collapse

Author Topic: Deck Collecting  (Read 2558 times)

AthenaiiseSofia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 196
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
Re: Deck Collecting
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »
Quote from: Freesia;140752

If anyone has any cool card experiences or knows of some decks that are just out of this world beautiful and not to be passed up let me know.

 
I'm not familiar with the decks you have mentioned, but I understand your tarot love. =) I only have three decks right now, but I'm picky about the art and symbolism, too. My three are fairly similar. I gravitate towards graphic design artwork. My first was The Legacy of the Divine Tarot by Ciro Marchetti. It's beautiful, the colors are so vivid and the symbolism is wonderful. My second deck was The Witch's Tarot. I found it at a Barnes and Noble- I know, so mystical huh? But the deck is based off of traditional artwork, but it's very pretty. My most recent deck was the Steampunk Tarot. It's pretty neat- unorthodox, I know, but I love it. It's got this dark, brooding beauty to it.
I use the Legacy deck for personal readings, the Witch's deck for females, and the Steampunk for males. But all three are very close to my heart. =) I can't wait to add more!
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

Freesia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2014
  • Posts: 231
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Collecting
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 04:11:18 am »
Quote from: AthenaiiseSofia;142652
My most recent deck was the Steampunk Tarot. It's pretty neat- unorthodox, I know, but I love it. It's got this dark, brooding beauty to it.

 
I'd like to add a Steampunk deck to my collection someday. I had to stop collecting for right now. I've been very sick and out of work for weeks because of school obligations and illness. I just can't justify another card deck purchase until I pay off my semester and start working normal hours again.

I do have a list of decks I really like and at the top is The Fallen Angels Oracle. I wanted to avoid angel depictions, but I love the mortuary scenes.

AthenaiiseSofia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 196
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
Re: Deck Collecting
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »
Quote from: Freesia;142809
I'd like to add a Steampunk deck to my collection someday. I had to stop collecting for right now. I've been very sick and out of work for weeks because of school obligations and illness. I just can't justify another card deck purchase until I pay off my semester and start working normal hours again.

I do have a list of decks I really like and at the top is The Fallen Angels Oracle. I wanted to avoid angel depictions, but I love the mortuary scenes.

 
Yeah I understand. I'd love to keep collecting, but money sucks so I can't =(
I would recommend the Steampunk for sure. The artwork itself is just so neat, and they're responsive cards, in my opinion.
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

Freesia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2014
  • Posts: 231
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Collecting
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »
Quote from: AthenaiiseSofia;142853
Yeah I understand. I'd love to keep collecting, but money sucks so I can't =(
I would recommend the Steampunk for sure. The artwork itself is just so neat, and they're responsive cards, in my opinion.

 
There are other Steampunk themed decks coming out this year I think. I'm waiting on that theme to find the one I really like. There is a Welsh themed one that I'd really like too. I also want to break away from the common suits: cups, wands, swords, pentacles.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
1916 Views
Last post July 16, 2011, 06:51:15 pm
by OpenHands
50 Replies
5977 Views
Last post February 15, 2012, 08:12:20 am
by Faylie
9 Replies
4254 Views
Last post July 04, 2013, 12:30:24 am
by heatherfeather
9 Replies
2206 Views
Last post December 11, 2011, 01:50:53 pm
by PhantomQueen
6 Replies
1303 Views
Last post August 17, 2011, 07:17:00 am
by Shawnee

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall