Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year  (Read 6297 times)

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
Re: Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 11:54:43 pm »
Sure!

Your first roll of the dice is a trumpet, a cute ghost, and a skull-and-crossbones flag; your second is a pair of dice (one showing a five and the other a two), an oncoming bus, and a white men's dress shirt with a black tie. The final roll is a pair of shades, a fidget spinner/tri-leaf pinwheel of some kind, and a spotted toadstool.

None of these have any special meaning in my path beyond the obvious (the dice are rather close to Major Arcana, and of course anything associated with music, like the trumpet, is significant).

I will look up how the relate to major arcana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 11:55:03 pm »
I'd like a reading done. Crows, please. Yep, feel free to call on Bruce Lee and whoever else you usually call on for these things.

I think my question is rather specific: I'm debating whether to join Dreamwidth, not just to follow friends on there, but also to start sharing my own creative content and (not going to lie) maybe get commissions for writing stuff; not sure if this could be a good move or not.

Feel free to post here or via PM. Thanks!

Hmm...much as I like Dreamwidth in theory, this doesn't look like the best platform for you, at least not by itself.

10 of Pentacles,  reversed.  A card if financial security,  but seems here to be blocked.  Might be simply because DW isn't easily monetized or protected from theft.

Next, Temperance.  This I usually read as a need to combine more than one approach.  So you might get the Dreamwidth account but not make it your main focus. Also, the book for this deck adds a meaning I've not heard for this card, which is a particular need for long-term focus and perspective.  So you might consider what happens to that blog in the future if it hangs around longer than you want.

And...Judgement reversed?  Okay, that has always been a card I find difficult especially with this for subject matter, but it definitely sounds like getting stuck, and combined with the rest of what's going on here, I'd say you may need to move onto a newer platform, and maybe new methods in other ways. 

Bruce Lee quote: "Art is really the expression of the Self".

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 12:00:31 am »
I wanna know about my goal prospects for the new year!

Here we go. I'm on the last couple songs of Innuendo as I set this one up, so it could be pretty powerful!

Your first roll is a bat with wings spread, a needle being threaded, and a squirrel sitting alert and upright; your second is an anvil, a driver's wheel, and a treasure map; and your third is a peace sign, a balloon floating upwards and away, and two humanoid figures on a seesaw.

Some of these are pretty significant in my path--the needle with thread evokes Ariadne, and the anvil evokes "Hammer to Fall," a pretty meaningful Queen song.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

raya

• View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 12:10:27 am »
I have 4 tarot decks ready to roll for readings here---you can pick from whichever theme appeals to you, dragons, cats, crows or plain old Universal Waite. Additionally since I've finally gotten brave enough to acknowledge who my own patron is here, it wouldn't do to leave him out, so, with your consent I will also draw one card from my Bruce Lee deck (these are basically just affirmations/famous quotes of his), as a sort of additional comment to the reading.  Besides him I also often call on Wepwawet, who seems sort of appropriate to a New Year.

Hi Ashmire - I think I would like to jump in and wonder if you would be so kind as to give me a reading?  I would like the Universal deck please.  Is there any way you can tell me about the time period from now till end of January?  This time period is a problem for me and is important.  Thanks in advance.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 12:21:19 am »
Double posting,  but ashmire may I have universal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.  10 of Swords reversed.  Some people read that as very good compared to the upright card and maybe a bad situation ending, but my personal experience with it has usually been more like getting a temporary reprieve from something you fear happening, perhaps giving you time to prepare, but it still does happen eventually.

Next, 7 of Swords.  A card I haven't always found easy to interpret, but I feel like here it means you will need to be clever and think on your feet.

However, all is not lost, because we have here the 3 of Cups---you have friends, and their support will get you through and in the end you may even have something to celebrate.

Bruce Lee: "Wisdom does not consist of trying to wrest the good from the evil, but in learning to ride them as a cork adapts itself to the crests and troughs of the waves."

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 12:25:57 am »
OK! I put on a Queen album and made a perfume offering, let's load up the app...

Your first three dice are the hatchet, the lighthouse, and the tent; your second trio are the car driving away, the empty swingset, and the doctor's scale; and your final set is a toilet paper roll, a campfire, and a lightbulb.

The first set contains none of my unofficial "Major Arcana" of key symbols with significance to my path (such as the mustache, the crown, the heart, or the microphone), and I am not sure what to make of it. Do the symbols hold any significance to you?

The next two sets are a little easier to read within the constraints of my system--but as this is your divination, my system may be wrong. I invite more interpretations. The combination of "vehicle driving away + empty swingset" has appeared before, quite recently, to signify being left by a friend or lover, so it's striking for me to see that same combo appear again. Are there any other commitments you'd be leaving behind to pursue the sciences? As for the last roll of the dice...the toilet paper roll has appeared before to signify wiping yourself clean of past shame and mistakes; the campfire is this set's major representation of naked flame, a key symbol of inspiration and will; and a lightbulb is a more technological representation of the same thing.

Without knowing more, I hesitate to connect these interpretations too much to your life, but maybe you have some ideas.

Thank you very much!

I'll think about it and probably get back to you tomorrow.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 12:38:46 am »
Hi Ashmire - I think I would like to jump in and wonder if you would be so kind as to give me a reading?  I would like the Universal deck please.  Is there any way you can tell me about the time period from now till end of January?  This time period is a problem for me and is important.  Thanks in advance.

Okay, last one, at least for a couple of hours.

And for a change, this one actually looks quite positive! I hope it comes true for you!

1st, Ace of Pentacles.  A small start but a good one is how I tend to read this card, usually in regard to finances or security. 

Then, 3 of Wands.  That suggests you've got a little waiting to do for your plans to fully work out, which may not be happy news if you're stuck in really time sensitive situation,  but it doesn't seem like a disaster is looming or anything.

Nine of Cups, this is traditionally the wish card, that says you will get what you are hoping for!

Quote from Bruce Lee: "Success means doing something sincerely and wholeheartedly".

raya

• View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 12:57:39 am »
Okay, last one, at least for a couple of hours.

And for a change, this one actually looks quite positive! I hope it comes true for you!

1st, Ace of Pentacles.  A small start but a good one is how I tend to read this card, usually in regard to finances or security. 

Then, 3 of Wands.  That suggests you've got a little waiting to do for your plans to fully work out, which may not be happy news if you're stuck in really time sensitive situation,  but it doesn't seem like a disaster is looming or anything.

Nine of Cups, this is traditionally the wish card, that says you will get what you are hoping for!

Quote from Bruce Lee: "Success means doing something sincerely and wholeheartedly".

Thank you Ashmire - I'm counting on the Nine of Cups.  I'm ill right now and really don't want to spend xmas day at the hospital.  I don't know if it's serious or not but the pain isn't letting up after 3 days now.  At 74 yrs old a lot of things can happen to a body but I need to live another 20 yrs at least in sound mind and body.  My 'universal contacts' aren't saying anything but then they don't always know the answer either.  I don't consider them gods or goddesses just more or less (in some cases) helpers.  Thank you again.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 01:00:39 am »
Let me know if you're interested in such an oracle; I'm happy to share descriptions, images, and interpretations here, via PM, or on Discord.

I'm feeling pulled back to poetry, and to learning music, but it's been a long time and I'm not sure... I guess I'm intimidated by starting over. Has He got any advice? Here or Discord is fine.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 01:53:57 am »
I have 4 tarot decks ready to roll for readings here---you can pick from whichever theme appeals to you, dragons, cats, crows or plain old Universal Waite. Additionally since I've finally gotten brave enough to acknowledge who my own patron is here, it wouldn't do to leave him out, so, with your consent I will also draw one card from my Bruce Lee deck (these are basically just affirmations/famous quotes of his), as a sort of additional comment to the reading.  Besides him I also often call on Wepwawet, who seems sort of appropriate to a New Year.

Hi, Ashmire! (Very nice to cyber-meet you at the G3M2, BTW!)

I know you're off duty for a while, but when you're back, I'd like to request a reading (crow deck--from a birder, there's a shock!--and a Bruce booster is fine). Not terribly specific in what I'm pondering, except perhaps a general "whither career-wise?" that's been floating around for me for a while.

(I keep saying I'm ready for a "third act"--a complete shift in what I do for a living, as I did in my late 30s--but am I really ready? And will I figure out in the coming year what should be next for me? Or should I just ride out my present career path, at least for the foreseeable future?)

(So much for not being terribly specific!)

Posting the results here in the thread is fine. Thank you!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Preyna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christian/Animist/Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2018, 07:06:02 am »
Okay, as determined by a dice roll, we are using the Dragon tarot ( by Nigel Suckling if you want to look up card images)
1st card, 10 of Cups.   A good omen, suggests you can find a good job that will also let you be happy at home.

Next, we have The Heirophant.  Usually I read him as needing to play by the rules and be cautious, but he can also mean that a mentor will be important for you, and I'm really feeling that is more the meaning here.  Possibly, some job training or counseling might help, or you may know someone with insight into a particular industry.

3rd card, Strength.  You will need to face problems and your own fears with courage, but also with tact and humility, and possibly need( or gain in the process) the cooperation of others.

Your Bruce Lee quote: Success comes to those who become success-concious; If you dont aim at a thing, how the heck on Earth do you think you can get it?

Thank you, Ashmire, so much for the reading.  It struck multiple cords with me, the first being that the dice roll selected the Dragon tarot that I... somehow did not notice you listing in the original post.  Dragons, in many wide and ranging symbols, have been popping up all year for me.  So much so that I would be remiss to ignore any of them.  You were very correct that the second card hinted at a "mentorship", that's pretty spot on, in multiple ways, with my situation.

Your first roll of the dice is a parachuting human figure, a fire hydrant, and a lit candle; your second is an arrow strung on a bow pointing upward and forward, a stethoscope, and a magnifying glass. The third is the head of a sinister dragon, a chocolate-glazed donut with sprinkles, and a bowling ball.

Some of these seem to lend themselves to more obvious interpretations than others; do the symbols hold any significance to you or your path?

And thank you, Eastling, for your reading as well!  There are some symbols that are a little ambiguous to me, but I can't help but notice how similar the two readings were, especially in how they relate to the situation!  Not to mention, the dragon showed up in both readings in some way!

Thank you both, again, very, very much!

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 08:08:39 am »
Hi, Ashmire! (Very nice to cyber-meet you at the G3M2, BTW!)

I know you're off duty for a while, but when you're back, I'd like to request a reading (crow deck--from a birder, there's a shock!--and a Bruce booster is fine). Not terribly specific in what I'm pondering, except perhaps a general "whither career-wise?" that's been floating around for me for a while.

(I keep saying I'm ready for a "third act"--a complete shift in what I do for a living, as I did in my late 30s--but am I really ready? And will I figure out in the coming year what should be next for me? Or should I just ride out my present career path, at least for the foreseeable future?)

(So much for not being terribly specific!)

Posting the results here in the thread is fine. Thank you!
Nice meeting you as well!

Okay, this draw seems a little obscure, but I will give it a go, and perhaps some of it will mean more to you than it does to me. 

7 of Swords, reversed.  Second time that's come up.  It can mean cleverness, though I notice the author of this deck particularly emphasizes the deception and theft aspects( of course, crows do steal things, but they're also pretty smart), which also relates to your second card, Justice, particularly with the idea that it's going to be really important that you be honest and aboveboard.

And as I said, Justice comes up next.  I feel like that's tied in with the 7 of Swords.  I trust you aren't planning to take up a career path of crime, but you're a bit old for joining the Police Academy, so I am not quite sure how this ties in, perhaps there are jobs in the Justice system that would be appropriate for you, though.

Then, however, we have The 4 of Swords, also reversed.  That card usually speaks to a need for rest, although it's typically more of a good vacation than permanent retirement.  That it's reversed sounds like you might be reluctant to do that, though.

From Bruce Lee, we get "It is easy to teach one to be skillful, but it is difficult to teach him his own attitude". 

Hmm...Overall, I'd say take a little time to pause and reflect, and maybe if you get offered a job teaching law or a crime/justice-related topic, it's worth considering.   Justice can also have to do with past sins coming to light, but hopefully you don't have too many.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 08:20:12 am »
Thank you, Ashmire, so much for the reading.  It struck multiple cords with me, the first being that the dice roll selected the Dragon tarot that I... somehow did not notice you listing in the original post.  Dragons, in many wide and ranging symbols, have been popping up all year for me.  So much so that I would be remiss to ignore any of them.  You were very correct that the second card hinted at a "mentorship", that's pretty spot on, in multiple ways, with my situation.

No wonder it all seemed to be coming through so clear!  Bruce Lee is also The Dragon, of course!  😀🐉

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 08:38:47 am »
I'm feeling pulled back to poetry, and to learning music, but it's been a long time and I'm not sure... I guess I'm intimidated by starting over. Has He got any advice? Here or Discord is fine.

You'd mentioned in Discord also wanting one from me, but I didn't catch you in time to let you know I would be back to do that.  So, here you go with the Dragon Tarot:

Knight of Wands.  That suggests a lot of energy and enthusiasm to me, but next card is:

Death, reversed...which speaks of stagnation.   So I'm thinking your energy and enthusiasm got kind of tangled up and has been stalled for awhile.

Lastly, we have The Magician, which is a big "You can do it!" signal to me.

And from Bruce Lee: "Be a practical dreamer backed by action".  Well, that seems clear enough.

Hope this helps!

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 10:04:59 am »
Nice meeting you as well!

Okay, this draw seems a little obscure, but I will give it a go, and perhaps some of it will mean more to you than it does to me. 

7 of Swords, reversed.  Second time that's come up.  It can mean cleverness, though I notice the author of this deck particularly emphasizes the deception and theft aspects( of course, crows do steal things, but they're also pretty smart), which also relates to your second card, Justice, particularly with the idea that it's going to be really important that you be honest and aboveboard.

And as I said, Justice comes up next.  I feel like that's tied in with the 7 of Swords.  I trust you aren't planning to take up a career path of crime, but you're a bit old for joining the Police Academy, so I am not quite sure how this ties in, perhaps there are jobs in the Justice system that would be appropriate for you, though.

Then, however, we have The 4 of Swords, also reversed.  That card usually speaks to a need for rest, although it's typically more of a good vacation than permanent retirement.  That it's reversed sounds like you might be reluctant to do that, though.

From Bruce Lee, we get "It is easy to teach one to be skillful, but it is difficult to teach him his own attitude". 

Hmm...Overall, I'd say take a little time to pause and reflect, and maybe if you get offered a job teaching law or a crime/justice-related topic, it's worth considering.   Justice can also have to do with past sins coming to light, but hopefully you don't have too many.

Thank you so much, Ashmire! I know next to nothing about tarot, so interpretation will be tough for me (for example, the significance of reversed cards is...the opposite of what it usually means? I'm not sure). But I love how swords kept coming up in the reading, since they're very much a thing for me, going all the way back to when I was a kid.

As for my past sins...I'll never tell!  ;)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: