collapse

* Recent Posts

Well Met by Goraxes
[Yesterday at 11:47:48 pm]

Bardic Shield by entwife
[Yesterday at 07:22:18 pm]

Can a candle be relit while dreaming of a deceased parent? by rachel
[Yesterday at 06:54:44 pm]

Re: It's nice to have found somewhere to come and chat about Paganism! by Pendle Girl
[Yesterday at 06:40:42 pm]

Re: Too grounded? by Pendle Girl
[Yesterday at 06:33:39 pm]

Author Topic: DivEX - Jake  (Read 810 times)

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
DivEX - Jake
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:00:19 am »
I would like a general reading. I have SO much going round my head and I need to know what direction to go in next/what to focus on in regards to my life and my path

Thanks

Jake
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Pagan & Christian heretic. Druid, Gaelic-ish polytheist, some other influences
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Re: DivEX - Jake
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:29 pm »
Quote from: Jacob;149344
I would like a general reading. I have SO much going round my head and I need to know what direction to go in next/what to focus on in regards to my life and my path

Thanks

Jake

Sure. How do you feel about Ogham? That's what I'm better at, although I do read tarot sometimes and can attempt if you'd prefer that.

Do you have a more specific question? And would you prefer to discuss it here or in PM?
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 06:14:09 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;149378
Sure. How do you feel about Ogham? That's what I'm better at, although I do read tarot sometimes and can attempt if you'd prefer that.

Do you have a more specific question? And would you prefer to discuss it here or in PM?

Ogham is all good! I'm fine discussing stuff here but I'm going to leave it a couple of days as I had an emotionally exhausting day today
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Pagan & Christian heretic. Druid, Gaelic-ish polytheist, some other influences
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »
Quote from: Jacob;149379
Ogham is all good! I'm fine discussing stuff here but I'm going to leave it a couple of days as I had an emotionally exhausting day today

That's fine, as I've done a lot of travelling today so I won't have the energy for the reading till tomorrow. Take your time replying.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Dwarvenpunk
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 05:03:21 am »
Quote from: Jacob;149344

Gonna do a basic arrow reading, I think, which is a modified past/present/future - past, present, and then a triangle of three cards for the future, forming the arrowhead.

Past influence is soft Order, which is naturally occurring order like crystallization - "good" order, though it doesn't always feel good to be in it. As a past influence I'd generally take it to mean that you've been settled into a pattern.

Present influence is the doppelganger card. He's basically the opposite of the higher self in this deck, the part of yourself that sabotages and tears down. Whether this is literally self-destructive or symbolic, I can't say.

In the arrowhead, we have soft Metal, the hard Traveler, and finally the hard Metal card. The hard Traveler is someone who has been at the mercy of Forces, and needs to learn how to write his own story. Whether you should take that literally as writing or figuratively, I can't tell. The Metals... soft Metal suggests solidity and persistence, and is supportive energy, while hard Metal is unyielding. But if you've been at the mercy of Forces, unyielding can be a good thing.

So my takeaway would be that you may be looking at a lot of forces outside yourself trying to push or pull you in different directions, and if you know where you want to go, or even just where you don't want to go, you may need to put a lot of effort into your own path, but you will succeed if you do.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 08:56:50 am »
Quote from: Jack;149405
Gonna do a basic arrow reading, I think, which is a modified past/present/future - past, present, and then a triangle of three cards for the future, forming the arrowhead.

Past influence is soft Order, which is naturally occurring order like crystallization - "good" order, though it doesn't always feel good to be in it. As a past influence I'd generally take it to mean that you've been settled into a pattern.

Present influence is the doppelganger card. He's basically the opposite of the higher self in this deck, the part of yourself that sabotages and tears down. Whether this is literally self-destructive or symbolic, I can't say.

In the arrowhead, we have soft Metal, the hard Traveler, and finally the hard Metal card. The hard Traveler is someone who has been at the mercy of Forces, and needs to learn how to write his own story. Whether you should take that literally as writing or figuratively, I can't tell. The Metals... soft Metal suggests solidity and persistence, and is supportive energy, while hard Metal is unyielding. But if you've been at the mercy of Forces, unyielding can be a good thing.

So my takeaway would be that you may be looking at a lot of forces outside yourself trying to push or pull you in different directions, and if you know where you want to go, or even just where you don't want to go, you may need to put a lot of effort into your own path, but you will succeed if you do.

Been thinking about this a lot. Thank you very much for doing.

You say that soft order is a naturally occurring order. Can it be read as...not necessarily a good order but an order that make perfect sense in context even though it might not be particularly healthy or beneficial?

If so it makes perfect sense and feeds into the doppelganger card. I have a lot of maladaptive habits/coping strategies that I don't need anymore but have not yet broken/replaced and I have a tendency to self sabotage which comes from the same place as my unhealthy/un-useful  habits

Hard Traveler absolutely makes sense to me, I really have been at the mercy of forces and am now at a point in my life where I am starting to write my story as I want it to be

I'm wondering if the metals are flagging up that I need both and I need to know how to balance them, Know when to bend and when to be unyielding because that's something I've been thinking about a whole lot recently.

Overall I would say that the reading is telling me that I'm absoloutly on the right track but its going to be a long road and hard work

Thanks again

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Dwarvenpunk
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 05:44:37 pm »
Quote from: Jacob;149562
Been thinking about this a lot. Thank you very much for doing.

You say that soft order is a naturally occurring order. Can it be read as...not necessarily a good order but an order that make perfect sense in context even though it might not be particularly healthy or beneficial?

Absolutely. I generally think of hard order as order that is externally imposed, and soft order as internal or natural, but speaking as someone with OCD, I definitely don't think all internal order is healthy or beneficial. XD you've made me think a bit more about the cards, I appreciate it.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tags: