Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: How do you tell if something is a vision?  (Read 1352 times)

tue2day

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
How do you tell if something is a vision?
« on: August 13, 2015, 08:34:33 pm »
So the other day I was talking to a friend I had made at work and when she left I got this very vivid image of her in in a certain situation that I originally thought was just a weird day dream caused by the conversation but as it turned out today that very situation happened and I just feel like if I knew what it was when it happened I may have been able to do something about it I dunno
It may just be guilt talking but I haven't had anything vision like since I was a kid and if it's gonna start happening again I'd like to at least know when they happen.

Tl; dr how do I tell when something is a vision vs a day dream or something of the like?

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: How do you tell if something is a vision?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 05:35:39 pm »
Quote from: tue2day;178705
So the other day I was talking to a friend I had made at work and when she left I got this very vivid image of her in in a certain situation that I originally thought was just a weird day dream caused by the conversation but as it turned out today that very situation happened and I just feel like if I knew what it was when it happened I may have been able to do something about it I dunno
It may just be guilt talking but I haven't had anything vision like since I was a kid and if it's gonna start happening again I'd like to at least know when they happen.

Tl; dr how do I tell when something is a vision vs a day dream or something of the like?

Start with taking notes AS YOU HAVE these images.  Check for confirmation bias.  Did things happen as you saw, or was it /vaguely similar enough/ that the daydream changed in memory?  We're very good at rewriting memory to make vague thing X look like vague thing Y, so unless you take notes at the time, there's no way to know what's actual and what's confirmation bias.

Also, guilt isn't reasonable - if you had no reason to think it was real, why would you intervene?  It's only reasonable if you had legitimate reason to believe you were seeing a potential future.  Take notes.  verify.  THEN you can do things to intervene, if you think that's the right choice.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: How do you tell if something is a vision?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:14:00 am »
Quote from: tue2day;178705

Whenever I've had similar "visions" of things that may happen in the near future, it's usually not something I could do anything about anyway. Out of my hands, out of my ability to affect, and it generally happens in a time frame where I couldn't reach out to them in time even if I knew exactly what it was I had to shift in order to affect it.

But as for how to tell if it's a dream or something more, after awhile you'll probably start to notice the difference in its feeling or the vividness of it. .

Tags: