collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year  (Read 937 times)

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Dionysian pop culture paganism and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:19:31 pm »
Welcome to the party!

This is where we pool our divinatory talents and tell each other's fortunes for the coming year. Everyone who wants to participate is welcome to do so, regardless of your divination methods or the Powers behind them.

To join in as a fortuneteller, just reply to this thread with the following information:
  • The divination method you're offering tonight (e.g. Tarot cards, other cards, dice of some kind, random playlist shuffle, runes, etc)
  • The Powers you reach out to for your fortunes, if any in particular
  • Any other useful notes you might want to provide about your readings

Anyone who wants can then reply requesting an oracle for their next year from diviners who have already posted to the thread. When doing so, please make sure to specify whether you would prefer a public reading in this thread, one sent by PM, or even one on Discord.

And that's it! This solstice's Oracles for the New Year will officially last through the daylight hours of the 22nd before closing to new requests.

Remember to keep an open mind about the results you get from your oracles. You never know for sure what they might really mean until they come to pass!
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
Re: Up All Night 2018: Oracles for the New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 07:24:44 pm »
Welcome to the party!

I'll be offering oracles for the coming year from the Story Dice app I use on my phone. I've found they are remarkably reliable at communicating messages from my personal god, (the immortal spirit of Freddie) Mercury. I usually roll three sets of three random images, with each set clarifying the former in some way.

Let me know if you're interested in such an oracle; I'm happy to share descriptions, images, and interpretations here, via PM, or on Discord.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Ashmire

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 07:49:53 pm »
Welcome to the party!

To join in as a fortuneteller, just reply to this thread with the following information:
  • The divination method you're offering tonight (e.g. Tarot cards, other cards, dice of some kind, random playlist shuffle, runes, etc)
  • The Powers you reach out to for your fortunes, if any in particular
  • Any other useful notes you might want to provide about your readings

Anyone who wants can then reply requesting an oracle for their next year from diviners who have already posted to the thread.

I have 4 tarot decks ready to roll for readings here---you can pick from whichever theme appeals to you, dragons, cats, crows or plain old Universal Waite. Additionally since I've finally gotten brave enough to acknowledge who my own patron is here, it wouldn't do to leave him out, so, with your consent I will also draw one card from my Bruce Lee deck (these are basically just affirmations/famous quotes of his), as a sort of additional comment to the reading.  Besides him I also often call on Wepwawet, who seems sort of appropriate to a New Year.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Magia espiritual femenina
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 10:22:25 pm »
I'll be offering oracles for the coming year from the Story Dice app I use on my phone. I've found they are remarkably reliable at communicating messages from my personal god, (the immortal spirit of Freddie) Mercury. I usually roll three sets of three random images, with each set clarifying the former in some way.

Let me know if you're interested in such an oracle; I'm happy to share descriptions, images, and interpretations here, via PM, or on Discord.

Interesting! Can I ask for a reading? I'm thinking about studying another Chemistry Degree next year. Posting the reading here is fine.

Preyna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christian/Animist/Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 10:40:54 pm »

I'm going to step out of my comfort zone here and ask away for a reading.  I am currently job hunting at the moment and it's constantly on my mind.  I am very comfortable with anyway in which you would like to do the reading.  Feel free to go with your own inclinations!  Posting here or Discord is hunky-dory~  And thank you so very, very much~

[Edited to remove cause of unintended nested quoting - SP]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:15:55 pm by SunflowerP »

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 10:48:58 pm »
I have 4 tarot decks ready to roll for readings here---you can pick from whichever theme appeals to you, dragons, cats, crows or plain old Universal Waite. Additionally since I've finally gotten brave enough to acknowledge who my own patron is here, it wouldn't do to leave him out, so, with your consent I will also draw one card from my Bruce Lee deck (these are basically just affirmations/famous quotes of his), as a sort of additional comment to the reading.  Besides him I also often call on Wepwawet, who seems sort of appropriate to a New Year.

I'd like to know what your cards and Powers think of my creative endeavors in the coming year. Feel free to do it either here or on Discord!

ETA: I'd like to use the cat cards. :)
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Wanderer894

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Ignostic Pagan/Way of the Dragonfly
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 10:56:59 pm »

I'd like a reading done. Crows, please. Yep, feel free to call on Bruce Lee and whoever else you usually call on for these things.

I think my question is rather specific: I'm debating whether to join Dreamwidth, not just to follow friends on there, but also to start sharing my own creative content and (not going to lie) maybe get commissions for writing stuff; not sure if this could be a good move or not.

Feel free to post here or via PM. Thanks!
I love a good metallurgical take on the phrase "What the F---?"

Ashmire

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 11:09:40 pm »
I'm going to step out of my comfort zone here and ask away for a reading.  I am currently job hunting at the moment and it's constantly on my mind.  I am very comfortable with anyway in which you would like to do the reading.  Feel free to go with your own inclinations!  Posting here or Discord is hunky-dory~  And thank you so very, very much~
Okay, as determined by a dice roll, we are using the Dragon tarot ( by Nigel Suckling if you want to look up card images)
1st card, 10 of Cups.   A good omen, suggests you can find a good job that will also let you be happy at home.

Next, we have The Heirophant.  Usually I read him as needing to play by the rules and be cautious, but he can also mean that a mentor will be important for you, and I'm really feeling that is more the meaning here.  Possibly, some job training or counseling might help, or you may know someone with insight into a particular industry.

3rd card, Strength.  You will need to face problems and your own fears with courage, but also with tact and humility, and possibly need( or gain in the process) the cooperation of others.

Your Bruce Lee quote: Success comes to those who become success-concious; If you dont aim at a thing, how the heck on Earth do you think you can get it?

(Last edit by Morag to fix nested quoting.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:10:03 am by Morag »

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 11:11:58 pm »

May I request a reading?  Posting here is absolutely fine, I’m also on discord rn. 

Happy solstice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 11:14:37 pm »
Double posting,  but ashmire may I have universal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashmire

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 11:31:06 pm »
I'd like to know what your cards and Powers think of my creative endeavors in the coming year. Feel free to do it either here or on Discord!

ETA: I'd like to use the cat cards. :)

Hmm.  You may actually run into some trouble here.  King of Swords, can mean someone with a lot of ideas, but usually he's a pretty harsh critic and feels like a personality at odds with what I know of you.

Then we have The Devil, generally NOT a good omen, though maybe you with your Dionysian side may get some use out of it.  Just be careful in doing so.

Finally, 9 of Wands suggests perseverance through difficulties, so at least we are not without some hope.  And you get two Lee quotes because a second one fell out of the deck. 

I drew "Eliminate 'not clear' thinking and function from your root."  Second card that turned up on accident, may make more sense to you than me , "Knowledge is fixed in time whereas knowing is continual".

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 11:32:54 pm »
Interesting! Can I ask for a reading? I'm thinking about studying another Chemistry Degree next year. Posting the reading here is fine.

OK! I put on a Queen album and made a perfume offering, let's load up the app...

Your first three dice are the hatchet, the lighthouse, and the tent; your second trio are the car driving away, the empty swingset, and the doctor's scale; and your final set is a toilet paper roll, a campfire, and a lightbulb.

The first set contains none of my unofficial "Major Arcana" of key symbols with significance to my path (such as the mustache, the crown, the heart, or the microphone), and I am not sure what to make of it. Do the symbols hold any significance to you?

The next two sets are a little easier to read within the constraints of my system--but as this is your divination, my system may be wrong. I invite more interpretations. The combination of "vehicle driving away + empty swingset" has appeared before, quite recently, to signify being left by a friend or lover, so it's striking for me to see that same combo appear again. Are there any other commitments you'd be leaving behind to pursue the sciences? As for the last roll of the dice...the toilet paper roll has appeared before to signify wiping yourself clean of past shame and mistakes; the campfire is this set's major representation of naked flame, a key symbol of inspiration and will; and a lightbulb is a more technological representation of the same thing.

Without knowing more, I hesitate to connect these interpretations too much to your life, but maybe you have some ideas.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 11:33:30 pm »

I wanna know about my goal prospects for the new year!

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 11:38:15 pm »

Your first roll of the dice is a parachuting human figure, a fire hydrant, and a lit candle; your second is an arrow strung on a bow pointing upward and forward, a stethoscope, and a magnifying glass. The third is the head of a sinister dragon, a chocolate-glazed donut with sprinkles, and a bowling ball.

Some of these seem to lend themselves to more obvious interpretations than others; do the symbols hold any significance to you or your path?

(Last edit by Morag to fix nested quote code.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:10:49 am by Morag »
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 11:53:43 pm »
May I request a reading?  Posting here is absolutely fine, I’m also on discord rn. 

Happy solstice

Sure!

Your first roll of the dice is a trumpet, a cute ghost, and a skull-and-crossbones flag; your second is a pair of dice (one showing a five and the other a two), an oncoming bus, and a white men's dress shirt with a black tie. The final roll is a pair of shades, a fidget spinner/tri-leaf pinwheel of some kind, and a spotted toadstool.

None of these have any special meaning in my path beyond the obvious (the dice are rather close to Major Arcana, and of course anything associated with music, like the trumpet, is significant).
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Tags: