Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Glamour Bombing  (Read 1415 times)

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Glamour Bombing
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:34:00 am »

Glamour bombing was mentioned in another thread, and it raised a question for me.

I'm familiar with the general concept of glamour bombing.

But, those of you who practice it:  Could you expand a little on the specifics of what you do and why?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

keen

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • rotwork
  • Religion: fringe devotional polytheism, animism, spirit-working
Re: Glamour Bombing
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 12:43:35 pm »
Glamour bombing was mentioned in another thread, and it raised a question for me.

I'm familiar with the general concept of glamour bombing.

But, those of you who practice it:  Could you expand a little on the specifics of what you do and why?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I take it you meant my mention?

I never had a regular, serious practice of doing it, but I've done it here and there over the years. Hell, I did it back before I knew what I was doing. My husband even did it regularly for about a year without knowing it: he'd buy bags of small toys from the thrift store and hide them in little nooks and crannies around the neighborhood for people to find. Sometimes it would take weeks for somebody to find them.

To me, glamorbombing is primarily a magical strategy, but it can also double as offerings to genus locii. It's a piece of anonymous art of some sort that's left in a place with the intention to feed spirits, feel human curiosity and imagination, or both. They lift the veil just the slightest bit.

I plan on taking up stickering, as well as maybe making little pieces of collage or art or poetry and leaving them around the neighborhood or under people's windshield wipers. I may combine this with sigil work designed to make the person who found it stop, take a moment out of their busy, mundane life, and consider for a moment that the world is still full of wonder and the unknown. That's why the anonymity is important. Otherwise, it just becomes another PR trick of somebody trying to get famous on instagram or something. "Follow me on social media for more MAGIC! sparkle emoji"
rotwork: on devotion to lesser-known and un-known gods, transplanting genus loci, art, and modernity

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 81
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal