pm »
Say that life has landed you in a gated apartment complex in the downtown heart of a thriving city, and after six months, you've realized that something about your home seems to block out spiritual/magical energy.

If your practice requires you to be open to spiritual energy, how do you fix that? And what are the best ways to do so without causing major disruption?
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: How can I fix a spiritual dead zone?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 11:56:36 pm »
Say that life has landed you in a gated apartment complex in the downtown heart of a thriving city, and after six months, you've realized that something about your home seems to block out spiritual/magical energy.

If your practice requires you to be open to spiritual energy, how do you fix that? And what are the best ways to do so without causing major disruption?

Have you been able to nail down the boundaries? Is it the building, the whole complex, something larger?

I'd probably see if I could get a read on whether someone is keeping it nailed down or it just seems to be a state of dead zone. If it's the latter I'd be more okay with just trying to blow a hole in it, but the former I'd try approaching.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 12:11:05 am »

I'm with Jack, it's hard to know how to fix it if you don't know what's causing it.  Is there a morgue or anything nearby?
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 12:21:22 am »
Have you been able to nail down the boundaries? Is it the building, the whole complex, something larger?

I'd probably see if I could get a read on whether someone is keeping it nailed down or it just seems to be a state of dead zone. If it's the latter I'd be more okay with just trying to blow a hole in it, but the former I'd try approaching.

It seems to be gone outside the boundaries of the locked gate to the street, and possibly slightly lessened on the patio outside the building, but I haven't had the chance to see what it's like in other parts of the building.

My roommate has mentioned that the complex was in part designed to feng shui principles; I suspect it was made with the intent of blocking out negative energies from the surrounding area. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to distinguish very well between negative energies and energy in general.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 12:23:32 am »
It seems to be gone outside the boundaries of the locked gate to the street, and possibly slightly lessened on the patio outside the building, but I haven't had the chance to see what it's like in other parts of the building.

My roommate has mentioned that the complex was in part designed to feng shui principles; I suspect it was made with the intent of blocking out negative energies from the surrounding area. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to distinguish very well between negative energies and energy in general.

Sounds like a blanket-all ward instead of just anti-negative energies.  See if you can do some research on the building, the history of the ground and what not.  I've oft found with blanket-all wards like that, it's because something nasty was lurking.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:37:54 am »
Sounds like a blanket-all ward instead of just anti-negative energies.  See if you can do some research on the building, the history of the ground and what not.  I've oft found with blanket-all wards like that, it's because something nasty was lurking.

Research is a good idea--I hadn't thought of that, but it could help. So far I've just been going on speculation.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 12:40:20 am »
Research is a good idea--I hadn't thought of that, but it could help. So far I've just been going on speculation.
It goes to say it helps to know what you're dealing with before you try to deal with it.

Goddess_Ashtara

• Journeyman
  • DINGIR NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Nexion 3127
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 09:48:23 pm »

If you ask me, it is not the apartment complex, it is you.  If you stop believing your apartment complex of all things has power over your “spiritual energy” then it will have no power over it at all.

Aside from altering your perception about the situation, I suggest looking inward and devoting some deep time and energy into exploring thoughts that bring you closer to whatever forces are feeling so far away.  You know, direct your focus towards something enough and it will in some way become a more powerful force in your life.  Also, you might consider altering your environment with things that fuel and enhance your spiritual-religious system and strengthen your connection to whatever forces you are feeling so disconnected from.  Whether it is things that remind you of who you are and who you seek to become, how you seek to live your life, what your spiritual interests and goals are, what aspects of nature and human Nature you do or do not revere, what God(s) if any you feel most connected to and why... to simple things that merely help put your mind where you want it to be.

Your greatest temple is within... but you can alter your surroundings to reflect that temple in whatever way you allow yourself to.

𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨
NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 10:08:52 pm »

If you ask me, it is not the apartment complex, it is you.  If you stop believing your apartment complex of all things has power over your “spiritual energy” then it will have no power over it at all.

I dunno, I think that wards are very real things, and that energy is real enough to be manipulated and diverted, and while I'm not a feng shui expert, what I've read about it makes sense.

But then, if I didn't think energy could be manipulated, I wouldn't do magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 12:12:02 am »

Why is it so strange to believe an apartment complex has power over the magical atmosphere/spiritual energy of a location? It's a set of buildings designed to serve as homes. The home has always been a foundational influence on magic and worship in many systems.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Goddess_Ashtara

• Journeyman
  • DINGIR NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Nexion 3127
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 06:05:23 am »
Why is it so strange to believe an apartment complex has power over the magical atmosphere/spiritual energy of a location? It's a set of buildings designed to serve as homes. The home has always been a foundational influence on magic and worship in many systems.

I do not find it strange at all.  I am suggesting you explore other possibilities as to why you feel “disconnected from magickal energy”, whatever that means to you, and to not underestimate your own ability to remedy the situation.  I hope you consider some of my suggestions and find a way to reconnect with whatever forces feel so far away from you right now.
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨
NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »

So, an update: I've investigated a little and found out that there doesn't appear to be a history of feng shui in the building after all, at least as far as I know. On the other hand, it absolutely is is in what might be a natural dead zone: smack in the middle of at least five different streams of traffic--pedestrian, mostly tourist traffic on the sidewalks and elevated walkways nearby; an elevated section of a major city highway directly above/northeast of the building; a major commuter road with a long history of congestion running southwest of the building; an abandoned railway track running along the road in question; a bay heavily used for port traffic on the other side of that road; a working railway to the north; and a major goblin market (and huge tourist attraction) up a steep incline on the other side of the elevated highway.

There's a lot going on here. It's possible the dead zone is natural as an "eye of the hurricane" effect, or that whoever developed these buildings in the '90s after buying the land from the city and the railroad company put in a general ward to keep the place peaceful, and it hasn't accepted me as a valid resident yet. I'll be investigating once I'm feeling well enough.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 11:00:36 pm »
... why you feel “disconnected from magickal energy”, whatever that means to you....

You express that as if it was a quotation, yet at no point did East ever say that, nor anything that could be paraphrased as that.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 11:27:48 pm »

There's a lot going on here. It's possible the dead zone is natural as an "eye of the hurricane" effect, or that whoever developed these buildings in the '90s after buying the land from the city and the railroad company put in a general ward to keep the place peaceful, and it hasn't accepted me as a valid resident yet. I'll be investigating once I'm feeling well enough.

Is it possible there's just so much movement around it that it's kind of an energy sink?

I think regardless, settling in and creating a semipermanent space on the patio will help draw in the powers you work with. If you try actively making space for them and they still can't get to you, then it'd make sense to try something more complicated, I think .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 06:17:45 am »
So, an update: I've investigated a little and found out that there doesn't appear to be a history of feng shui in the building after all, at least as far as I know. On the other hand, it absolutely is is in what might be a natural dead zone: smack in the middle of at least five different streams of traffic--pedestrian, mostly tourist traffic on the sidewalks and elevated walkways nearby; an elevated section of a major city highway directly above/northeast of the building; a major commuter road with a long history of congestion running southwest of the building; an abandoned railway track running along the road in question; a bay heavily used for port traffic on the other side of that road; a working railway to the north; and a major goblin market (and huge tourist attraction) up a steep incline on the other side of the elevated highway.

I am the furthest thing from an expert on manipulating energies--I'm not much of a magic user--but I react to certain locales and how they "feel," if that's similar. You might want to try inverting your response to this location, a little mental jiu jitsu whereby you try to lock on to the opposite contained within the thing you're feeling (if you're open to the idea that every response inherently contains its opposite; I've been reading the Kybalion lately, in which that's a thing). Maybe the traffic streams you describe can be viewed as an energy crossroads rather than the eye of a storm; a place where forces naturally converge, and the human traffic patterns followed. That could be some powerful mojo to tap into.

BTW, what's a goblin market?
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: