Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Divination and the spiritually sensitive  (Read 1301 times)

Mikie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:06:57 pm »
Have any of you had any experience with this sort of thing?

I am a practitioner who is engaged to a woman who is very sensitive to the spirit world and have had to come up with some on the fly fixes for some problems it has created.
I have been living and practicing on my own up to this point so this wasn't ever much of a problem, but we're moving in together and we have noticed the effect it has had on her. She comes from a family of practitioners and witches but has only now started to take up the arts herself.
We have been giving offering to our Ancestors, the Gods/Goddesses and the Spirits.
Also I have been teaching her Divination like Rune Casting, Tarot and the like.
We have been doing a lot of protection spells, charms and fetishes for her, but there are times where really nothing seems to do much but the Lovers Protection Charm I made her.

Any ideas, stories, questions or the like would be great.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Divination and the spiritually sensitive
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:10:41 pm »
Quote from: Mikie;175407
Have any of you had any experience with this sort of thing?

I am a practitioner who is engaged to a woman who is very sensitive to the spirit world and have had to come up with some on the fly fixes for some problems it has created.
I have been living and practicing on my own up to this point so this wasn't ever much of a problem, but we're moving in together and we have noticed the effect it has had on her. She comes from a family of practitioners and witches but has only now started to take up the arts herself.
We have been giving offering to our Ancestors, the Gods/Goddesses and the Spirits.
Also I have been teaching her Divination like Rune Casting, Tarot and the like.
We have been doing a lot of protection spells, charms and fetishes for her, but there are times where really nothing seems to do much but the Lovers Protection Charm I made her.

Any ideas, stories, questions or the like would be great.

I don't think I follow what the problem is...? Does she break out in a rash if you do a reading or what?

If she's also a practitioner does she take care of her own shit by pracitising meditation, grounding, centering, all that jazz?

Mikie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:43:43 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;175413
I don't think I follow what the problem is...? Does she break out in a rash if you do a reading or what?

If she's also a practitioner does she take care of her own shit by pracitising meditation, grounding, centering, all that jazz?

No, nothing physical. Visions, nightmares, things like that.

Yes she does do protection and cleansing of her own, but like I said, It doesn't sem to be doing enough. She has just started practicing in all reality. No more than a couple of months. It almost seems like her starting to practice has opened the floodgates and she hasn't had time or experience enough to keep it in check.

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:05 pm »
Quote from: Mikie;175420

Yes she does do protection and cleansing of her own, but like I said, It doesn't sem to be doing enough. She has just started practicing in all reality. No more than a couple of months. It almost seems like her starting to practice has opened the floodgates and she hasn't had time or experience enough to keep it in check.

It's been my experience that in general, people also ...'amplify' each other. Sometimes where one person can't get much happening the addition of someone else, especially if they are what I think you mean by 'sensitive' can get the joint jumping.
The only problem I see is energy ( a sloppy term but there are few others) can outpace experience. Also, if things start happening , you have to dampen emotional responses that can make things seem exaggerated in importance. I am lucky in that the person who amplifies me (or visa versa) is also extremely pragmatic and skeptical so while phenomenon can be observed, there is no accompanying emotional excitement to distort it.
In my opinion, it's always more constructive to ask " what is it, is this even something important or interesting?" than to just be dazzled by a 'seeming' something or event.

Go slow.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:02:42 pm »

It might be helpful to advise her to take a break from divination and focus more on meditation, grounding and shielding until she gets those down first.

I'm not sure if this is something you do, but it's something I need to. Before a divination "session," shielding and having a clear mind. After a divination session, grounding to bring your mind back into its own.

Jake57

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;175428
It might be helpful to advise her to take a break from divination and focus more on meditation, grounding and shielding until she gets those down first.

I'm not sure if this is something you do, but it's something I need to. Before a divination "session," shielding and having a clear mind. After a divination session, grounding to bring your mind back into its own.

Yes, this is the perfect answer!  Meditation and grounding are essential for sensitives.

Mikie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 03:56:02 pm »

Thank you, all of these answers are awesome. I suppose I'm just not used to practicing with or around people, it's a really different experience.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 05:20:49 pm »

Ahhh, gotcha. That sucks.

I actually have found the 'floodgate' syndrome is really common! I don't know if knowing that would help her feel a bit calmer, but it might.

I agree with Laveth that meditation is really helpful and important, as are grounding and shielding exercises. If she is very sensitive, she'll probably want to ground and shield daily. It's all well and good to have charms and amulets to help with that, but what happens if you forget to wear it or lose it, you know? For her own peace of mind if nothing else she should practice the basics even if it feels silly to do so.

I suppose I'm just not used to practicing with or around people, it's a really different experience.

Boy is it. I did so for the first time in years not long ago and it was all sorts of bizarre.

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 09:29:27 pm »

This. I tend to dabble but if I'm not careful, the "floodgates" come in fast and furious. I would direct her to http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ which is the very helpful site of a Cauldron member that has lots of very excellent suggestions. I tend to shy away from divination as it opens the gates very easily for me. In fact, I haven't so much as touched my tarot cards in a year. I'm strengthening my energy work first.

I'm also learning how to be around someone who changes my energy work greatly. I've had relationships before but never like this. Thankfully he's completely ignorant of the pagan side of me and that really helps keep it balanced.
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

Tags: