Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Help with interpreting a bird omen.  (Read 1809 times)

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Help with interpreting a bird omen.
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:38 am »
I'm not sure how many people here are experienced with augury/bird signs, but last week I got a really odd omen from three crows. The first crow was staring at me with that "LISTEN TO ME" feeling I get whenever it's a genuine sign.

For those who don't want to read my rambling, here's what I've tried to figure out:

[...] Something I think is bad (one crow) is actually going to be good (second crow joining it). Two crows might also mean that I might find something [...]. On going back, I saw three crows (a significant event for a girl), and whether real or imagined, I "felt" the presence of a fourth (significant event for a boy).

The first crow's part might have happened already--my boss hired YET ANOTHER EMPLOYEE out of kindness when we're already over-staffed enough that I can only properly work two days a week.

When I saw Spring Awakening, the performance was overshadowed by my finding out that four cast-members attend the school that the director used to teach at. Which is my own high school's rival. (LOL COMMUNITY THEATER.)

Both times have sparked profuse mental profanity.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:35:49 am by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
Re: Help with interpreting a bird omen.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:38:16 pm »
Quote from: Sharysa;59495
The first part might mean that something I think is bad (one crow) is actually going to be good (second crow joining it). Two crows might also mean that I might find something, according to this blog. On going back, I saw three crows (a significant event for a girl), and whether real or imagined, I "felt" the presence of a fourth (significant event for a boy).

Quote from your blog.  I don't know anything about direct augery, all I can go by is how you see it.  Here goes:

I don't think the single crow is significant in and of itself.  It was just waiting for the second to scare you.  So something scary/startling will turn out to be joyful.

The return trip with your dog, places this as a different time/place frame, but related because it was in the same area.  You kept expecting a 4th crow to show up, you were expecting a boy.  But it never showed up.  I'd see this as you're expecting a guy related to the joy, but he doesn't show up.  I don't know if the girl is there as an alternate to the guy, or there just as setup for the not-guy.  I'm leaning toward the latter.

Maybe you'll get invited to an unexpected wedding, but the groom will get cold feet.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help with interpreting a bird omen.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:00:40 am »
Quote from: drekfletch;60559
The return trip with your dog, places this as a different time/place frame, but related because it was in the same area.  You kept expecting a 4th crow to show up, you were expecting a boy.  But it never showed up.  I'd see this as you're expecting a guy related to the joy, but he doesn't show up. I don't know if the girl is there as an alternate to the guy, or there just as setup for the not-guy.  I'm leaning toward the latter.

Well, I recently went through a "repressed teenage emotions" ordeal where I really wanted to land my dream role, and I somehow got the idea that I'd meet my soul-mate among the cast. Three months and a whole lot of confusion later, turns out that my fixation on an imaginary guy was just the gods' way of getting me to comprehend the idea of healthy relationships.

Also, at least part of the omen was not what anyone would expect.

I got a really good car for 1900$. It's a 2008 Ford Focus, and the guy sold it to me for that much because he's getting married AND he's moving.

It still feels like I've only gotten the "first half" of the omen--having a car dropped into my lap, as denoted by the two crows. The wedding aspect is cool, but things still don't feel complete yet.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:01:04 am by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Tags: