collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 29 November 2020: $636 donated. Only $74 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* Recent Posts

Re: Crazy thought by Anon100
[Today at 07:01:24 pm]


Re: Crazy thought by Anon100
[Today at 06:05:32 pm]


Re: Tigereye by PerditaPickle
[Today at 07:56:54 am]


Re: Tigereye by sevensons
[Today at 06:16:03 am]


Re: Recently Blogged by PerditaPickle
[Yesterday at 06:21:02 pm]

Author Topic: Divination and the spiritually sensitive  (Read 847 times)

Mikie

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Apr 2014
  • Posts: 31
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:06:57 pm »
Have any of you had any experience with this sort of thing?


I am a practitioner who is engaged to a woman who is very sensitive to the spirit world and have had to come up with some on the fly fixes for some problems it has created.
I have been living and practicing on my own up to this point so this wasn't ever much of a problem, but we're moving in together and we have noticed the effect it has had on her. She comes from a family of practitioners and witches but has only now started to take up the arts herself.
We have been giving offering to our Ancestors, the Gods/Goddesses and the Spirits.
Also I have been teaching her Divination like Rune Casting, Tarot and the like.
We have been doing a lot of protection spells, charms and fetishes for her, but there are times where really nothing seems to do much but the Lovers Protection Charm I made her.

Any ideas, stories, questions or the like would be great.

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 68
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:10:41 pm »
Quote from: Mikie;175407
Have any of you had any experience with this sort of thing?


I am a practitioner who is engaged to a woman who is very sensitive to the spirit world and have had to come up with some on the fly fixes for some problems it has created.
I have been living and practicing on my own up to this point so this wasn't ever much of a problem, but we're moving in together and we have noticed the effect it has had on her. She comes from a family of practitioners and witches but has only now started to take up the arts herself.
We have been giving offering to our Ancestors, the Gods/Goddesses and the Spirits.
Also I have been teaching her Divination like Rune Casting, Tarot and the like.
We have been doing a lot of protection spells, charms and fetishes for her, but there are times where really nothing seems to do much but the Lovers Protection Charm I made her.

Any ideas, stories, questions or the like would be great.

 
I don't think I follow what the problem is...? Does she break out in a rash if you do a reading or what?

If she's also a practitioner does she take care of her own shit by pracitising meditation, grounding, centering, all that jazz?

Mikie

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Apr 2014
  • Posts: 31
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:43:43 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;175413
I don't think I follow what the problem is...? Does she break out in a rash if you do a reading or what?

If she's also a practitioner does she take care of her own shit by pracitising meditation, grounding, centering, all that jazz?

 

No, nothing physical. Visions, nightmares, things like that.

Yes she does do protection and cleansing of her own, but like I said, It doesn't sem to be doing enough. She has just started practicing in all reality. No more than a couple of months. It almost seems like her starting to practice has opened the floodgates and she hasn't had time or experience enough to keep it in check.

carillion

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2014
  • Posts: 664
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:05 pm »
Quote from: Mikie;175420
No, nothing physical. Visions, nightmares, things like that.

Yes she does do protection and cleansing of her own, but like I said, It doesn't sem to be doing enough. She has just started practicing in all reality. No more than a couple of months. It almost seems like her starting to practice has opened the floodgates and she hasn't had time or experience enough to keep it in check.


It's been my experience that in general, people also ...'amplify' each other. Sometimes where one person can't get much happening the addition of someone else, especially if they are what I think you mean by 'sensitive' can get the joint jumping.
The only problem I see is energy ( a sloppy term but there are few others) can outpace experience. Also, if things start happening , you have to dampen emotional responses that can make things seem exaggerated in importance. I am lucky in that the person who amplifies me (or visa versa) is also extremely pragmatic and skeptical so while phenomenon can be observed, there is no accompanying emotional excitement to distort it.
In my opinion, it's always more constructive to ask " what is it, is this even something important or interesting?" than to just be dazzled by a 'seeming' something or event.

Go slow.

Laveth

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 885
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:02:42 pm »
Quote from: Mikie;175420
No, nothing physical. Visions, nightmares, things like that.

Yes she does do protection and cleansing of her own, but like I said, It doesn't sem to be doing enough. She has just started practicing in all reality. No more than a couple of months. It almost seems like her starting to practice has opened the floodgates and she hasn't had time or experience enough to keep it in check.

 
It might be helpful to advise her to take a break from divination and focus more on meditation, grounding and shielding until she gets those down first.

I'm not sure if this is something you do, but it's something I need to. Before a divination "session," shielding and having a clear mind. After a divination session, grounding to bring your mind back into its own.

Jake57

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 52
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;175428
It might be helpful to advise her to take a break from divination and focus more on meditation, grounding and shielding until she gets those down first.

I'm not sure if this is something you do, but it's something I need to. Before a divination "session," shielding and having a clear mind. After a divination session, grounding to bring your mind back into its own.

 
Yes, this is the perfect answer!  Meditation and grounding are essential for sensitives.

Mikie

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Apr 2014
  • Posts: 31
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 03:56:02 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;175428
It might be helpful to advise her to take a break from divination and focus more on meditation, grounding and shielding until she gets those down first.

I'm not sure if this is something you do, but it's something I need to. Before a divination "session," shielding and having a clear mind. After a divination session, grounding to bring your mind back into its own.

 


Thank you, all of these answers are awesome. I suppose I'm just not used to practicing with or around people, it's a really different experience.

Emma Eldritch

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 1265
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 68
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 05:20:49 pm »
Quote from: Mikie;175420
No, nothing physical. Visions, nightmares, things like that.

Yes she does do protection and cleansing of her own, but like I said, It doesn't sem to be doing enough. She has just started practicing in all reality. No more than a couple of months. It almost seems like her starting to practice has opened the floodgates and she hasn't had time or experience enough to keep it in check.

 
Ahhh, gotcha. That sucks.

I actually have found the 'floodgate' syndrome is really common! I don't know if knowing that would help her feel a bit calmer, but it might.

I agree with Laveth that meditation is really helpful and important, as are grounding and shielding exercises. If she is very sensitive, she'll probably want to ground and shield daily. It's all well and good to have charms and amulets to help with that, but what happens if you forget to wear it or lose it, you know? For her own peace of mind if nothing else she should practice the basics even if it feels silly to do so.

Quote
I suppose I'm just not used to practicing with or around people, it's a really different experience.


Boy is it. I did so for the first time in years not long ago and it was all sorts of bizarre.

DancesWithHorses

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 231
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 09:29:27 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;175428
It might be helpful to advise her to take a break from divination and focus more on meditation, grounding and shielding until she gets those down first.

I'm not sure if this is something you do, but it's something I need to. Before a divination "session," shielding and having a clear mind. After a divination session, grounding to bring your mind back into its own.

 
This. I tend to dabble but if I'm not careful, the "floodgates" come in fast and furious. I would direct her to http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ which is the very helpful site of a Cauldron member that has lots of very excellent suggestions. I tend to shy away from divination as it opens the gates very easily for me. In fact, I haven't so much as touched my tarot cards in a year. I'm strengthening my energy work first.

I'm also learning how to be around someone who changes my energy work greatly. I've had relationships before but never like this. Thankfully he's completely ignorant of the pagan side of me and that really helps keep it balanced.
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
1653 Views
Last post July 20, 2011, 02:15:14 am
by JuniperMorgan
11 Replies
1319 Views
Last post May 10, 2012, 08:21:32 am
by HeartShadow
112 Replies
7718 Views
Last post January 25, 2013, 11:00:12 pm
by Jack
4 Replies
1244 Views
Last post March 01, 2013, 04:23:57 am
by SkySamuelle
3 Replies
892 Views
Last post July 26, 2020, 06:14:48 am
by PerditaPickle

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal