collapse

Author Topic: Help Finding a Tarot Spread  (Read 2200 times)

Talariq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Heathen
Help Finding a Tarot Spread
« on: August 10, 2020, 01:40:29 am »
This may be a long shot, but I'm looking for a specific tarot spread I saw on the Billy Brujo YouTube channel a few years back. The channel has been purged, and I can't seem to find the spread anywhere else online.

It was done on a large circular table, took multiple steps, and was very long and detailed. I don't remember many details, but I THINK the idea was that there was an indicator card, you dealt in a circle until you reached that card, read what you had dealt, then reshuffled and dealt again multiple times.

The only other detail I remember was that it MAY have had something to do with the Thoth tarot or Golden Dawn, although that may just have been the deck he used.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
"Your focus determines your reality."

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Help Finding a Tarot Spread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 12:58:05 pm »
This may be a long shot, but I'm looking for a specific tarot spread I saw on the Billy Brujo YouTube channel a few years back. The channel has been purged, and I can't seem to find the spread anywhere else online.

It was done on a large circular table, took multiple steps, and was very long and detailed. I don't remember many details, but I THINK the idea was that there was an indicator card, you dealt in a circle until you reached that card, read what you had dealt, then reshuffled and dealt again multiple times.

The only other detail I remember was that it MAY have had something to do with the Thoth tarot or Golden Dawn, although that may just have been the deck he used.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Let's see what we can get.

CLUES:
  • Indicator Card
  • Tarot is dealt in a circle
  • Reshuffle, then redeal
There's a couple of spreads that fulfill the first two clues, but the last one is something that I'm having trouble with.

According to this source, there are two spreads that would apply to this (except they do not explicitly state the last clue): The Year Ahead Circular Spread and the Zodiac Circular Spread.

I looked at several other pages' worth of Google search results, but other circular spreads are alternatives of the above two that I mentioned. In regards to the spread Billy did, it may very well be that Billy devised this spread himself, and thus it is unique to him.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go