Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Dream interpretations and Astral projection  (Read 1495 times)

feigi

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Dream interpretations and Astral projection
« on: August 13, 2014, 03:46:51 am »
I've never really had a dream like this before so I will do my best at explaining it.

I think I fell asleep inside my dream, though I didn't notice at first. I had a very emotional dream that I won't go into detail about. I knew I was dreaming then, but it was a different "atmosphere" than my normal dreams. It was dark yet lit up as if lightening struck but there was no lightening, (if that makes sense) and everything felt more surreal than usual.

Eventually I woke up from this dream and thought I was awake. I regularly have a problem with sleep paralysis so it didn't shock me when it happened, but this time was different. Usually I hear voices and see figures crawling up on my bed but there were none of that. I felt something grab my ankle and start to pull me off the foot of the bed. (This is the second time this has ever happened and they've both occurred in the same week) I would normally panic and try to shake myself out of the paralysis but I didn't this time. Something told me to just let it happen so I focused all my energy on breathing and trying to look up at the ceiling.

As soon as my eyes locked on the ceiling I felt myself lift up. My body felt strange, I was heavy but weightless at the same time. I floated on my back upwards and towards my bedroom door but before I exited the room I felt very afraid so I glided back down to my bed. As I sat in my bed I could see my shadow. I had very long braided pigtails which I am not sure why that stuck out to me but that's not how I'm wearing my hair. Finally I woke up.

I have been practicing lucid dreaming and astral projection for a few weeks now but I'm not very good at it. I've never had an experience like this and I was wondering if I had successfully travelled? Though it wasn't very far.

Another thing to note is that when I woke up I had an image burned into my eyes, as if I were staring into a light. It was a circle, glowing red with intricate designs inside of it.
Does anyone know why I saw this?

Please share your own stories of lucid or weird dreams and OOBE. I find this stuff so fascinating.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Dream interpretations and Astral projection
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:44:37 am »
Quote from: feigi;155556
I've never really had a dream like this before so I will do my best at explaining it.

I think I fell asleep inside my dream, though I didn't notice at first. I had a very emotional dream that I won't go into detail about. I knew I was dreaming then, but it was a different "atmosphere" than my normal dreams.

I've had dreams within dreams before (I call them Inception dreams). I had one a couple of nights ago, in fact. I woke up from a dream inside my original dream. The second level dream was lucid, the original dream was not. I do think it's about levels of our subconsciousness, because my second level dream was much more emotional and symbolic then the first level dream. All of my second level dreams have involved water, it's either flooding or I'm drowning. Then I 'wake up' back into my dream.

I've had sleep paralysis once, again with a dream that involved water. But I had one particular dream that freaked me out more than that because I was in a lucid dream that I couldn't wake up from. I'd close my eyes in the dream, will myself awake, open them...and still be in the dream. This happened five times and felt like an hour. It was maddening.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Aett of Cups

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bookofspirals.com
Re: Dream interpretations and Astral projection
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:07:38 pm »
Quote from: feigi;155556

I think I fell asleep inside my dream, though I didn't notice at first. I had a very emotional dream that I won't go into detail about. I knew I was dreaming then, but it was a different "atmosphere" than my normal dreams. It was dark yet lit up as if lightening struck but there was no lightening, (if that makes sense) and everything felt more surreal than usual.

Eventually I woke up from this dream and thought I was awake. I regularly have a problem with sleep paralysis so it didn't shock me when it happened, but this time was different. Usually I hear voices and see figures crawling up on my bed but there were none of that. I felt something grab my ankle and start to pull me off the foot of the bed. (This is the second time this has ever happened and they've both occurred in the same week) I would normally panic and try to shake myself out of the paralysis but I didn't this time. Something told me to just let it happen so I focused all my energy on breathing and trying to look up at the ceiling.

As soon as my eyes locked on the ceiling I felt myself lift up. My body felt strange, I was heavy but weightless at the same time. I floated on my back upwards and towards my bedroom door but before I exited the room I felt very afraid so I glided back down to my bed. As I sat in my bed I could see my shadow. I had very long braided pigtails which I am not sure why that stuck out to me but that's not how I'm wearing my hair. Finally I woke up.

I have been practicing lucid dreaming and astral projection for a few weeks now but I'm not very good at it. I've never had an experience like this and I was wondering if I had successfully travelled? Though it wasn't very far.

Another thing to note is that when I woke up I had an image burned into my eyes, as if I were staring into a light. It was a circle, glowing red with intricate designs inside of it.
Does anyone know why I saw this?

Please share your own stories of lucid or weird dreams and OOBE. I find this stuff so fascinating.

I don't know anything about sleep paralysis, so there could be aspects of that which I'm not seeing.  But I can offer an opinion about the spiritual side of things.

As I was reading the first two or three paragraphs, I was going, "She might feel like she's being lifted soon" and "she's probably going to see a shadow soon".  It's what I would expect to happen to someone who is working with astral projection, temple building, spiritual communication, lucid dreaming and oneiromancy, divination, empathy, and (possibly) a few other things.  Yes, in my opinion, you are becoming more spiritually aware and are moving toward a greater awareness and control of the astral body.  And dreaming within a dream (or falling backwards in a dream) often presages a lucid dream.

Lightning often symbolizes sudden change or revelation - including, in many cases, shock.  Repeated bolts or slow-motion lightning can indicate a trauma that takes a long time to understand and/or heal.

I would guess, as a shadowfriend, that you are moving toward an initiation or threshold of some sort that involves exploring your shadow-self (although I'd prefer not to comment, in an open forum, as to the possible nature of yours).  This is a very challenging, but equally rewarding, process, and - if this is the sort of encounter you are moving toward - I wish you the best of journeys into the beautiful heart of darkness.  The shadow is a necessary and useful complement to the higher self and medial personality/ies.  Those who face it become capable of realizing their full potential.

Quote from: Juniperberry;155579
I've had dreams within dreams before (I call them Inception dreams). I had one a couple of nights ago, in fact. I woke up from a dream inside my original dream. The second level dream was lucid, the original dream was not. I do think it's about levels of our subconsciousness, because my second level dream was much more emotional and symbolic then the first level dream. All of my second level dreams have involved water, it's either flooding or I'm drowning. Then I 'wake up' back into my dream.

I've had sleep paralysis once, again with a dream that involved water. But I had one particular dream that freaked me out more than that because I was in a lucid dream that I couldn't wake up from. I'd close my eyes in the dream, will myself awake, open them...and still be in the dream. This happened five times and felt like an hour. It was maddening.

I like the term "Inception dreams".  I sometimes call them "meta-dreams".

Water is often associated with the emotions, psychic abilities, and dreams themselves (and a host of other things, but these are usually what water indicates in dreams).  The flooding could indicate a flux of emotions (or just emotions of great intensity, especially sadness, fear, or peace - though the latter seems less likely in this case).  It could also indicate a struggle with psychic or magical abilities - especially if you are in the process of mastering new abilities - or a situation in which you feel your voice or opinions aren't being heard.  Or it might even indicate that you are experiencing an elemental shift that involves stronger water energy, although the sense of struggle probably won't persist if that's the case.

I've worked with a few of people who had similar experiences with not being able to wake or not being sure they were awake.    In all but one case (which, if I'm not mistaken, involved either sleep paralysis or narcolepsy - I referred the seeker to a physician), I was able to help by finding a waking trigger for the person.  I find a waking trigger typically needs to be something that you don't tend to dream about - so you don't dream it, of course - but also something that you experience in a unique way in the waking world.  It's often something with a unique smell, since most people don't dream smells (even if smell symbology is part of the latent content of their dream script).  It may even need to be something you enchant to look different in the dreaming (or waking) world.  For instance, I have some sort of widget for hanging necklaces on that looks like a wand in the otherworld.  If I wanted to test the veracity of a dream, I'd move myself into my study and check to see if it looked like a wand or a necklace-hanging widget (sorry - I've no idea what those doohickeys are called); that would tell me if I were dreaming or not.
Aett of Cups

Book of Spirals is my author site.
The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Tags: