collapse

Author Topic: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?  (Read 2492 times)

Nachtigall

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 287
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36:00 pm »
Quote from: Dark Waters;101260
Does your family and friends know you are Apollonian/Pagan? It could signify coming out about it if they they don't ...

 
We don't talk about my religion (or about religion at all, really), but I don't hide the items like statues in my home, and they are aware of my interest in ancient religions and of the fact that I'm not Christian. So, I guess they suspect something, but it's never been a big deal.

Frankly, I don't see talking about it with them in near future.

Emma Eldritch

Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:19 pm »
Quote from: Polymorphia;100815
What are some dreams you've had recently, or recurring dreams? And what do you think they mean?

 
I had some sort of dream last night where the only thing I remember was a guy looming over me - I think he was supposed to be a spirit or something. He looked, uh... inbred. Like Texas Chainsaw-ish. Anyway, I woke up all, 'buh! Oh, crap, it's four AM!'

I've been having more ghost dreams lately, and frankly I suspect it's because of some of the stuff I've been working with. You knoooow.... getting graveyard dirt and so on... Yeah.

Polymorphia

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 53
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://folio-versipellis.tumblr.com/
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 02:13:03 pm »
Quote from: Jack;101133
I had been asked to play the role of Captain America as the government tried to convince people the Avengers were real. We had two "mock battles" where we went in somewhere with great fanfare and came out announcing we'd won. Brad Pitt was a thief (Maybe Rusty from Ocean's 11?) who was trying to expose the truth and also kidnap people who had "the stars in their eyes" which indicated something but I'm not sure what. He told me I had the stars in my eyes at one point but the government was stealing them from me.


Hmm. When pop culture or celebrities invade your dreams, it can be extra difficult deciphering them. Since I'm not sure what Captain America, the Avengers, and Brad Pitt mean to you personally, it's difficult to say what they mean. However, it sounds like in your dream you become something powerful, famous, and possibly patriotic. As for the government, well, it could literally symbolize the government. Are you particularly political? It could also symbolize a power that rules over you or your life. It could be people, or even an activity that rules your waking life. Perhaps this activity causes you to 'do battle' in your waking life? Brad Pitt could symbolize anyone to you really, so that's a tough one.

Stars have a bit more of a universal meaning. Maybe those people with stars in their eyes are idealists, or maybe they're gifted and successful in some way. Perhaps psychics?

Quote from: yewberry;101135
I had a dream last night that my dog disowned me (which I knew because I just knew, apparently) and ran away with wolves.  No idea what it means, but I can't imagine it's a good sign.


I think maybe this might mean you feel as if some form of love has been taken away from you, or has gone to someone else. It could also mean someone's loyalty has shifted away from you, and depending on how you feel about wolves, it could have been given to someone you feel is not a good person or persons. Perhaps you've been abandoned by someone you love, or will be in the future. You might have to confront this problem and fix it, if it applies to you.

Quote from: Jenett;101162
I very rarely remember my dreams - I've been tracking for about 11 years now (I started as part of my dedicant training in my religious path, and never stopped).

I get about one week out of every 3 months where I'll remember one or two dreams, and maybe remember dreaming at all once. The rest of the time? Nope. Almost never.

My most recent, actually, I can't talk about, because it'd reveal who I'm playing in Alternity (a massive and complex transformative work/deconstruction in the Harry Potter universe: I have hooked several other people from the Cauldron on reading it.)

But it was otherwise pretty typical of my dreams: very complicated and detailed setup, very vivid setting, very specific conversations, lots of background details that made perfect sense to me but are not things I consciously know.

(I've had dreams in which there was a massive real-time in-person roleplaying politics-and-strategy game going on in the background of the narrative of my dream, and there were complex rules that all made sense to me.)

The dream I can't describe above was unusual because I was very clearly the character in question, whose body type is not like mine. It was interesting being taller! Usually I am very much me.

I do occasionally get recurring animals: my beloved horse, long since dead. A thing that looks sort of like a bear with a more cat-like face. Periodic lions (though those are because I have a certain number of Leos in my life, very clearly.) Occasional dinosaurs.

I occasionally dream about people I know, but I more often dream about people I don't, or people I don't actually know in person, but only online. (Interestingly, the times I've met them in person, they're awfully congruent to the dream. Not just visually, but things like voice and body language.)

I also have recurring spaces (though now I think about it, most of them haven't shown up for a while), the most common of which is what I refer to as the Archetypal Student Union, which looks a little bit like the Student Union building at MIT, only, well, not.


It sounds like you have very powerful dreams! Though if you're having trouble remembering, I'd suggest getting a dream journal and writing in it every day if you can.

I often dream about my internet friends too, which I don't think is much different than dreaming about any other friend, unless they symbolize something to do with the internet specifically in your dream. Which is probably possible. As for roleplaying, you might do it so much that it just becomes a natural part of your dreams, or it could mean something else. It could symbolize roles you take on in real life, or a guise you use/might have to use.

I'm not too sure what the rest could mean...

Quote from: Lokabrenna;101167
I've been having "god dreams" lately. It's all very complicated, but I think they indicate I'm about to go in a new direction spiritually. Not that I'm going to be leaving my current path behind, but adding things to it.

It's all very complicated.

I did have a strange dream where some dark-haired men kept trying to touch me and I was all like "eep, go away" and I get the distinct feeling that they wanted....ahem....but I was having none of that! This is actually unusual for my dreams, because usually I'm all over anything that moves (and I do mean anything) in my dreams, but not this time.


You're probably right about those 'God dreams' xD

The dream of strange people touching you might be bringing feelings of violation up to the surface. Or maybe feelings of being taken advantage of. Or it could be PTSD. Only you could really be sure.

Quote from: Nachtigall;101251
The last dream that felt important enough to me to pay attention involved pregnancy as well. I was participating in a ritual, where I was impregnated by some non-corporeal being. I was not meant to be the one that took this part in ritual, it just happened very unexpectedly to me and to other participants - I think, it was a being that the ritual was dedicated to, that made this change.

I remember carrying the child to term, while trying to explain my family and other people, where the baby comes from and who is the father. The dream ended with me giving birth.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. The dream dictionaries define pregnancy dreams as a sign of almost everything, from creative impulse, to getting pregnant soon in real life, to deception and troubles ahead.


I think Dark Waters could be right about this dream. It does sound like it stands for your religion/religious practice, and possibly coming out of the broom closet. Or maybe the last part doesn't apply at all, since you feel as if you don't wish to do that. Still, pregnancy dreams are hard to decipher, as you said. (:

Quote from: Mama Fortuna;101375
I had some sort of dream last night where the only thing I remember was a guy looming over me - I think he was supposed to be a spirit or something. He looked, uh... inbred. Like Texas Chainsaw-ish. Anyway, I woke up all, 'buh! Oh, crap, it's four AM!'

I've been having more ghost dreams lately, and frankly I suspect it's because of some of the stuff I've been working with. You knoooow.... getting graveyard dirt and so on... Yeah.


Oh dear. Heh, I've had ghost dreams for most of my life and I have to say they can be scary. Though for you, depending on your mood in the dream, it could mean a lot of different things. It could actually be a spirit; I'm not very savvy with spirit-work at this time, but I think this is possible. What do you think the spirit feels in the dream? Is it angry?

Ghosts could also symbolize past unresolved problems, or it could stand for something in you that is either undesirable or no longer unobtainable. From the way you write it I don't think it was someone you knew, so I doubt it applies to any people in your waking life and emotions attached to them.

Jenett

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Boston, MA
  • Posts: 2989
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 528
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 04:04:56 pm »
Quote from: Polymorphia;101429

It sounds like you have very powerful dreams! Though if you're having trouble remembering, I'd suggest getting a dream journal and writing in it every day if you can.


This is why I was very clear at the beginning. I have been tracking my dreams for 11 years now. (I do it online, because that works best for me.)

I very very rarely remember dreaming *at all*: if I do, I usually remember the dream (and immediately write it down.) As I said, I remember dreaming about once or twice (usually in the same week) every 3 months or so.

I can say this because I have been tracking for 11 years. I know you meant to be helpful, but reading what I actually wrote is important in that.

Quote
I often dream about my internet friends too, which I don't think is much different than dreaming about any other friend, unless they symbolize something to do with the internet specifically in your dream.


Again, that's not what I actually said that - what I find it interesting that I will dream about people I know online (before meeting them), and *when I later meet them*, their physical self is very similar to my dream (even in situations where I'd never seen a photograph/heard a physical description beyond gender and approximate age.)

I do find that intriguing. That I dream about people I spend time talking to is not surprsiing.

Quote
As for roleplaying, you might do it so much that it just becomes a natural part of your dreams, or it could mean something else. It could symbolize roles you take on in real life, or a guise you use/might have to use.


That's okay, I wasn't asking you for analysis, because doing a proper analysis on it would require a great deal of context for the larger project. I did run some ideas by people who have that context, because it was intriguing in several ways.

I did mention it, however, because it is a dream that defies most conventional methods of dream analysis. Not everyone's dreaming fits into the boxe you're trying to construct in your response to me, and I wanted to make that clear to other people reading this thread in case they wondered.

(Whenever I meet people whose dream patterns are more like mine, we have this conversation of "Oh, people try to force your dreams into the patterns they think ought to be right too?".)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Polymorphia

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 53
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://folio-versipellis.tumblr.com/
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;101439
This is why I was very clear at the beginning. I have been tracking my dreams for 11 years now. (I do it online, because that works best for me.)

I very very rarely remember dreaming *at all*: if I do, I usually remember the dream (and immediately write it down.) As I said, I remember dreaming about once or twice (usually in the same week) every 3 months or so.

I can say this because I have been tracking for 11 years. I know you meant to be helpful, but reading what I actually wrote is important in that.


I apologize. I did read what you wrote, but I wasn't exactly sure what 'tracking' entailed. I suggested a journal since you didn't specifically say you wrote them down.

Quote from: Jenett;101439
That's okay, I wasn't asking you for analysis, because doing a proper analysis on it would require a great deal of context for the larger project. I did run some ideas by people who have that context, because it was intriguing in several ways.

I did mention it, however, because it is a dream that defies most conventional methods of dream analysis. Not everyone's dreaming fits into the boxe you're trying to construct in your response to me, and I wanted to make that clear to other people reading this thread in case they wondered.

(Whenever I meet people whose dream patterns are more like mine, we have this conversation of "Oh, people try to force your dreams into the patterns they think ought to be right too?".)


Again, I apologize if you think I was trying to fit your dream into a 'box' so to speak. Like I said in an earlier post, dreams can only be truly interpreted by the one doing the dreaming, and symbols meaning one thing for one person can mean something different for the next. I was only offering my opinion on what your dream aspects 'could' mean, because I made this thread in hopes of sharing opinions on dream interpretation. It was just my opinion, that's all. I don't believe any two people's dreams follow the same patterns or symbolic nature.

Still, your dreams do sound interesting.

Emma Eldritch

Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:01:27 pm »
Quote from: Polymorphia;101429
Oh dear. Heh, I've had ghost dreams for most of my life and I have to say they can be scary. Though for you, depending on your mood in the dream, it could mean a lot of different things. It could actually be a spirit; I'm not very savvy with spirit-work at this time, but I think this is possible. What do you think the spirit feels in the dream? Is it angry?

Ghosts could also symbolize past unresolved problems, or it could stand for something in you that is either undesirable or no longer unobtainable. From the way you write it I don't think it was someone you knew, so I doubt it applies to any people in your waking life and emotions attached to them.

 
Not angry. Maybe a little "Boo!" but not overly sinister. Right now I'm torn between 'it really is a spirit' and 'you spent a weekend in a cemetery, stupid, of course you're dreaming of ghosts.'

I think I'll be on the safe side and do a proper cleansing this weekend, as well as my weekly 'bribing the unseen things' ritual. XD

Polymorphia

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 53
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://folio-versipellis.tumblr.com/
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:41 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;101549
Not angry. Maybe a little "Boo!" but not overly sinister. Right now I'm torn between 'it really is a spirit' and 'you spent a weekend in a cemetery, stupid, of course you're dreaming of ghosts.'

I think I'll be on the safe side and do a proper cleansing this weekend, as well as my weekly 'bribing the unseen things' ritual. XD

 
Good idea. xD

Scent of Pine

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 62
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 05:09:02 am »
Quote from: Polymorphia;100815

What are some dreams you've had recently, or recurring dreams? And what do you think they mean?

.

I have a recurring dream every so often (maybe once every six months) of a big, old scary house.  I tend to approach it from different directions, or different roads.  I can remember the floor plan, but there are always secret doors and passages.  It's really spooky- dark, dusty and full of old furniture, paintings and odd antiques.  Parts of it are usually falling apart- floors rotted and soft, walls broken.  Sometimes there are ghosts, or strange creatures.  Sometimes I'm terrified without knowing why.  Over time it has gotten less scary.  Two years ago I actually had a different experience in the house- instead of being alone I went in with a bunch of friends.  It was light and bright.  We opened cabinets, dusted and cleaned.  Since then I've had the dream once or twice, but the house is back to dark, just not as scary.

I'm not sure what the house means, but when I dreamed of friends with me I had just started the grad program and there were a bunch of girls who became my friends.  I didn't know it at the time, but they had planned a party for me and I really felt like a part of a group.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:10:54 am by Scent of Pine »

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
1576 Views
Last post March 20, 2012, 03:53:08 pm
by dragonfaerie
4 Replies
3800 Views
Last post June 19, 2012, 11:31:08 pm
by NatureMade
4 Replies
854 Views
Last post October 05, 2012, 10:37:40 pm
by Sephonie Strange
11 Replies
906 Views
Last post September 24, 2013, 11:56:14 am
by Fireof9
15 Replies
1648 Views
Last post March 10, 2014, 12:52:35 pm
by HarpingHawke

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall