collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Information on Divination other than Tarot  (Read 2138 times)

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Information on Divination other than Tarot
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:32:18 pm »
Can anyone recommend some websites and/or books on other divination tools besides tarot? So far I haven't had great luck with it, though I'm also considering oracle decks and perhaps trying some other tarot decks eventually. Feel free to suggest tarot sources too, but I'm trying to consider that tarot may just not be for me.

Also, suggestions or sources on increasing openness, focus, and/or accuracy?
Finding the Secret Places This is my new blog

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Information on Divination other than Tarot
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;67933

Have you browsed this sub-forum already?
There are quite a few threads that concern other oracles.

Also: http://www.lenormand.eu/
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:47 pm »
Quote from: Tana;68037
Have you browsed this sub-forum already?
There are quite a few threads that concern other oracles.

Also: http://www.lenormand.eu/

I started browsing ^^" but I tend not to go past page two. Sorry, thanks for the link

Nomadic Spirit

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »
Can anyone recommend some websites and/or books on other divination tools besides tarot? So far I haven't had great luck with it, though I'm also considering oracle decks and perhaps trying some other tarot decks eventually. Feel free to suggest tarot sources too, but I'm trying to consider that tarot may just not be for me.

In my experience, divination tools are only as accurate as the type of energy you have and intention you have when using them. However, I have had quite the relationship with Tarot. If regular Tarot cards do not seem to click with you, I highly recommend giving the Osho Zen Tarot deck a shot. Short of Tarot, I have practiced the I Ching and used oracle cards. I plan on practicing scrying, it seems like a relaxing form of divination, though haven't done it yet. I personally have never delved into the following, however, if Tarot is not your forte, there are numerous other forms of divination I have heard of such as:

. Runes
. Pendulums
. Astrology
. Palmistry
. Dream Interpretation

...and some interesting forms to say the least here: http://www.skepdic.com/divinati.html

...can't get bored with the list above! Some sound a bit comical, however, it is possible to use anything during divination. Just remember, your energy and intention has everything to do with a reading of any kind.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 02:19:02 pm »
Quote from: Nomadic Spirit;68219

. Runes
. Pendulums
. Astrology
. Palmistry
. Dream Interpretation

Food for thought:

These are a few of my favorites. :)

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 05:17:13 pm »

My sister's tool of choice is the pendulum, and her readings with it are so good that they can be creepy.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 05:32:08 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;70093
My sister's tool of choice is the pendulum, and her readings with it are so good that they can be creepy.

Ya know, I never really got a feel for pendulums. I have one, but I always feel like there's a sort of confusion over where the information is coming from. I dunno, I'm not sure how to explain it. Perhaps I just never gave it enough of a chance lol

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 05:33:14 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;70058
Food for thought:

These are a few of my favorites. :)

Do you have any information on hydromancy or scrying?

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 12:20:08 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;70097
Do you have any information on hydromancy or scrying?

Sorry for the delay, been a pretty hectic week.

Hydromancy is divination by use of water. There are a lot of different methods, some of the most common being watching the wave movements in a body of water (lake, pond, river, creek, I've even heard a bathtub can work). It can be in how rainwater flows around sticks. Depends on the resource you look to, and your own experiences/intuition. Personally, I tend to watch currents in the street or in rivers more often than I watch a still body of water.

Scrying is a term used sometimes for when a person uses a crystal ball. Basically, you let your gaze go out of focus while looking at it, try to drift into a trance-state, and let the images come to you through the crystal. I prefer to use a mirror with a thin layer of water over its surface. The same thing can be done using a lake's surface or even a window at night. Some kind of semi-reflective surface that allows you to drift into a more receptive state and 'speaks' to you.

I'm sorry I couldn't really explain it better, I've had a head cold for 2 days and I'm kind of floating off mentally in a funny way. :whis:

If you have more questions, let me know. :)

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 01:49:12 am »
Quote from: Laveth;70687
Sorry for the delay, been a pretty hectic week.

Scrying is a term used sometimes for when a person uses a crystal ball. Basically, you let your gaze go out of focus while looking at it, try to drift into a trance-state, and let the images come to you through the crystal. I prefer to use a mirror with a thin layer of water over its surface. The same thing can be done using a lake's surface or even a window at night. Some kind of semi-reflective surface that allows you to drift into a more receptive state and 'speaks' to you.

I'm sorry I couldn't really explain it better, I've had a head cold for 2 days and I'm kind of floating off mentally in a funny way. :whis:

If you have more questions, let me know. :)

Ah I'm such a dweeb sometimes. Scrying can be done using a bowl as well. :) My preferred method, I have a shallow black clay bowl I use with about 1/2 inch of water in it.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:23:28 am »
Quote from: Laveth;70694
Ah I'm such a dweeb sometimes. Scrying can be done using a bowl as well. :) My preferred method, I have a shallow black clay bowl I use with about 1/2 inch of water in it.

It can also be done using a mirror.  ;)
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 07:01:12 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;70903
It can also be done using a mirror.  ;)

I keep seeing suggestions that round or oval mirrors are best and that you shouldn't see your reflection. What's up with that?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;71016
I keep seeing suggestions that round or oval mirrors are best and that you shouldn't see your reflection. What's up with that?

I'm not sure if this is a standard explanation, but I find a round mirror works better because of the lack of a hard "edge".  

If I can see my own reflection, it's distracting and I don't scry as well.

YMMV, as always.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 12:15:11 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;71016

Traditionally, the moon should be reflected in the mirror. But darkness or a candle works just as well. Seeing your own face in the mirror kind of sounds more like Narcissus than scrying.. :p

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:14 am »
Quote from: Laveth;71071
Traditionally, the moon should be reflected in the mirror. But darkness or a candle works just as well. Seeing your own face in the mirror kind of sounds more like Narcissus than scrying.. :p

lol that's funny XD I certainly don't want to be Narcissus :whis: I'll try water in a bowl first, can't seem to find any round mirrors around here XD I suppose the same stuff about darkness and candles or the moon would apply there too?

Tags: