Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year  (Read 6293 times)

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2018, 10:30:22 am »
Thank you so much, Ashmire! I know next to nothing about tarot, so interpretation will be tough for me (for example, the significance of reversed cards is...the opposite of what it usually means? I'm not sure). But I love how swords kept coming up in the reading, since they're very much a thing for me, going all the way back to when I was a kid.

As for my past sins...I'll never tell!  ;)

It varies considerably what reversed cards mean, some people have one system and some another.  I kind of go by my intuition as it may not always be the same thing even for me.  I actually have seen some decks that provide a couple of different meanings for reversed cards, such as Blocked or Muted vs. Twisted( twisted might be like having an unhealthy extreme of a normally good trait, or expressing a negative aspect of something ).
 Usually I take it to mean that there is going to be some level of difficulty surrounding that particular thing but the energy of it is still present.

Swords are typically associated with the intellect and air element in Tarot, though some people prefer Swords as Fire, if that helps at all.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2018, 01:33:28 pm »
I'm feeling pulled back to poetry, and to learning music, but it's been a long time and I'm not sure... I guess I'm intimidated by starting over. Has He got any advice? Here or Discord is fine.

Let's see...I went to sleep before doing your reading last night, but I've got everything set up again, so here goes.

Your first roll of the dice is an open treasure box, a music note (two connected eighth notes), and an open eye; your second is a barbecue grill with the heat on, a frog, and a football helmet. Your final roll is a sheriff's badge, an empty seesaw, and a lightning bolt.

The latter two are baffling to me, but the first one seems like it has some potential to address your questions.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2018, 04:03:08 pm »
OK! I put on a Queen album and made a perfume offering, let's load up the app...

Your first three dice are the hatchet, the lighthouse, and the tent; your second trio are the car driving away, the empty swingset, and the doctor's scale; and your final set is a toilet paper roll, a campfire, and a lightbulb.

The first set contains none of my unofficial "Major Arcana" of key symbols with significance to my path (such as the mustache, the crown, the heart, or the microphone), and I am not sure what to make of it. Do the symbols hold any significance to you?

The next two sets are a little easier to read within the constraints of my system--but as this is your divination, my system may be wrong. I invite more interpretations. The combination of "vehicle driving away + empty swingset" has appeared before, quite recently, to signify being left by a friend or lover, so it's striking for me to see that same combo appear again. Are there any other commitments you'd be leaving behind to pursue the sciences? As for the last roll of the dice...the toilet paper roll has appeared before to signify wiping yourself clean of past shame and mistakes; the campfire is this set's major representation of naked flame, a key symbol of inspiration and will; and a lightbulb is a more technological representation of the same thing.

Without knowing more, I hesitate to connect these interpretations too much to your life, but maybe you have some ideas.

Thank you very much!

I'll think about it and probably get back to you tomorrow.

I draw the symbols and I think there's a connection between the three sets, but I still can't clearly see it.

I see three lights: the lighthouse, the campfire and the lightbulb. They may be referring to inspiration and will, in three different states. The hatchet is needed to make the campfire, so that may be a tool I need/have to get to said inspiration.

The car driving away and the empty swingset, you said, means something I may have to leave behind. I think the doctor's scale is the balance I need to find between my studies and my family (especially the kids), or I may need to leave one or the other.

The toilet paper roll makes sense as a cleanser, but I don't know what to make of the tent, although my mind wants to make something of it, the empty swingset and the campfire.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2018, 04:14:17 am »
Let's see...I went to sleep before doing your reading last night, but I've got everything set up again, so here goes.

Your first roll of the dice is an open treasure box, a music note (two connected eighth notes), and an open eye; your second is a barbecue grill with the heat on, a frog, and a football helmet. Your final roll is a sheriff's badge, an empty seesaw, and a lightning bolt.

The latter two are baffling to me, but the first one seems like it has some potential to address your questions.

Thank you and Ashmire both! I am as baffled as you but I'll definitely take the first reading as a good sign. XD
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

raya

• View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »
Okay, last one, at least for a couple of hours.

And for a change, this one actually looks quite positive! I hope it comes true for you!

1st, Ace of Pentacles.  A small start but a good one is how I tend to read this card, usually in regard to finances or security. 

Then, 3 of Wands.  That suggests you've got a little waiting to do for your plans to fully work out, which may not be happy news if you're stuck in really time sensitive situation,  but it doesn't seem like a disaster is looming or anything.

Nine of Cups, this is traditionally the wish card, that says you will get what you are hoping for!

Quote from Bruce Lee: "Success means doing something sincerely and wholeheartedly".

Hi Ashmire - I wanted to tell you that I think you are an awesome reader.  All has worked out according to the cards,  and I didn't even have to wait till end of January.   Thank you again.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 06:58:28 pm »

Hi Ashmire - I wanted to tell you that I think you are an awesome reader.  All has worked out according to the cards,  and I didn't even have to wait till end of January.   Thank you again.

Yay, thank you,  I'm glad it went well!

Tags: